Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I thought they lowered the caps from 75k to 60k.  

They didn’t get the full amount, but whatever they were promised they are getting less.

Just now, Ball Security said:

I don’t believe they lowered the caps.  I read yesterday that they were still 75/150.  I’d be happy to be shown differently if I’m incorrect.

You are 100% correct. All they did was escalate the drop off on the top. But the %100 cap is the same form everything i have read. There was at one time a GOP proposal to lower it but that did not end up in either final bill (House or Senate). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t believe they lowered the caps.  I read yesterday that they were still 75/150.  I’d be happy to be shown differently if I’m incorrect.

ok, I thought I read on here that the did. Maybe there were just thinking about. But I still don’t see why Biden/dems care about deficit spending at all.  Make the stimulus as large as you think will have an immediate impact (eg people won’t just save it)

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

2k to 1400 to 0.

a lot of people are gonna feel lied too.  Biden promised 2K in exchange for getting everyone to ride the blue wave and now they aren’t getting what they feel he promised.

I always assumed I would get zero.  I would imagine most people making above $200k thought the same thing.  Again, we're talking about 7% of people who went from "2k to 1400 to 0."

And again, since nobody wants to talk about it, the bill still has:

• $1400 checks for most people
  • extend enhanced federal unemployment benefits through August;
  • extend the eviction moratorium;
  • extend federal mortgage forebearances;
  • $350 billion in aid to states;
  • $15 billion to small businesses;
  • money for child care and child tax credits;
  • boost funding for vaccine distribution and coronavirus testing 
  • 15% increase in food stamp benefits through September (instead of June);
  • $4 billion in other food-related funding;
  • $25 billion in rental assistance for low- and moderate-income households who have lost jobs during the pandemic plus more billions for utility payments;
  • $170 billion to K-12 schools, colleges and universities to help them reopen and operate safely
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

And it's time to all call Manchin and Sistema and tell them to stop channeling McConnell and the rest of the Republicans and get on board for We the People. I'm beyond looking at them ruining things for us. They need to stop thinking about re-election and start thinking about people. This includes getting rid of the filibuster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

And it's time to all call Manchin and Sistema and tell them to stop channeling McConnell and the rest of the Republicans and get on board for We the People. I'm beyond looking at them ruining things for us. They need to stop thinking about re-election and start thinking about people. This includes getting rid of the filibuster. 

Regarding Manchin, the fact that Democrats have someone IN WEST VIRGINIA that will vote for 80% of their stuff is a goddamn miracle.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m happy with the bill. Anything with a 1.9 trillion dollar tag passing through this Republican sludge ****ery is a win. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

And when the Dems lose the next election, there will be articles about this bill. Instead of focusing on the real issues of gerrymandering and the fact that our country is filled with willfully ignorant bigots.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I always assumed I would get zero.  I would imagine most people making above $200k thought the same thing.  Again, we're talking about 7% of people who went from "2k to 1400 to 0."

And again, since nobody wants to talk about it, the bill still has:

• $1400 checks for most people
  • extend enhanced federal unemployment benefits through August;
  • extend the eviction moratorium;
  • extend federal mortgage forebearances;
  • $350 billion in aid to states;
  • $15 billion to small businesses;
  • money for child care and child tax credits;
  • boost funding for vaccine distribution and coronavirus testing 
  • 15% increase in food stamp benefits through September (instead of June);
  • $4 billion in other food-related funding;
  • $25 billion in rental assistance for low- and moderate-income households who have lost jobs during the pandemic plus more billions for utility payments;
  • $170 billion to K-12 schools, colleges and universities to help them reopen and operate safely

Last bullet:  no, no, no.  Schools must open immediately.  Freeeeeddddoooommm!!!! But the Senate must return to a more deliberate body and we should not rush to pass this bill.  Why yes, I did favor confirming a Supreme Court judge in half the time of the shortest nomination process in history one month before an election.  But this time is different. —Ron Johnson, probably.

• Haha 4

People are getting a much bigger check because the dependents are boosted up to $1400 (and not $500 or $600). I think I saw that the narrower income phase-out limits will affected 12 million adults and 5 million dependents.  Additionally, unemplyment is getting a boost from $300 to $400 per week. 

So if me not getting a check causes most everyone else to get a bigger and more generous check than Trump, it really is a big WIN for Democrats and Biden.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The GOP could have gone to the Dems and supported more people getting money.  Those votes could have made Manchin’s vote not a concern.  But the didn’t.  The fact the GOP could have done something won’t stop them from pointing out that a lot of people didn’t get checks from Biden next election cycle.  

And the GOP will win because the Dems suck at messaging.

Honestly if Im Dem I just use this in my messaging saying a narrow Dem majority will not get the work you want accomplished. We need a super majority in the house and senate. Get me that and I get you everything you want. 

Or I use this as another reason to end the filibuster. And if I make that work, and get voting rights in, the rest of this wont matter (as far as majority and minorities are concerned, obviously whatever aid they can provide is a good thing) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Murkowski can pound sand. 

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The GOP could have gone to the Dems and supported more people getting money.

They'd be cuck rino traitors. This could be the Reagan Bill to provide Oxygen for Republican Babies and if the Dems proposed it, they'd reject it. 

• Thanks 4

Yep, they're pulling the whole "make him a one-term President, say no to everything" again (still). 

Don't let 'em threaten to filibuster, make 'em do it.  Bring in the cots, pizza, (from Comet Ping Pong, of course), and make 'em ****in' do it.  Put it on every channel (except sports, :ols: ) all day, all night.  Show what they're doing to stop "gubmint" help from getting to their own constituents who need it so badly (HELLO, TEXAS!...half of whom want to secede :rolleyes:).  

Get to the messaging. 

• Like 3

If I was the Democrats I would have been making the argument from the beginning that the reason the amount and scope has to be what it was, was due to going so long without proper stimulus in the first place.  If America would have done what a lot of other countries did and give reoccurring checks during the pandemic there would be no need for this bill.  This is like the minimum wage argument all over again, it doesn't increase for so long that when it is finally time to raise it, you have to raise it by a significant amount for it to matter, instead of changing the actual law itself that puts escalators into it automatically so it gradually increases by a small amount over time as it needs to be.

• Like 2