Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

15 hours ago, twa said:

wouldn't that mean abandoning your stated principles? 😉

Mcconnel seems to mainly object to paying for blue states preexisting excesses.

The problem is that NY for example receives a net negative in terms of federal funding vs taxes paid where KY is a very high net positive. 

The numbers are: 

KY receives a net $9,145 per resident of KY

NY loses a net of $1,792 per resident - that number being a negative. 

So if he is claiming KY is paying for "blue states preexisting excesses" that is a lie. In fact KY residents receive an average of $10,937.00 more than the average NY resident. So as a state KY is a huge welfare state.  

For California, they receive a net of $12. So the difference is $9,133 per resident more. In fact KY is the second largest welfare state in terms of net federal funding per resident. So Mitch really just needs to just STFU. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, twa said:

so now the Dems don't want to help poor people?

Mitch ain't shutting up

No, he is not likely to stop running his ignorant mouth but that does not mean he shouldn't. Just keeps showing what a POS he is. He ran his mouth implying KY supports "blue states" and you followed it up with he doesn't want to pay for blue state excesses. The facts show that in terms of real $s KY is the drain on society, not NY who actually pays more per person than they receive. That is the point I was making. I never said anything about them not helping. That's the republicans thing. **** everyone else I just want mine. But then come crying when they need help when it's the dems who are paying the bill!  🙂   And then top it off by blaming everyone else for their own failings. As if they are owed something. It's why they are so easily fooled by the toddler in chief. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, twa said:

pretty sure NY got more federal aid for covid , as they should

Again, as you like to do, you miss or ignore the point. More $ or more per capita? Of course they got more $ but they also pay much more in taxes. There are about 4.5M people in KY vs about 19.5M people in NY. That's why I posted the NET numbers. So while they may have received more $ they also pay more $. In fact they pay so much that it's net negative so they are still funding others - which is fine. They are not complaining. It's the KY senator who's state is a drain, a welfare state that is complaining. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I got a different response today when I checked the IRS site. It asked for my AGI & my bank account info. I mistyped my AGI & was prompted to re-enter because the figures didn't match. I reentered the info and the response was - Ok, thanks. 

Makes no sense. Nothing changed from my 2018 return.  Why did it take 2+ weeks to get this prompt to appear? 😠 And now that I've done this step, what other hoops do I need to jump through? I hate these people. 😠

I'm still on the "once we have your payment date, we will update this page. We will deposit your payment to the bank account below." stage

I'm fortunate that i am an essential worker and have not yet been furloughed so its not critical for me at this moment, but that situation is fluid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I got a different response today when I checked the IRS site. It asked for my AGI & my bank account info. I mistyped my AGI & was prompted to re-enter because the figures didn't match. I reentered the info and the response was - Ok, thanks. 

Makes no sense. Nothing changed from my 2018 return.  Why did it take 2+ weeks to get this prompt to appear? 😠 And now that I've done this step, what other hoops do I need to jump through? I hate these people. 😠

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm still on the "once we have your payment date, we will update this page. We will deposit your payment to the bank account below." stage

I'm fortunate that i am an essential worker and have not yet been furloughed so its not critical for me at this moment, but that situation is fluid.

I finally this morning got a different notice. When I logged in, it asked for my bank info (routing,  acct) after I had to enter my AGI from 2018, whether I got money back or owed, and how much.

Glad to know I might not have to wait to August for the eip.

Edit..after entering that info and then going back and checking with the wife's SSN, I get the same status as you have, StillUnknown. Sounds like we are at the whim of whenever the IRS wants to pay us now..but atleast they have the info.

And I don't have to unnecessarily file for 2019 yet. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Again, as you like to do, you miss or ignore the point. More $ or more per capita? Of course they got more $ but they also pay much more in taxes. There are about 4.5M people in KY vs about 19.5M people in NY. That's why I posted the NET numbers. So while they may have received more $ they also pay more $. In fact they pay so much that it's net negative so they are still funding others - which is fine. They are not complaining. It's the KY senator who's state is a drain, a welfare state that is complaining. 

