Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As per NFL.com (and others) Redskins trade with Panthers for Kyle allen (QB)

MartinC

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Right?!

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm worried about his dangerous throws /propensity to throw INTs, but I really think we see a vastly improved offense the next few weeks. 

Bold prediction:  KA plays well enough that it's at least a consideration that we don't even draft an early round QB come April '21.  Wouldn't that be something. 

Yeah. We deserve to have nice things just like everybody else.

I think Allen should be given a clean slate, for at least his first game.

He's had an entire offseason and part of a season to work on, essentially his rookie mistakes, from last year.

He's in a new surrounding, which might be a better fit for him.

He may not be the player we saw last year on the Panthers.

We have really no idea which Kyle Allen will show up. He could be the same. Or he could be more mature football-wise.

So, while he does deserve a clean slate, I'm not saying he should get a long leash. We should know rather quickly, if he's a different player now.

Allen has one major thing working in his favour. He is clearly highly regarded by both Rivera and Turner. They trust him to work hard. Study. Act like a pro.

That by no means makes him our long term starter. If he’s not ‘good’ enough so be it, I would imagine he’ll still have a role within the organisation as part of this roster as long as we have Rivera/Turner around.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m not totally convinced he’s no threat to Dwayne. The fact that they used a draft pick to get him convinces me even more. 

I mean Kyle Allen doesn’t have the same pedigree but I think there is an argument that he was as good if not better than Haskins was last season. 

I know this franchise like the back of my hand 

1 hour ago, jamellm78 said:

Let's see what Kyle Allen will do with the tutelage of Alex Smith

Presenting Kyle Smith...not to be confused with our de facto GM.

Seriously though, has either Alex or Kyle been asked about their relationship, as teammates/mentor ?

I've heard quite a bit on Alex and Dwayne, but havn't heard anything to indicate the dynamics between Alex and Kyle.

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Which would you rather have:

- An 8-8 record with Allen

- A 3-13 record with Haskins

8-8 with Allen. Then we’d at least know we don’t need to upgrade every position. We can find a QB with some upside or one that falls and go from there. Obviously 3-13 is enticing for a top pick, but that’s about it

Just happy we all are free of “I told you so’s” due to no one feeling like Allen in the future franchise QB.

We can all rejoice together as one if he surprises and does well this game and in future games. 

;)

6 hours ago, Hooper said:

Oh man, Beck took even less chances than Dwayne. Every pass was a dump off.

Allen is Grossman with some running ability. 

12 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Just happy we all are free of “I told you so’s” due to no one feeling like Allen in the future franchise QB.

We can all rejoice together as one if he surprises and does well this game and in future games. 

;)

Allen is Grossman with some running ability. 

i loved Rex. He was somehow short and fat and played QB in the NFL. Had some great games in his career too. I loved his “screw it I’m going deep” mentality.  

Archived