Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

42 minutes ago, just654 said:

Just checked this morning. Payment excepted in my account April 30th. If you updated your banking info. I would get Get My Payment tool.

Got this message when I checked this morning - highlight mine. WTF? Mail you a letter? 

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i know more than a few people in that boat...their only income is ssdi, for instance, haven't had to file in years, have direct deposit for years for their ss checks, and no money yet and lost of angst trying to use the sites to know what's up...and of course these are folks with limited help available in many cases and typically blew every cent they had on getting "extra" food, over the counter and prescription medicine, and cleaning stuff  to have in reserve if they could and need that money as "falling behind" on such incomes is further severe stress to that population

Waiting on a rise in burglary because people don’t have money to get food.

50 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Waiting on a rise in burglary because people don’t have money to get food.

crimes around puget sound regions have almost doubled roughly acc to some sources, esp. burglaries, assaults, and car theft, inc jacking

on a recent walk near my neighborhood, and i'm more to the sw of puget sound, i pulled one of my knives (other options available) when a rather threatening-looking guy wordlessly kept approaching me and didn't take the "please keep your distance" warning i find myself having to give every now and then...it was the third occasion in the last month when i've had some meandering-type dude (not "obviously" homeless or old/disheveled etc) kept moving towards me after i gave cues to keep distance or even made it vocal after other signs were ignored...the previous two looked to me more like dudes getting ready to ask for a cigarette or 'spare change' but i had to get vocal with both for them to keep their distance and they didn't like it..one told me to go **** myself..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Got this message when I checked this morning - highlight mine. WTF? Mail you a letter? 

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

That is the message I had from April 15th until today. 

• Like 1

^^ No surprise.

This is going to be (already is?) a disaster. The clock on the loan starts ticking when you get the money. You have to pay 75% of this to your workers. If I own a restaurant & depend on butts in the seats to make it, I'll need to pay all of the wait staff to come to work. If no one shows up to eat/drink? I'm paying them for 2 months to play with their phone. They're missing their unemployment pay + $600/week bonus which isn't being paid by me. So they can't pay their bills with no tip money coming in from customers. Loan money is gone & I have nothing to show for it. SMFH. 

I can't believe there was no plan in place for this type of situation. We can't figure out how to take care of our own people, while lesser countries (in wealth & capital) have already implemented their plans.

US Government waste at it's finest...

On 4/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, KAOSkins said:

Well, you know one more because that's pretty much the boat I'm in.  Luckier than most in that I have a partial pension too.  Bills are all paid this month except utilities.  That's the money I used to buy the very things you mentioned.  They've promised not to shut anyone off for the next couple months so when the gubmint money finally gets here I'll take care of them.

Know some as well who receive SSA retirement benefits, don't have any other source of income, and are not required to file income tax forms. Get their SSA benefits via direct deposit. When using the Get My Payment tool, they keep getting the "status not available" message (or whatever it says). Some in their boat have either already received the stimulus payment or at least received a date to expect it. They've gotten neither. I entered their info for them in case they did it wrong, and got the same thing, A lot of anxiety over this.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Know some as well who receive SSA retirement benefits, don't have any other source of income, and are not required to file income tax forms. Get their SSA benefits via direct deposit. When using the Get My Payment tool, they keep getting the "status not available" message (or whatever it says). Some in their boat have either already received the stimulus payment or at least received a date to expect it. They've gotten neither. I entered their info for them in case they did it wrong, and got the same thing, A lot of anxiety over this.

My information went through on that site.  I think because I get SS plus my pension and I pay taxes every year instead of a refund I wasn't automatic.  It sure as **** could have been explained better to begin with.  Like everything else, the admins story has changed numerous times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

My information went through on that site.  I think because I get SS plus my pension and I pay taxes every year instead of a refund I wasn't automatic.  It sure as **** could have been explained better to begin with.  Like everything else, the admins story has changed numerous times.

yeah, I think those who filed tax returns are far more likely to be accessible within the IRS' system. The whole "Nah, don't have to do anything, trust us" eliminates the reality that people like--even need--to have some sort of feedback that their into has indeed been accepted into the IRS. When you tell people they don't need to do anything, you rob them of having that feedback and now they're just going on blind faith.

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2020 at 6:00 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

I can't believe there was no plan in place for this type of situation. We can't figure out how to take care of our own people, while lesser countries (in wealth & capital) have already implemented their plans.

US Government waste at it's finest...

America is a country that’s for corporations and the wealthy. All the individualism stuff and “less government” is designed to keep up businesses and hurt regular citizens. That’s American capitalism.  If this situation doesn’t wake people up, nothing else will but violence. 

People like this scumbag is who this country is for:

https://www.wonkette.com/meet-monty-the-sad-rich-trump-donor-who-only-got-96-million-in-small-business-loans

Edited by Supernatural24
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 6:51 AM, The Evil Genius said:

I finally this morning got a different notice. When I logged in, it asked for my bank info (routing,  acct) after I had to enter my AGI from 2018, whether I got money back or owed, and how much.

Glad to know I might not have to wait to August for the eip.

Edit..after entering that info and then going back and checking with the wife's SSN, I get the same status as you have, StillUnknown. Sounds like we are at the whim of whenever the IRS wants to pay us now..but atleast they have the info.

And I don't have to unnecessarily file for 2019 yet. 

Not sure what I was expecting but no change in almost a week.  So much for the glimmer of hope last week. 

I went ahead and cashed it.  I went to Lowe's to invest in paper towels but they were bone dry.  Was gonna sell some on the corner for $8 a roll.  That way I can double my stimulus!

I've never gotten free money from the government, I was taken aback initially.  I wanted to frame the check and hang it in my bathroom.