Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

On 3/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, Larry said:

I think that economic facts support economic policies that the Dems advocate.  

I'm not at all sure that political messaging does.  For all the talk of the vast liberal media boogeyman, if the Dems had the messaging apparatus the R's do, the R's would be an extinct political party,  

Just like I think the Dems absolutely blew their messaging during the election.  There were so many things that Trump and the R's did during those four years that should have been used as clubs against them.  

Been saying this for years. They have a multiplier effect that in rural areas, the churches are also their mouthpiece. So they have their air wave push and they've coopted Christianity for their evil purposes.

But the brainwash is so thorough that most Republicans won't switch because of those said clubbings.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What's the difference between a couple making $150k a year vs $160.1k a year?

$2800 in stimulus checks for Round 3. 

So the second couple nets $7,300 before taxes.  

Gotta draw lines somewhere.  

• Like 2

Fact check: Prisoners also got relief checks from the pandemic bills Trump signed and Cotton voted for

Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, a Republican, is attacking Democrats for passing a pandemic relief bill that will send money to prisoners.

"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Bomber, murdered three people and terrorized a city. He'll be getting a $1,400 stimulus check as part of the Democrats' 'COVID relief' bill," Cotton tweeted on Saturday to his approximately 142,000 followers. Cotton, who voted against the bill, posted a near-identical message on Facebook to his 308,000 followers there.

Cotton tweeted a similar message about Dylann Roof, the perpetrator of a 2015 massacre at a renowned Black church in Charleston, South Carolina.

Cotton's attack on Democrats was echoed by North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn on Twitter on Sunday. 

Fox News, meanwhile, turned Cotton's tweets into an ominous headline on the front page of its website: "FUNDING CONVICTED KILLERS. Democratic COVID bill gives mass murderers taxpayer money right out of your pocket."

But Cotton's attack left out a highly relevant fact.

Facts First: Prisoners also received checks from both of the pandemic relief bills that then-President Donald Trump signed and Cotton voted for. Neither the bill Trump signed with Cotton's support in March nor the bill Trump signed with Cotton's support in December contained any language prohibiting prisoners from getting relief funding.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Covid relief bill gives $86 billion bailout to failing union pension plans

The $1.9 trillion Covid relief package passed by the Senate on Saturday offers $86 billion in funding to failing pension plans.

The American Rescue Plan, which now heads to the House, would let certain pensions apply for federal grant funding, which would be used to help pay retirement benefits to workers.

The provision applies to multi-employer pensions. These plans pay benefits to union workers in industries such as construction, manufacturing, mining, retail transportation and entertainment.

There are roughly 1,400 such plans in the U.S., covering 10 million people.

However, 124 multi-employer pensions are in “critical and declining” status, according to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. They’re projected to have insufficient funds to pay full retirement benefits within the next 20 years.

About 1 million workers are in such plans, according to the American Academy of Actuaries.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Caretakers of 93% of children will get monthly benefits under Biden's stimulus plan

• More than 93% of kids would receive benefits as a result of a measure in Biden's stimulus package.

• The child benefit would give parents up to $300 in monthly checks for a year.

• Biden and Democrats have voiced support for making the measure permanent.

That would be $300 monthly checks for those under 5 and $250 for those older. Individuals making $75,000 or under and couples making up to $150,000 would get a full check.

I didn't see this posted in the thread. This is an amazing addition that I didn't realize was in the plan, setting a base floor for children is massive. 

Edited by GoSkinsGo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Caretakers of 93% of children will get monthly benefits under Biden's stimulus plan

I didn't see this posted in the thread. This is an amazing addition that I didn't realize was in the plan, setting a base floor for children is massive. 

It's not been called out individually but has been in some of the details document. Good to call it out though as it's important. For those wondering about cutting higher income people out, this is where the money is going to, poor people with kids. I see no problem with that at all. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's not been called out individually but has been in some of the details document. Good to call ito ut though as it's important. For those wondering about cutting higher income people out, this is where the money is going to, poor people with kids. I see no problem with that at all. 

