Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Well in good news our firm managed to collect on a near $18,000 project, which should at least allow us to make payroll for the next couple of months.

I think after all this is over more of us are going to want to work from home.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Curious to see what changes are permanently made after this is over.  I believe this will be one of them.

It should be and not just for the more noble reasons of more time with family and the mental health benefits of spending less time in traffic.  Truth is most bloated companies have a lot of staff they don’t need in office.  They can hire people for less if they let them live farther away from most job centers.  Those people can also take 80% of the usual salary and live better in Kentucky than they can in NoVA at 100%.  Companies spend a fortune in office space rent as well, cutting it down is more money in the bank.

What’s the point of all this communications tech if we all still have to live in the highest rent and highest traffic areas just to have access to jobs?  

Maybe it’s time to spread out again.  At least for jobs that allow it.

• Like 3

Started Ozark.  Oh my goodness.  Sucked me right in.  We're on episode 7 of season one.  Looks to me like Ruthie is going to be the Jesse Pinkman of the series.

And Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are both amazing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'll try Costco next week. I overslept this morning to try to get in during senior hour. 

I don't know if it will hold true where you are, but I went last Saturday at 8:30 and it was a ghost town. No lines at all.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think after all this is over more of us are going to want to work from home.

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Curious to see what changes are permanently made after this is over.  I believe this will be one of them.

Warning:  Any job that can be done from home, is a job that can be outsourced for practically nothing.  

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Warning:  Any job that can be done from home, is a job that can be outsourced for practically nothing.  

Not true, 90% of my job can be done from home, but there is some extremely sensitive information involved that can't be outsourced. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know if it will hold true where you are, but I went last Saturday at 8:30 and it was a ghost town. No lines at all.

I'm hoping it calms down the next couple of weeks, I don't want to renew my membership without one last shopping trip there. I'll renew later in the summer.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm hoping it calms down the next couple of weeks, I don't want to renew my membership without one last shopping trip there. I'll renew later in the summer.

Things are calming down here, including Costco. A month ago, there was this horrible buzz everywhere you went. A lot of fear. Now things just...kind of are. 

I drove around the valley for about an hour today, took a survey of some of my old haunts and favorite businesses. No lines at any of the major supermarkets anymore. The park near my house is still open to people who want to walk, have a little picnic with their family or whatever, but the playground equipment is taped off. 

It's good to know that life is still going on around you, even it's moody and placid compared to what you're used to. The lack of traffic is nice, I'll be honest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I wasn't anywhere close!!  Why is everyone using my name all the sudden?

TheParanoidBuzz

2 minutes ago, China said:

Why do you assume it was you?  They said horrible buzz.  You are the Great Buzz.

TheInsecureBuzz

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Things are calming down here, including Costco. A month ago, there was this horrible buzz everywhere you went. A lot of fear. Now things just...kind of are. 

I drove around the valley for about an hour today, took a survey of some of my old haunts and favorite businesses. No lines at any of the major supermarkets anymore. The park near my house is still open to people who want to walk, have a little picnic with their family or whatever, but the playground equipment is taped off. 

It's good to know that life is still going on around you, even it's moody and placid compared to what you're used to. The lack of traffic is nice, I'll be honest. 

Things came kinda late here in Cedar Park TX. Although it's turning purple because we are just above Austin, it's still Texas.  Plus Gov. Abbott just ordered stay at home I believe today or yesterday, the Mayor of Cedar Park was calling for it weeks ago and some people got in line. 

The police were here across the parking lot twice yesterday, once in daylight and once at night. Police come here for mostly domestic violence and drugs. I only know because I was walking Dancer both times.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

even if i dont shop inside costco,  saving on gas and rental cars pays for the membership alone. 

$2.59 right now in southern California, 30 cents cheaper than the next lowest. 

Gas is under $3 everywhere now. Truly this is the end of days. 

Edited by Bacon