Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

Here is the latest on what congress is talking about in terms of the next bailout - assuming one happens. Of course dems and reps are on different sides. If it becomes law i will add to the OP at the beginning.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/what-to-look-for-in-the-fourth-stimulus-bill-195635959.html

The highlights or lowlights from this article depending on your view:

Aid for states and cities:

--> Dems want more money for states and cities hard hit with unemployment claims and loss of tax revenue. Many are close if not already defaulting on pension payments among other bills coming due. AMount requested $1T. 

--> Rep do not want to provide any money to help states pensions or health care. They want to keep the state and city aid low. There number is closer to $150B. 

Liability Shield for Businesses: 

--> Reps want to protect businesses from lawsuits resulting in requiring employees report to work but then become the source of a Covid-19 outbreak among those employees. 

--> Dems are against this. 

Likely outcome is both will be agreed to but both will be reduced in scope. - I disagree with liability protection. Seems Mitch wants to protect business more than the American worker. 

More Aid for Small Businesses: 

--> Reps are calling this a high priority. The money from the first two bills is already almost gone. Reps are believed to looking at $300B.

--> Dems are in favor of more small business aid. However, they want the amount to be open ended and not require congress to continuously approve new amounts as needed. 

Likely outcome is another specific number with no open ended number - I agree with reps here in that there should really never be an open ended supply of money for anything. But I could see a budget created for an ongoing program. Not the likely outcome as that is just my thought. 

More funding for testing: 

The article does not provide any details on where the respective parties are. The feeling I get reading the article, is that neither side is too excited about spending money for testing which I find extraordinary since the constant issue from people is that there is not enough testing. It seems this would be an easy win for congress and a place they could come together. 

Likely outcome is they approve some money but not enough and will both claim the other is holding it up. 

• Thanks 1

I'm curious how these next ones will be structured.  My wife and I had a higher earning 2019 than 2018 and filed early so we cost ourselves any stimulus money from that first round.  Our incomes aren't equal...I was looking at the Harris-Sanders plan and wondering how these will work.  I wouldn't qualify for anything but she would, if our incomes are considered separately.  Jointly though, probably nothing again.

We don't particularly need the money, but I could always throw it at student loans.

Gentlemens' clubs, stripped of business during the pandemic, are entitled to relief, judge rules

Strip club workers and owners, losing their shirts in this coronavirus pandemic, cannot be barred from emergency federal loans and grants, a federal judge ruled on Monday.

U.S. District Judge Matthew Leitman sided with plaintiffs, led by the DV Diamond Club in Flint, Michigan, and said the Small Business Administration — in doling out finds from the Paycheck Protection Program — cannot exclude legal businesses deemed to be of a “prurient sexual nature.”

The PPP, created through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, was designed to draw maximum applicants and make "loan guarantees widely available to small businesses across the commercial spectrum," according to the judge.

“Simply put, Congress did not pick winners and losers in the PPP,” Leitman ruled. "Instead, through the PPP, Congress provided temporary paycheck support to all Americans."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

Those liberal states...the ones that ensure your ****tard states have more federal money coming into them than your state pays huh?

Can you imagine if California and NY asked for their money back? The south and the rest of flyover 'murica would be ****ed.

Edit..except Texas when oil isn't crashing..

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

‘Stealth Bailout’ Shovels Millions of Dollars to Oil Companies

(Bloomberg) -- As it headed toward bankruptcy, Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. took advantage of a little-noticed provision in the stimulus bill Congress passed in March to get a $9.7 million tax refund. Then, it asked a bankruptcy judge to authorize the same amount as bonuses to nine executives.

The rig operator is one of dozens of oil companies and contractors now claiming hundreds of millions of dollars in tax rebates. They are employing a provision of the $2.2 trillion stimulus law, called the CARES act, that gives them more latitude to deduct recent losses.

“This is a stealth bailout for the oil and gas industry,” said Jesse Coleman, a senior researcher with Documented, a watchdog group tracking the tax claims. It’s geared to companies “that have been losing money over the last few years -- and now they get that money back as a check from the taxpayers. That’s exactly what the oil industry has been doing.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stealth-bailout-shovels-millions-dollars-080000681.html

• Sad 1

On 5/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Those liberal states...the ones that ensure your ****tard states have more federal money coming into them than your state pays huh?

Can you imagine if California and NY asked for their money back? The south and the rest of flyover 'murica would be ****ed.

Edit..except Texas when oil isn't crashing..

That needs to be changed. States should only get what they contribute. 

31 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's misleading.  NM is the poorest or second poorest state.  We get an inordinate amount of fed money, but the lions share is by way of military bases and the two national labs.  Not welfare.

Add:. We're blue though, so we deserve it.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

2 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

It's misleading.  NM is the poorest or second poorest state.  We get an inordinate amount of fed money, but the lions share is by way of military bases and the two national labs.  Not welfare.

Add:. We're blue though, so we deserve it.

I actually don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with GOP elected officials from piss poor Kentucky, Florida, and other flyover ****stain welfare states making ridiculous claims that blue states need to stop taking so much federal dollars from them.

Edit..Would I like to see all my federal tax dollars stay in state? Sure..but if it helps those who aren't as fotunate in other states, thats no biggie to me. United States of America.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The next president will take his signature off, but this is a game changer if federal government gives us debit cards to give us money directly in a crisis.  Open that up go events where FEMA has to be involved.

As for Florida not wanting to bailout liberal states, how bout not state that doesn't have state income tax should be limited in their federal aid? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

People are accidentally throwing out their stimulus payments — because they look like junk mail

Some Americans may be unwittingly throwing their long-awaited stimulus payments in the trash. That's because, starting last week, the Treasury Department and the IRS started sending out economic impact payments in regular white envelopes that could be confused for junk mail.

While some people have already received their payments as direct deposits or paper checks in the mail, almost 4 million people — including those for whom the agency does not have bank accounts on file — will be getting their stimulus payments in the form of prepaid debit cards. The only problem is that the debit cards come in envelopes that say "Money Network Cardholder Services" and do not bear any federal markings.

That has prompted some recipients to complain that they look too similar to unwanted credit card offers, leading some to accidentally throw the cards — which could contain as much as $3,400 for a family of four — in the trash.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

Feel kind of bad bumping this with everything else going on.  China's above post is correct, we almost threw ours out.  We got a debit card which looks for all the world like a scam offer.  For one thing, my name wasn't correct, it was hyphenated like my wife's name.  I've never filled my name like that ever.  For another, online research said these debit cards were going out to people whose bank account information wasn't on file with the IRS, we've been e-filing for a decade or more.  The only reason I didn't throw it out immediately was because the card itself was a legit plastic card, not one of those fake paper ones you get with other offers.

We didn't have much on it, just used it to buy groceries for a week.  My question was, do I need to keep it?  If there is a second round of these things, are they going to just load it on the same cards, or are they going to send new ones?

• 4 weeks later...

Word on the street is likely only folks making under 40k will get stimulus checks.

I'm fine with this, I dont want one if it means unemployment system runs out of money and collapses.

If I lose my job, I'll need unemployment more then a stimulus check.  And i know plenty of people that need both right now.

some weeks ago we had mcconnell and other congressional goper leaders in front of the cameras telling folks that a second round of stimulus $$ would be simply a "blue state bailout" and that the entire nation shouldn't have top pay for 'poorly managed democratic-run areas'....so no, no mo money, lefties

forward to all the red states peaking now and ole mitch and his pals are very talky about doing a full magilla round 2....

• Like 1