Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

24 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone else having Disney+ issues?  We are trying to watch Onward and every minute the video freezes but audio keeps going.

According to here - https://downdetector.com/status/disney-plus/ - there seem to be problems in my area but I also don't know how accurate/reliable that site is.

I'm having issues with both Netflix and Kodi, and basically everything else that requires an internet connection. Freezing, buffering and lag issues and in some instances, straight getting kicked off.

4 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Post lunch horseradish (Atomic brand from Amazon-old school sizzle your nose hairs) Bloody Mary with some Steely Dan on the patio.  Perfect pre-nap activities.  Retirement has allowed me to adapt quite readily. 😈

Super jealous. Nice kitty, too. 😻

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm having issues with both Netflix and Kodi, and basically everything else that requires an internet connection. Freezing, buffering and lag issues and in some instances, straight getting kicked off.

I have had no issues with Netflix the past few days and my son was watching stuff this morning.  This thing with Disney+ is the only issue I've had.

It's officially weird for me now.  I was just informed that the nursing home where I go to walk one of the residents' dog now has one resident and two employees with confirmed COVID-19.  So now I'm no longer going there to walk the dog, and really have to stay home now since there is the potential I was exposed.  Not going out will be tough, but thankfully I bought some supplies earlier this week so I can go out in the yard and do some gardening at least.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, China said:

It's officially weird for me now.  I was just informed that the nursing home where I go to walk one of the residents' dog now has one resident and two employees with confirmed COVID-19.  So now I'm no longer going there to walk the dog, and really have to stay home now since there is the potential I was exposed.  Not going out will be tough, but thankfully I bought some supplies earlier this week so I can go out in the yard and do some gardening at least.

Hang in there.  My wife works at a nursing home, although there aren't any confirmed cases where she is yet.

We had a little scare as I've had a sore throat for a few days and developed a fever today.  Videoconferenced with my doc who was fairly confident it's not covid based on symptoms.  He prescribed antibiotics (looked like strep) and said to take all reasonable precautions of course.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

Post lunch horseradish (Atomic brand from Amazon-old school sizzle your nose hairs) Bloody Mary with some Steely Dan on the patio.  Perfect pre-nap activities.  Retirement has allowed me to adapt quite readily. 😈

Retirement is wonderful! My days are pretty much unchanged except for my daughter bringing me groceries. I might order home delivery soon though. Some things she can't buy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

MVIMG_20200403_120954.jpg

Must get that horseradish!!!

Mrs. Skinsfan and I are good. 

Our jobs are considered essential. I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to work remotely. Mrs. Skinsfan has to go back to work on Tuesday.  

We have plenty of bourbon, toilet paper, bourbon, sanitizer, bourbon, gloves, bourbon, disinfectant,  bourbon, food, bourbon, bottled water, bourbon, cigars, bourbon, beer & scotch.

Freezers are packed and, if necessary,  I hit the warehouse clubs early, and the grocery store. I do all the shopping, and mainly buy fresh produce. If there is a good sale. I'll buy fresh meat, and cook it within a day, or so, to keep from using too much frozen stuff. We have a vacuum sealer,  so the stuff lasts.

I found a lot of great ideas, online,  on exercising without gym equipment,  and get in good workouts.  I just got a Kindle, and have been devouring books. I resisted for years, but the library closures forced my hand.  I love the damn thing and should have bought one years ago.

We have watched more movies than usual,  and are watching a few different series on Netflix,  Amazon, etc and my sister has downloaded ****-tons of movies on the "Movies Anywhere" app.

We're practicing common sense and hoping that everyone else is too.  Stay safe, everyone!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Where is your Gaucho, amigo?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Make sure they ship it to you in an ice pack. Makes ALL the difference.

Thanks for the tip.

I used to get this smoking hot horseradish,  "Nasal Napalm", that was refrigerated too.  That **** was deadly. Your sinuses would clear the second you opened the bottle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thanks for the tip.

I used to get this smoking hot horseradish,  "Nasal Napalm", that was refrigerated too.  That **** was deadly. Your sinuses would clear the second you opened the bottle.

This stuff is like that.  Makes me remember my ol man taking me out for shrimp ****tails when I was a kid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

May be officially weird for me by tonight, but hopefully not. Wife and I are having a dinner party with our close friends via Facetime tonight. They are in the NYC area, so it will be interesting to hear how that is going. Wine is chilling. 

You said wine is chilling.  Meanwhile in the Grilling and Cooking thread you're drinking red wine.  You mean to tell me you chill red wine?  Or that you plan to serve white with Beef Stroganoff?

6 minutes ago, China said:

You said wine is chilling.  Meanwhile in the Grilling and Cooking thread you're drinking red wine.  You mean to tell me you chill red wine?  Or that you plan to serve white with Beef Stroganoff?

Chill to 60 in my wine fridge per the advice of my friend who is an advanced sommelier. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1