Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Dems need to point out these bold faced lies. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the money earmarked for state a local govt is for budget shortfalls becasue of lost revenue due to Covid. Also, GOP states need more assistance than Dem states. Where are the dems beating this message to death???? 

Stop being so passive! It's time to go on the offensive! You have a great story to tell, so ****ing tell it! And tell it over and over and over again!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, apparently Joe & Kamala are gonna take a victory tour...I've heard this morning that they're going on the road to do what Barack said he didn't have time to do back in '09.  Joe said "that humility cost us"...so he's gonna get to the messaging. 

I like that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Since it got exactly 0 GOP votes, I don't understand why they weren't more progressive with this package.

Seems like they wasted an opportunity to once again try and play "fair". It's political idiocy.

They wouldn't have gotten 50 votes if it was much more progressive though right? Wasn't Joe Manchin flexing? 

Also I just realized this douches name is literally Joe Man-Chin. Like a Johnny Bravo villain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Since it got exactly 0 GOP votes, I don't understand why they weren't more progressive with this package.

Seems like they wasted an opportunity to once again try and play "fair". It's political idiocy.

We're less than 2 months into this. The bill is a HUGE win for this administration. They obviously need to build from this & continue to push their agenda.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well, apparently Joe & Kamala are gonna take a victory tour.

As much as I hate Trump, I think his rallies were successful for him even if it was a misguided tool.

I wish Joe would spend time touring the country to stump for and rally support for his policies. I think it’s smart politically to show that you don’t just care about folks when it’s time to vote.

• Like 3

Looking forward to all the Republicans being horrified at how much it costs for the President to travel. 

In fact, Biden should have a line prepared to respond with. I'm thinking "I need to figure out how I can personally profit from that."

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They wouldn't have gotten 50 votes if it was much more progressive though right? Wasn't Joe Manchin flexing? 

Also I just realized this douches name is literally Joe Man-Chin. Like a Johnny Bravo villain. 

Yeah, he's the left's John McCain.

28 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

We're less than 2 months into this. The bill is a HUGE win for this administration. They obviously need to build from this & continue to push their agenda.

I don't know that we get much more tbh. The right's pushback on this is HARD. They're already calling it a waste of money, I've seen the "It cOsTS $5,000 PEr tAXPaYeR bUt We OnlY gET $1,400 AnD sOMe oF US gET nOnE!!!!11" memes. I see nothing but gridlock after this. I doubt they can even legalize weed and fix the infrastructure at this point.

(incidentally, it was SO hard to type that out)

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, he's the left's John McCain.

I get what you are saying but it's really a lot different. This guy is pandering to the far right in his state and on a little power play. John McCain dared to vote his conscience (gasp!). 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I see nothing but gridlock after this. I doubt they can even legalize weed and fix the infrastructure at this point.

Which is precisely why addressing voting is the key issue. HR1, the John Lewis VRA and beyond

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm hearing a compliment, there. 

Perhaps.

From an outsider's perspective, he just seems like a foil. He is a democrat that comes from a conservative state so naturally, he has some conservative values compared to democrat congressmen who come from liberal states. When it's a 50-50 tie, having him on board is important. So the truly progressive initiatives probably won't pass and democrats will look weaker because of him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The Democrats gave concessions to the right and that got them 0 votes.  

It’s amazing how often it appears the republicans are playing chess while the Dems play checkers. 

The Dems suck at wielding power.

The republicans, who’s only claim to power is holding 50 seats in the senate, get to force the Dems to adjust what they want and still get 0 votes for it. 

it’s like watching a dude dubbed “a nice guy” chase after a chick over and over and just never get out of friend zone. 

sack up and figure out how to wield power. God it’s frustrating to watch. 

you know why Dems struggle attracting more people? Cause they’re losers. And whiny. And people don’t like whiny losers. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s amazing how often it appears the republicans are playing chess while the Dems play checkers. 

The republicans, who’s only claim to power is holding 50 seats in the senate, get to force the Dems to adjust what they want and still get 0 votes for it. 

it’s like watching a dude dubbed “a nice guy” chase after a chick over and over and just never get out of friend zone. 

sack up and figure out how to wield power. God it’s frustrating to watch. 

you know why Dems struggle attracting more people? Cause they’re losers. 

I confess I haven't been paying much attention to what the Republicans wanted. But what concessions did they even argue for let alone get in the bill? Again I thought this was all Manchin since he was vote 50? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I confess I haven't been paying much attention to what the Republicans wanted. But what concessions did they even argue for let alone get in the bill? Again I thought this was all Manchin since he was vote 50? 

i think Manchin was most of it. Or all of it. So I guess a poorly worded rant. 

I think otherwise the point still stands. They’re not going to get **** else done. And it’s because the party in the minority has a better ability to get things done than the party that owns the house, executive, and senate tie break. 

maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I’m seeing play out. 

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

See, I kinda disagree. The Dems have been marginalized for so long they are easing back in, sticking a toe in and just rattling doorknobs here and there, but more and more we are seeing Dems, especially younger, more passionate Dems, speaking up, speaking out, pointing fingers and demanding answers.

IMO a big problem is the "Old Guard" (heavy on the old) Dems that have been so indocrinated in the manners and mores of a Senate that no longer exists. They are holding on no matter what. If and when a dominant opinion in the party decides to fight for real, you'll see moves made that could transform their approach, ie. have a quiet talk with Feinstein to retire and put Katie Porter in that seat. But it takes courage to act, the will to change, and when anyone is on top maintaining the status quo becomes a paramount concern, no matter how ****ty your quo is.

Edited by LD0506
  • Like 1

Just now, tshile said:

i think Manchin was most of it. Or all of it. So I guess a poorly worded rant. 

I think otherwise the point still stands. They’re not going to get **** else done. And it’s because the party in the minority has a better ability to get things done than the party that owns the house, executive, and senate tie break. 

maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I’m seeing play out. 

Naw I dont think you are wrong. This has been my complaint about Dems since I started understanding this stuff. They dont play to win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

IMO a big problem is the "Old Guard" (heavy on the old) Dems that have been so indocrinated in the manners and mores of a Senate that no longer exists

Well, that, and the fundamental issue of being a big tent party that includes progressives that will sit home or vote for someone like trump if they don’t get their way (Bernie bros?!)

the old guard has been trying to manage that as well and we all kind of argue over whether they’re doing a good job and what should be done. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1