Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

56 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As we discussed a little while back, I think the democrats really need to push what this bill does down peoples throat.  The "90% is going to foreign countries" stuff is freaking everywhere.  

Wait wut?  That's not even believable.  

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Who is it believable for?  QAnon people?  Flat earthers?  Particularly dumb toddlers?

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve seen some version of the 90% goes to everyone but us argument from the whole spectrum of Trumpers.

That 90% is being driven off the chart that @LadySkinsFan posted a few pages back. Here it is again. That chart shows $176B going to vaccines and health care. If you do the math, that about 9.2%. So the talking point is the rest ~90% is to ----  pick your boogeyman - Support poorly run Blues States, Support Nancy Pelosi's and the democrats "far left" agenda, support the Green New Deal and now apparently it's all going overseas.  

As always they are just making it up as they go along becasue they know their loyal base will not do the research needed to discover the real facts. So they just say whatever they want until something or some things stick. 

FB_IMG_1615142292693.jpg.55d1c1d53935bf97364591ec92ac68aa.jpg

• Like 3

I had this argument a few days back with my octogenarian MAGAts. They were whining about "all the money not related to covid going to blah blah blah". Then I reminded them that happens with every bill. "Not like this one". Tell you what, send me the pork you see in this one & I'll research & send you the pork in Stimulus 1 & 2. Silence & no email with any details.

Talking points for the week - the old "Idiot Ball".

Just for the record - the prior week was "Biden is giving the vaccine to illegal immigrants before citizens" because of Scalise's comments. My response to the same people: You mean he's continuing with the prior administrations path to vaccine distribution? Silence....lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ahem.

So many people liked that tweet. I can't believe the standards of basic decency, basic competence or basic...anything has been driven so low by four years of Trump.

I've got to say, I really like this bill. I don't want to jinx it, but I'm calling this a big win for Biden and the Dems. They didn't get everything in, but I think this helps a lot more people, for a lot longer. I also think it's a brilliant idea to do monthly checks (that is how this is working, right? I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and give it a thorough read), it will be a monthly reminder to Americans about what they're getting, who gave it to them and the fact that it can be done. Let the GOP spin whatever bull**** reasons they can come up with to combat this bill, no one will care when they see their bank account.

• Like 2

I've always said that instead of trickle down we should have trickle up. People at the bottom will spend the money to live on. The wealthy just invest it or buy luxury items. They even made money during the last year of Covid while plenty of people of the 99% suffered enormously. Especially women suffered, which is why the voted for Biden instead of the man who sent them and their children into poverty and death.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

So many people liked that tweet. I can't believe the standards of basic decency, basic competence or basic...anything has been driven so low by four years of Trump.

I've got to say, I really like this bill. I don't want to jinx it, but I'm calling this a big win for Biden and the Dems. They didn't get everything in, but I think this helps a lot more people, for a lot longer. I also think it's a brilliant idea to do monthly checks (that is how this is working, right? I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and give it a thorough read), it will be a monthly reminder to Americans about what they're getting, who gave it to them and the fact that it can be done. Let the GOP spin whatever bull**** reasons they can come up with to combat this bill, no one will care when they see their bank account.

monthly checks are just for the child tax credit added to the bill. Stimulus checks are adults are just a one time check 

the bill is honestly a home run imo. It’s fantastic even after it was watered down. 

Biden should hold a prime time press conference to address the nation that he uses to discuss its passing and some highlights of what it does and how it helps Americans and why. 

It would be a massive messaging win. That would drive home this victory. Then close with how we are turning our attention to a large infrastructure bill that will do such and such and put the pressure on republicans 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

monthly checks are just for the child tax credit added to the bill. Stimulus checks are adults are just a one time check 

the bill is honestly a home run imo. It’s fantastic even after it was watered down. 

Biden should hold a prime time press conference to address the nation that he uses to discuss its passing and some highlights of what it does and how it helps Americans and why. 

It would be a massive messaging win. That would drive home this victory. Then close with how we are turning our attention to a large infrastructure bill that will do such and such and put the pressure on republicans 

Yeah, I knew I wouldn't get a monthly payment...maybe if I adopt a kid...

