Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Nope.

I can say the same, at least it's not a noticeable difference from where we were a week ago.

Are people still packed on boardwalk in VA Beach? That was last straw for Northam, and I don't blame him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Anyone in Va seeing a difference since the stay at home order was put in place?

I can't say, because I've been STAYING AT ****ING HOME.

I'll know more tomorrow, Friday and Saturday when I take my essential ass to my essential job.

• Haha 3

So far here in Delaware it isn't raging yet so a lot of people are just blithely unaware and don't care, making little to no effort to limit contact/ shelter at home/ social distance/ etc. Gov Carney threatened to shut down a Walmart the other day because people are not making the effort to limit the spread. My innate cynical/paranoid/skeptical view of humanity had us locked down two weeks ago. I am taking strenuous measures to keep it at bay, especially since I have been grocery shopping for seniors, and roll my eyes when I see the people in and out all day, friends stopping by, "babysitting" a gaggle of kids since they're home and have free time, etc.

I am quite content to have someone tell me later that I overreacted, that'll mean I'm still here to be told. 

Image may contain: possible text that says 'STAY HOME Biggest wake up call ever if your child gets this virus their going to hospital alone in a van with people they don't know to a room they don't know to be with people they don't know You will be at home without them in their time of need Think about it Stay in'

Edited by LD0506
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Anyone in Va seeing a difference since the stay at home order was put in place?

The main highways are empty in NoVA. My wife and I drive to my mother in law a few times a week to drop off groceries. 

267, 495 at peak hours are ghost towns. 

Edited by No Excuses

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I can't say, because I've been STAYING AT ****ING HOME.

Unfortunately in Alexandria I can look out my window and still see the same number of people training for the Boston Marathon even though it got canceled.  Giving it to end of the week to see if it stops or not, so far, no.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The main highways are empty in NoVA. My wife and I drive to my mother in law a few times a week to drop off groceries. 

267, 495 at peak hours are ghost towns. 

I wonder what traffic will be like if NOVA does more fully adopt remote work when the stay at home orders get lifted.  I haven't been stuck in traffic in at least a month now.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Unfortunately in Alexandria I can look out my window and still see the same number of people training for the Boston Marathon even though it got canceled.  Giving it to end of the week to see if it stops or not, so far, no.

Ah, well in my large SFH in Burke, all I see are people out walking the neighborhood.  Sometimes with their dogs, sometimes jogging.  All exhibiting social distance from those they pass.  It's rather beautiful.

Can't wait to go back to work and see every asshole in Springfield coming out and standing right next to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Can't wait to go back to work and see every asshole in Springfield coming out and standing right next to me.

wanna borrow my sign?

most of them are behaving at my place , those that aren't are told to leave.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, twa said:

wanna borrow my sign?

most of them are behaving at my place , those that aren't are told to leave.

Oh we have signs.  Signs are abundant.  Our front door is locked and it's funny watching people walk up to it trying to open the door.  Then I have to run out front before they leave.  Sad.

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ah, well in my large SFH in Burke, all I see are people out walking the neighborhood.  Sometimes with their dogs, sometimes jogging.  All exhibiting social distance from those they pass.  It's rather beautiful.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't believe folks should be out jogging right now.

Because I live in a high population area, even a small percentage of folks with cabin fever packed the park and walkway by one of the rivers here.

You can't close everything and tell folks they can go to the park, that's where folks will go with cabin fever then get each other sick.

They talking about closing the national parks, I had to come to my senses to stop myself from going because too many were saying that was okay, then article came out about wanting to close it because of park rangers getting sick.  They also said we don't need masks and about to change that, got four washables yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I don't believe folks should be out jogging right now.

Because I live in a high population area, even a small percentage of folks with cabin fever packed the park and walkway by one of the rivers here.

You can't close everything and tell folks they can go to the park, that's where folks will go with cabin fever then get each other sick.

They talking about closing the national parks, I had to come to my senses to stop myself from going because too many were saying that was okay, then article came out about wanting to close it because of park rangers getting sick.  They also said we don't need masks and about to change that, got four washables yesterday.

I think that going for long walks, or even better jogging, is beneficial to your health.  You get vitamin D, you get to work your lungs out.  You're more likely to get sick if you come in to contact with a virus if you're just sitting at home inside all day.

Not a doctor, just my two cents.

• Like 1