I just heard it on the New York Times Daily podcast. I know it was being discussed but didn't realize it made it into the bill. 

The expect to cut child poverty in half, that's amazing. 

• Like 4

The amount of whining going on by rich jackasses for not getting government money is annoying as hell.  You give me that stimulus check and it's either going in an investment account or on some frivolous yolo stuff.  You give that money to someone who needs it, it's paying for rent, food, or necessity.  Why is this even a debate?  

As for drawing the line at 150k, yeah it kind of sucks if you were at the borderline, but let's be real, the line was overbroad to avoid missing anyone who really needs the help to make it through the next few months.  Chalk it up to one of those things in life and be thankful that you can do without the money and not have to worry about how to put food on the table without government assistance.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

The amount of whining going on by rich jackasses for not getting government money is annoying as hell.  You give me that stimulus check and it's either going in an investment account or on some frivolous yolo stuff.  You give that money to someone who needs it, it's paying for rent, food, or necessity.  Why is this even a debate?  

As for drawing the line at 150k, yeah it kind of sucks if you were at the borderline, but let's be real, the line was overbroad to avoid missing anyone who really needs the help to make it through the next few months.  Chalk it up to one of those things in life and be thankful that you can do without the money and not have to worry about how to put food on the table without government assistance.  

I agree with everything you said. I just want to make a small clarification. The $75k and $150k are the same as the other packages. The difference is they didn't phase out to $0 until $100k and $200 where this time they phase out at $80k and $160k respectively. 

Edited by goskins10
typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

70% support is about as bipartisan as it gets.  

It's such an easy message too. "We stand with the over 2/3 of Americans who support.......yadda yadda.... while our "friends" on the other side of the aisle would prefer more Wealthcare handouts to their biggest donors and those who need support the least during these difficult times".

"But Ted Cruz just said...."

"We stand with the over 2/3 of Americans who support.......yadda yadda.... while our "friends" on the other side of the aisle would prefer more Wealthcare handouts to their biggest donors and those who need support the least during these difficult times".

"But McConnell just said...."

"We stand with the over 2/3 of Americans who support.......yadda yadda.... while our "friends" on the other side of the aisle would prefer more Wealthcare handouts to their biggest donors and those who need support the least during these difficult times".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The up child tax credit/Monthly check confuses the crap out of me. Right now it is $2,000 tax credit the phase out doesnt start until like $500,000. This new 3,000 or $3,6000 tax credit phase out starts at 150K. Is it officially phased out at 160K like the stimulus checks? If I just lost my $2K tax credit I am going to be pissed.

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

It's a monthly check... I also think that the stimulus checks are in the form of tax credits...

Yes, that is not what I am asking. The phase out for the child tax credit is something like 500K now  the bill ups at 150K when does the phase out end? 160K like the stimulus checks. 

13 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

It's a monthly check... I also think that the stimulus checks are in the form of tax credits...

Based on the article below, only the increased tax credit is phased out earlier. The current child tax credit appears unaffected by the relief package. Here is a somewhat decent article that explains it.   

https://www.kiplinger.com/taxes/602378/senate-passes-3000-child-tax-credit-for-2021#:~:text=Up to %241%2C400 of the,year-old children to qualify.

Yes.  The enhanced tax credit phases out at the same limits as the checks.  It's an additional $1600 per child under 6 and additional $1000 per child between 6 and 17.  The Dems are going to play the GOP game in that when this benefit expires they will blame the GOP for not renewing it.  

They did not touch the regular $2000 credit -- phase out is $400k per married couple. That would he crazy.  

The GOP is probably going to be mute on this stimulus moving forward.  It would be dumb to attack... 

34 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The GOP is probably going to be mute on this stimulus moving forward.  It would be dumb to attack... 

The GOP could literally claim that there's a special provision in the bill to fund ACORN and Planned Parenthood sending undocumented immigrants door to door to murder everyone's puppies in front of their kids and 30% of America will believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1