Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

4 minutes ago, cober said:

I think most referring to kick returning and i think dont want your starting WR taking that role. If Sims develops into a weapon do you really want him returning kicks .

You’d rather waste the 2nd pick in the 3rd round on a kick returner because you don’t want to “waste” Sims, Jr. and risk him getting hurt?? ...  meanwhile still no Left Tackle in sight and the secondary is counting on Ronald freakin Darby to adequately cover Lamb, Reagor, etc.   

Good organizations can gamble on early 3rd round picks on high-upside “Swiss Army Knife” type players ... we are absolutely nowhere near that point.   This pick needed to be a corner, safety, or tackle.  

For those saying we have Sims already, Gibson is a very different player and can be a much better fit in certain looks than him. 

Gibson may actually be better Long-term value than Laviska, who was picked earlier. His contact angles are much more forgiving on his body and he will deflect and bounce off contact, rather than absorb it full on. 

I love the position versatility he offers and he’s a threat that will seriously threaten the middle and punish db’s if he breaks through past the 2nd level.  

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not to rain on any parades, but...

I can't believe hand size can kill your stock in the NFL draft. Imagine being perfectly made to play in the NFL but you were born with small hands. "Sorry guy, I'm not sure how you can even hold a cheeseburger with your 8-inch hands, let alone hold onto a football, to the 6th round you go". 

1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

For those saying we have Sims already, Gibson is a very different player and can be a much better fit in certain looks than him. 

Gibson may actually be better Long-term value than Laviska, who was picked earlier. His contact angles are much more forgiving on his body and he will deflect and bounce off contact, rather than absorb it full on. 

I love the position versatility he offers and he’s a threat that will seriously threaten the middle and punish db’s if he breaks through past the 2nd level.  

I am sure they are hoping to get him matched up on LB's rather than DB's. He is a good player. If he was their BPA than fine take him. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I guess I should have made it more clear in my post that I was being sarcastic, lol.  Hand size is ridiculously overrated.  I've always said that.

I can catch anything thrown my way. But I can’t throw a football for **** because I can barely grip it. I can see how it makes a difference for QBs but isn’t as big of a deal for WRs especially with modern gloves 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am sure they are hoping to get him matched up on LB's rather than DB's. He is a good player. If he was their BPA than fine take him. 

I feel you. I was saying after he runs past the LB trying to cover him and the only one left to lay a hat on him is someone like Ha Ha Clinton Dix. 

8 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

You’d rather waste the 2nd pick in the 3rd round on a kick returner because you don’t want to “waste” Sims, Jr. and risk him getting hurt?? ...  meanwhile still no Left Tackle in sight and the secondary is counting on Ronald freakin Darby to adequately cover Lamb, Reagor, etc.   

Good organizations can gamble on early 3rd round picks on high-upside “Swiss Army Knife” type players ... we are absolutely nowhere near that point.   This pick needed to be a corner, safety, or tackle.  

Do they draft for upside because they're good teams or is it that they are good teams because they draft for upside?  My guess is the latter.  Drafting for need above bpa doesn't seem like a winning formula to me.  Did you like the McLaurin pick when we made it?  Kyle did great last year.  I'm inclined to go with him.

Archived