Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

Just now, skinfan2k said:

Do you know Cobol? Alot of government software uses that language. 

Lol...I do (did). I wrote Cobol programs in the 80s. Before that I wrote programs with IBM Assembler & NCR NEAT/3. Cobol was like wading in the baby pool. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Lol...I do (did). I wrote Cobol programs in the 80s. Before that I wrote programs with IBM Assembler & NCR NEAT/3. Cobol was like wading in the baby pool. 

i'm not too familiar but alot of government accounting and financial data is in that software and not many people know it, so obviously it will take time to send out these checks.  

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-04-20/u-s-citizens-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-spouses-immigrants

She works as a film producer and her small business has ground to a halt, forcing her and her husband to eat red beans and rice most nights, scramble to find small business loans and apply for medical assistance for their two children.

So the 44-year-old woman from the Midwest, who asked that her name not be used to protect her privacy, has had to bite her tongue as friends have celebrated the arrival of economic stimulus checks.

As a U.S. citizen whose children are also U.S. citizens, she is excluded from the government’s $2-trillion coronavirus financial relief package because she files her taxes jointly with her husband, a Mexican citizen from Guadalajara.

“It’s the biggest slap in face that the government left us out,” she said. “It’s already such a stressful time. This just increases the stigma and feeling of shame. It feels like a very big betrayal.”

More than 1 million U.S. citizens, in states as far afield as California and Pennsylvania, have been blocked from receiving stimulus checks because they are married to immigrants who don’t have Social Security numbers.

Some are frontline workers employed in hospitals, police departments and public transit. Others have been laid off or are working fewer hours as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sigh. It gets worse for us who paid electronically last tax year.

Hey at least we’re making sure only people that deserve it get it

it’s a good thing that in a gigantic economic crisis the one thing we have tons of is time. 

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i've been stuck here since the tracker opened

Same. I don’t understand why it can’t say. Thanks for your info, we will have the money out to you in 15-30 business days. Now I have to check everyday for no update. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe the blue states should largely stop paying for the red states then. 

wouldn't that mean abandoning your stated principles? 😉

Mcconnel seems to mainly object to paying for blue states preexisting excesses.

On 4/22/2020 at 4:41 PM, StillUnknown said:

i've been stuck here since the tracker opened

I got a different response today when I checked the IRS site. It asked for my AGI & my bank account info. I mistyped my AGI & was prompted to re-enter because the figures didn't match. I reentered the info and the response was - Ok, thanks. 

Makes no sense. Nothing changed from my 2018 return.  Why did it take 2+ weeks to get this prompt to appear? 😠 And now that I've done this step, what other hoops do I need to jump through? I hate these people. 😠