Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

I don't have a cellar either, so I keep most of my wine in the bathroom closet and one case in the kitchen pantry. I have several cases of half bottles of Chateau Neuf du Pape ( expensive). Since I don't drink much anymore, it's seasoning nicely. Have some tempranillo, some sauvingon blanc, and rose. Mostly red though.

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't have a cellar either, so I keep most of my wine in the bathroom closet and one case in the kitchen pantry. I have several cases of half bottles of Chateau Neuf du Pape ( expensive). Since I don't drink much anymore, it's seasoning nicely. Have some tempranillo, some sauvingon blanc, and rose. Mostly red though.

No worries, I used to drink in the bathroom too.

I went to the grocery store today and I was surprised how many people decided to shop today. Granted, it was around 5pm and it is Friday. Looked like most people were just getting random junk to hunker down with for the weekend.

• Haha 4

I just went grocery shopping with an N95 mask on.  I did not realize how hard it is to breathe in one.  I was feeling out of breathe because it restricts the airflow.  And then it gets hot as hell.  My nose started running because I was hot in there too and it just got so uncomfortable.  I did shopping for my mom and my family though so I was there longer than usual, but I think from now on I'll rock it when I shop.  Might as well since I have one.

• Like 1

Watching 80s James Bond movies. On the Living Daylights now. In the movie Q shows Bond a boom box rocket launcher made for the Americans.  Q calls it (cringe) the ghetto blaster. We both literally cringed when they said it.

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Watching 80s James Bond movies. On the Living Daylights now. In the movie Q shows Bond a boom box rocket launcher made for the Americans.  Q calls it (cringe) the ghetto blaster. We both literally cringed when they said it.

James Bond movies haven’t aged well.  I thinks this is partly a function of the underlying premise of the character-he’s a womanizing alcoholic killer who doesn’t follow the rules-but mostly a function of his origin being 60 years ago. 

James Bond is like an old Senator. You can’t apply todays standards to who he was 20 years ago. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I know it isn’t among the best but that’s one of my favorite Bond movies.

4 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Okay, so I had my first fancy glass of scotch.  Laproigh 18 year.  Will the campfire taste go away eventually? Oddly alluring tho, have to admit.

I mean, “eventually” is pretty nonspecific. Yes, it will go away eventually. Probably not soon enough that it doesn’t haunt your dreams while you sleep tonight. 

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

True story, I once tried my hand at Thunderball for karaoke.

Trying to cover Tom Jones is suicide. 

• Haha 2