Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If they trade UP to get another receiver I'll be sad again... depending what they give up. 

I'd have mixed emotions.  I don't want to give up a pick. But man Duvernay is another guy from my list of "my guys" on the draft thread.  I recall you love him, too.  So I think i'd be excited but it would depend on what they gave up.  I'd risk it and see if he's there in the 4th.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd have mixed emotions.  I don't want to give up a pick. But man Duvernay is another guy from my list of "my guys" on the draft thread.  I recall you love him, too.  So I think i'd be excited but it would depend on what they gave up.  I'd risk it and see if he's there.

I thought it might be Trautman.  But you know how I felt about Duvernay. :)

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd have mixed emotions.  I don't want to give up a pick. But man Duvernay is another guy from my list of "my guys" on the draft thread.   So I think i'd be excited but it would depend on what they gave up.  I'd risk it and see if he's there.

Problem with Duvernay is an abundance of slot types. 

I mean, its better to have a glut of weapons available than none. But trading up to add another one seems odd. If he's the pick at our next selection that makes more sense. Though there are others that may get SIP's leg humped, that I am higher on getting. :ols:

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Sounds like they're worried about Jones' health. 

I would see a Jones backup-plan to be lower priority than a starting RT or LB, both positions had BPA-types at that spot.  Especially since they already have Jamaal Williams who, while not elite, can hold the fort.  Didn't need to reach in the 2nd round.

Especially since they traded away the 4th round pick.  Gonna be difficult to fill those holes with only a third rounder and a bunch of 5-7s.  I'm guessing they'll have to trade up back into the 4th to get some higher end talent.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It makes sense they are trying to get weapons on offense. We are probably done on the defensive side until the 7th IMO.

Doesn't make sense to me, LB and CB are a disaster and there could be value there coming up. Especially given Rivera's history with mid-round CB's

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Doesn't make sense to me, LB and CB are a disaster and there could be value there coming up. Especially given Rivera's history with mid-round CB's

We will have to agree to disagree. They just finished solidifying one of the best 4-3 Dlines in the league. They signed a couple of LB's and we had guys already here at that position as well. Yes we need help at CB. But we need help on offense more.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

We will have to agree to disagree. They just finished solidifying one of the best 4-3 Dlines in the league. They signed a couple of LB's and we had guys already here at that position as well. Yes we need help at CB. But we need help on offense more.

I don't think we need more help on offense at this point.

Linebacker and CB are not well.

Offense is fine at this point aside from TE and OL. I would like to see us go there, but I didn't love the options at either position at 66. Jones would have been okay, but he dropped pretty far, so I wonder what we're missing. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Problem with Duvernay is an abundance of slot types. 

I mean, its better to have a glut of weapons available than none. But trading up to add another one seems odd. If he's the pick at our next selection that makes more sense. Though there are others that may get SIP's leg humped, that I am higher on getting. :ols:

Duvernay played outside his first two years but than slot his last season.  I think he can play Z.  But I agree that we have other needs.  Duvernay to me is more polished than Gibson.  I rated Duvernay higher myself than Gibson.  But I listed both in "my guys list" on the draft thread because IMO they both have the potential to be special for different reasons.

Duvernay's speed is the same as Gibson ironically.  They are both 4.39.  Duvernay though to me is the more polished receiver with better separation moves.   They are both great with YAC.  Gibson is more physical and more well rounded.  Love both guys. 

Like you, I'd be happy with Asiasi in the 4th and I've lost track but I believe Trautman hasn't beem taken yet.  I got other players I love, too.  

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The guys we have at LB generally stink, it's not taken care of at all. I'd be happy if one of those guys emerges as more than a JAG. 

Archived