And before this all happened KY is one of the states that's in the worse financial shape.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mayrarodriguezvalladares/2018/09/24/fortyusstatescannotaffordtopayalloftheirbills/#6bbb55d0718a

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I finally this morning got a different notice. When I logged in, it asked for my bank info (routing,  acct) after I had to enter my AGI from 2018, whether I got money back or owed, and how much.

Glad to know I might not have to wait to August for the eip.

Edit..after entering that info and then going back and checking with the wife's SSN, I get the same status as you have, StillUnknown. Sounds like we are at the whim of whenever the IRS wants to pay us now..but atleast they have the info.

And I don't have to unnecessarily file for 2019 yet. 

Looks like a software update scheduled for tonight.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/irs-payment-stimulus-tool-critical-151654081.html

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Looks like a software update scheduled for tonight.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/irs-payment-stimulus-tool-critical-151654081.html

I think they must have jumped the gun on the updates because I didn't get something different until this morning (and I've been checking every day for the hell of it too). 

Glad that they finally recognized how bad they dropped the ball on this.

Edited by The Evil Genius

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

How long have you been getting that message?

The further adventures of Virginia Unemployment: Trying to file as a Sole Proprietor is messy. The screen for that comes up AFTER the employer screen, which has mandatory information that must be entered to get through. Long story short: I got my rejection letter from Va today saying I had no income reported for any quarter in 2019. No ****, dumb asses. I haven't filed my 2019 taxes so the 1099s I have haven't been recorded by me yet. There was no place to enter it in the system! I filed an appeal & will wait to hear back. At least the appeals website let me explain the situation AND upload 1099s. 

I do need to commend them on the relative speed in replying to my original filing given the number of people filing. We'll see how long the appeal takes. 

3 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

The further adventures of Virginia Unemployment: Trying to file as a Sole Proprietor is messy. The screen for that comes up AFTER the employer screen, which has mandatory information that must be entered to get through. Long story short: I got my rejection letter from Va today saying I had no income reported for any quarter in 2019. No ****, dumb asses. I haven't filed my 2019 taxes so the 1099s I have haven't been recorded by me yet. There was no place to enter it in the system! I filed an appeal & will wait to hear back. At least the appeals website let me explain the situation AND upload 1099s. 

I do need to commend them on the relative speed in replying to my original filing given the number of people filing. We'll see how long the appeal takes. 

Is this the PUA program?

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Damn....hope you guys get the payment soon.

Thanks. Luckily both my wife and I are still getting our paychecks. So it isn’t dire need for us. Just would be nice to get the payment.

14 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Is this the PUA program?

No. I filled that out as well & haven't heard anything from them. Their site was just as bad. 

Edit: I received this email last night.  

image.png.4f340384ff7c0334dcba586891b86444.png

Edited by EmirOfShmo

I had been getting the payment info not available post until yesterday.  Yesterday, I got to put my in bank info for direct deposit (I owed last year), but then it said it couldn't accept my request.  Finally, this morning I was able to complete the process.  Hopefully some of you will have the same good luck today.  

On 4/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, KAOSkins said:

This week was supposed to be SS and SSDI through direct deposit.  Bupkis.  

i know more than a few people in that boat...their only income is ssdi, for instance, haven't had to file in years, have direct deposit for years for their ss checks, and no money yet and lost of angst trying to use the sites to know what's up...and of course these are folks with limited help available in many cases and typically blew every cent they had on getting "extra" food, over the counter and prescription medicine, and cleaning stuff  to have in reserve if they could and need that money as "falling behind" on such incomes is further severe stress to that population

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i know more than a few people in that boat...their only income is ssdi, for instance, haven't had to file in years, have direct deposit for years for their ss checks, and no money yet and lost of angst trying to use the sites to know what's up...and of course these are folks with limited help available in many cases and typically blew every cent they had on getting "extra" food, over the counter and prescription medicine, and cleaning stuff  to have in reserve if they could and need that money as "falling behind" on such incomes is further severe stress to that population

Well, you know one more because that's pretty much the boat I'm in.  Luckier than most in that I have a partial pension too.  Bills are all paid this month except utilities.  That's the money I used to buy the very things you mentioned.  They've promised not to shut anyone off for the next couple months so when the gubmint money finally gets here I'll take care of them.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 2