Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I think that going for long walks, or even better jogging, is beneficial to your health.  You get vitamin D, you get to work your lungs out.  You're more likely to get sick if you come in to contact with a virus if you're just sitting at home inside all day.

Not a doctor, just my two cents.

Fair, but I would counter if you have a wood or tile floor anywhere in the house, put some socks on, grab a counter, and you have a treadmill.  Plenty of stand in place cardio exercises as well.

You don't have to go around the corner to get some sunlight, how many folks haven't worked out in years that some can't take a month off?

The virus can move in the air, we better off taking our chances not going outside if we know it isn't already in our house, imo.  I wish I knew why they were saying its still okay to exercise outdoors.  If I'm to believe its to maintain health, then why not tell us all to do it? 

I think it's because they are afraid of further restricing us and having to enforce it, it's a balance that may be the one thing even Trump understands.  There's really no way to convince this entire country to willingly do what is scientific necessary right now, maybe a lot, but not everyone.

Edited by Renegade7

Pretty grueling workout this morning (INSIDE @Renegade7,) 52 card pickup.  

Take a deck of cards, shuffle them up.  Pick 4 exercises, each card represents the number of reps you need to do for each exercises.  Aces and face cards can be whatever you want, I made them 10 reps each.  For this morning it was:

Diamonds:  Pull-ups

Hearts:  Kettlebell swings

Clubs:  Ab Wheel roll outs

Spades:  Push-ups

Jokers were 10 overhand pull-ups, wide grip

It was a ****.  But a good way to keep things different.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Take a deck of cards, shuffle them up.  Pick 4 exercises, each card represents the number of reps you need to do for each exercises.  Aces and face cards can be whatever you want, I made them 10 reps each.  For this morning it was:

Spiff, currently.

• Haha 4

I went to Costco today at 8. There was already a long line, some people wearing masks, everyone keeping distance. I didn't think to bring a camp chair because I can't stand for that long time. I may try tomorrow morning, a little earlier and with a chair. 

still lots of traffic on the roads here.

In other news, I finally took a children's Claritin yesterday and again today. My allergies are now under control, meaning I am not sneezing nor having a runny nose. I never had this problem in Virginia unless it was a really heavy pollen year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

These are hard as ****. I used to do these too, but for us the jokers meant you had to re-do the last 5 cards you discarded. Our exercises were pull-ups, push-ups, burpies, and I can't remember what the last one was.

Another making it work during the apocalypse moment:

Wife taking a dump during a meeting on mute because she couldn't hold it, and I was coming out of a meeting and had to pee because I had another one back to back.  With a straight face she told me to pee in the shower and run watee, not giving permission on request, told me to, and kept herself on mute.

I would classify this as a problem I'm lucky to have.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Another making it work during the apocalypse moment:

Wife taking a dump during a meeting on mute because she couldn't hold it, and I was coming out of a meeting and had to pee because I had another one back to back.  With a straight face she told me to pee in the shower and run watee, not giving permission on request, told me to, and kept herself on mute.

I would classify this as a problem I'm lucky to have.

you only have 1 bathroom?

• Like 1

I don't know. I'm super private when it comes to handling my bathroom business. I'd never even think to go into the bathroom if I suspected my wife was crapping. I have no desire to see that, smell it, know it.... and she is the same. We both know it happens but that's the extent of it. 

And I'd literally drink her bath water she's so awesome. But I don't want any part of that. That's her business. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

54 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

These are hard as ****. I used to do these too, but for us the jokers meant you had to re-do the last 5 cards you discarded. Our exercises were pull-ups, push-ups, burpies, and I can't remember what the last one was.

Oh ****, using the jokers for that is a good idea.  I might try that tomorrow.

Last time I did this was last summer when I was in a hotel on a road trip and I don't remember it being this hard.  I forget the exercises that I did but I also didn't have access to a pull up bar and kettlebells.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't know. I'm super private when it comes to handling my bathroom business. I'd never even think to go into the bathroom if I suspected my wife was crapping. I have no desire to see that, smell it, know it.... and she is the same. We both know it happens but that's the extent of it. 

And I'd literally drink her bathroom she's so awesome. But I don't want any part of that. That's her business. 

She's gotten better, but I gave up trying to get her to close the door unless it's killing the whole apartment. I'm marking it up to cultural differences that keeps things interesting.

I was standing up peeing the other day and she just came in and started doing her hair, talking about it's nothing she hasn't seen or smelled before. 

I think it may be different if it wasn't a one bathroom, but she straight thug life'd on me, yo, lolz

giphy (62).gif

• Haha 4