Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL.

Okay here is a hint.  Or kind of a dead giveaway.

Roughly, 25 years ago, I worked for Namco...strong dislike for those heavy, static charged monitors. (Cool thing to be working on though!)

Edited by Yohan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@purbeastthat's pretty awesome.  Meant to give you props about Lethal Enforcers, I used to play that all the time on the Genesis.

It's arriving on Friday so I hope to get it into my cabinet before I go back to work on Sunday.  Although, I might not have to go back in until Monday depending on what I hear about us getting paid for the missed time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yohan said:

Roughly, 25 years ago, I worked for Namco...strong dislike for those heavy, static charged monitors. (Cool thing to be working on though!)

I'm pretty new to working on them myself.  When I only had 1 cabinet I paid someone $175 to recap it and reflow it out in VA.  But now that I have more and have been tinkering, I decided to mess around with it myself.  I am installing a new flyback and recapping it.  Taking a break now though.  I have already removed the flyback and recapped the neckboard so far.  Like 28 more caps to install + flyback.  Then cross my fingers and hope it works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So should we all be thanking you for the glorious Tekken franchise? 😃

I can not take that credit. At the time, Namco owned a chain of Arcades in Malls called Aladdin's Castle, here in the Midwest anyway. It was my college gig. Picking up new machines from their warehouse in Chicago and distributing to the various arcades, and also fixing equipment at the arcades.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I can not take that credit. At the time, Namco owned a chain of Arcades in Malls called Aladdin's Castle, here in the Midwest anyway. It was my college gig. Picking up new machines from their warehouse in Chicago and distributing to the various arcades, and also fixing equipment at the arcades.

Seems like a decent gig. Back when arcades were the rulers of the gaming universe 

On 3/29/2020 at 12:17 AM, Gallen5862 said:

YW LadySkinsfan. I understand about needing it. I am on disability myself and was hoping we would get help.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:45 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Gallen5862, thanks for posting about stimulus benefits for seniors, I really could use it.

Glad you and the fam got out today. Dinner looks great!

Cross posting

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So sorry Burgold. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Me too. 

Her temp topped 104 today, but a tepid water bath dropped it to 99. We've been researching things they can do, but the data is very limited. Generally, don't overdress with high fevers, cool washcloths on foreheads, fans to circulate the air, and tepid water baths (not ice baths) seem to be recommended. Tylenol. Also, some ambulation is useful.

But really, this is info good for treating high fevers not Covid, but at the moment, it's all about treating symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Me too. 

Her temp topped 104 today, but a tepid water bath dropped it to 99. We've been researching things they can do, but the data is very limited. Generally, don't overdress with high fevers, cool washcloths on foreheads, fans to circulate the air, and tepid water baths (not ice baths) seem to be recommended. Tylenol. Also, some ambulation is useful.

But really, this is info good for treating high fevers not Covid, but at the moment, it's all about treating symptoms.

Damn.  This scares me to death.

Hang in there, Burgold.

• Like 1

In time of crisis, Alabamians flock to liquor stores

Package stores in Birmingham are considered essential businesses during the city’s coronavirus shelter-in-place ordinance, and Mike Carpri has a theory about that.

It’s to maintain a civil society.

“If they stop liquor sales, that’s going to start the rioting and the looting,” said Carpri, who runs Lou’s Pub and Package Store in Lakeview. “Taking the availability of alcohol away will start the hysteria.”

Pacify the herd, in other words. Rule No.1 in a time of crisis.

When people are stressed and have nothing to do, it’s best to just let them drink and sleep it off. Or so the theory goes.

These Zoom chats are nice, but they’re just not the same. Still, it was a passing joke by a friend of mine during a “Zoom birthday party” that summed up our drinking habits during this health crisis.

“People are stocking up for the month three times a week,” he said.

Remain calm, wash your hands and do what you gotta do to stay sane and pass the time. For a lot of people, that’s drinking.

Click on the link for more