Anyways, I heard about the extra dough for kids on the radio, I thought it would be a lump sum. When I later heard about monthly payments I was confused about how all of this is supposed to roll out. I still haven't read up on it yet...way too high. This has picture:

Just like any other stimulus bill, if you go over it with the finest of combs you will likely find some funding here and there you find questionable or unnecessary, but for the most part this bill is a huge win. For everyone.  And those red state governors, senators, & congressmen will be accepting their relief for state programs gladly and put it to use for the betterment of their people while simultaneously complaining on Fox News about "blue state bailouts" whatever the heck that actually means. 

If there was an ounce of honesty to be squeezed out of these GOPers, it would be to praise the bill and explain to the whack-job hosts on Fox News why it is a good thing and should get support across the aisle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Probably one needs to look at it as helping those in dire straights from the pandemic, instead of a tool for political leverage. As others have pointed out, it's not a stimulus but rather disaster relief, because this is not a typical recession. It's a necessary evil, but America has certainly gone down a path where governing should be popular but we just need to govern for the well being of the citizenry. The pandemic checks will be a nice boost for many, but getting the vaccines out fast is more important. Getting schools reopened safely is more important. Vaccines and schools re-opening will be important but that's going to be lost on many Republicans since a)they are skeptical of vaccines/covid and b) schools (like in my red district) have been in-person since December.

My party, the Democrats, just have to go for it. Pass the legislation they want however they can. In two years Americans can vote again and see if their messaging and policy can help them secure their grip on power. Or if America, with the aid of much voter suppression, will go the other way. It's the way of a Democracy.

I'm all for blowing up the filibuster. Let's do something, let's do BIG things. As Trump has showed in both the positive and the negative, it's not easy to undo everything a president does quickly. Next big one for me is a climate change and infrastructure bill.

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Just like any other stimulus bill, if you go over it with the finest of combs you will likely find some funding here and there you find questionable or unnecessary, but for the most part this bill is a huge win. For everyone.  And those red state governors, senators, & congressmen will be accepting their relief for state programs gladly and put it to use for the betterment of their people while simultaneously complaining on Fox News about "blue state bailouts" whatever the heck that actually means. 

If there was an ounce of honesty to be squeezed out of these GOPers, it would be to praise the bill and explain to the whack-job hosts on Fox News why it is a good thing and should get support across the aisle.

I've actually spent parts of the last two weekends perusing it. I had a good laugh at $25M for Howard University, the VPs alma mater.

But there's a ton of great stuff in there—like funding for mental health.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

And those red state governors, senators, & congressmen will be accepting their relief for state programs gladly and put it to use for the betterment of their people . . . 

What in the world makes you think that?

On 3/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, The Evil Genius said:

What's the difference between a couple making $150k a year vs $160.1k a year?

A wife that doesn't need that daily seasonal latte from Starbucks?

4 hours ago, bearrock said:

Let's not insult dumb toddlers

I had a dumb toddler fall off the bench at dinner tonight who said, "that's not possible, the pandemic checks alone are 22.3% of the entire bill."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Larry said:

What in the world makes you think that?

Well Ok, if they were handed the money themselves and had a choice not to use it for the intended purposes? Sure, but my point is the funding is going to get to the people, businesses, schools, hospitals, etc etc in red states and the GOP should be celebrating and promoting that.  

Let's see... right wing opinion websites.  Cancel culture, critical race theory, wokeness, link to a really well written story about the impact of lockdown on teenagers. 

They will probably be silent when their readers get checks. 

Honestly it's a symptom of our partisan politics that you dare not praise what the other side wants to do.  Some of Trump's foreign policy military decisions was unorthodox (I think?)... focus on China over Middle East, Abraham Accords (pretty orthodox though but still significant) were good... when looked at singularly.  and most of the "good" stuff is bipartisan.  

GOP has spent so long defending trickle-down that trickle-up is a direct affront to their "the wealthy job creators deserve all the credit!" dogma.  And also the "government never does anything good!"  argument... 

• Like 2