Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I've been researching clippers on amazon.  I was around 7 weeks without a haircut when all this came about and a few days before the governor shut down barber shops, I told the wife I was going to get one and she talked me out of it.  So now, here I sit with dueling tornadoes on the back of my head.  I'm thinking a military buzz is in order here real soon.

Another issue, taking care of the dog.  We normally take her to get groomed, but that's no longer an option.  She's 10 months old and the thought of taking care of her nails myself bothers me, but we've got a grinder coming via amazon now.

You need the Flowbee...

Flowbee GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

Not sure how they're going to enforce this shelter in place thing, but assuming the garden center is non-essential, I bought some supplies so I could start my garden.  Since it is earlier than usual for me, I'll have to grow things from seed rather than small plants.  We'll see how this goes.

And there didn't seem to be much social distancing at Merrifield Garden Center.  Lot's of people buying gardening stuff.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

So my dad was supposed to go to Maryland to get allergy shots this week (he’s here in Delaware at the moment) and he’a not quite sure what to do now.

They need to establish medical care facilities for people with non-virus related issues. I think I broke a bone in my wrist 3 weeks ago, but no way am I going anywhere with sick people to get it checked out. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

They need to establish medical care facilities for people with non-virus related issues. I think I broke a bone in my wrist 3 weeks ago, but no way am I going anywhere with sick people to get it checked out. 

Maybe you shouldn't have punched the Total Wine guy for messing up your order.  

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Listening to Steve Czaban whine about Virginia not designating golf courses as essential is hilarious. How the heck can you encourage people to stay in if you let golf stay open!?!

Many golf courses have adopted rules that prevent touching the flagstick, including putting a piece of a pool noodle at the bottom of the cup so the ball doesn’t drop to the bottom, they are sanitizing all the carts after use, no pairs in carts, only allowing online tee times so no going into the clubhouse, etc.

It is an activity that can be done without being in close proximity of others.  

WV is now the last man standing for golf in the area and I’m sure will be shutdown soon because MD and VA folks will come here.

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Many golf courses have adopted rules that prevent touching the flagstick, including putting a piece of a pool noodle at the bottom of the cup so the ball doesn’t drop to the bottom, they are sanitizing all the carts after use, no pairs in carts, only allowing online tee times so no going into the clubhouse, etc.

It is an activity that can be done without being in close proximity of others.  

WV is now the last man standing for golf in the area and I’m sure will be shutdown soon because MD and VA folks will come here.

It's an activity that can be done without being in close proximity of others, unless you want to push your opponent in the water.  Then you gotta touch them, but only for a split second.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's an activity that can be done without being in close proximity of others, unless you want to push your opponent in the water.  Then you gotta touch them, but only for a split second.  

You can push them in with your club, still gives you about 3 ft.

• Thanks 1

Do you guys remember me ****ing about my upstairs neighbor stomping around a few days ago? Well, received a community-wide email today. Here's a portion below. 

We want to reiterate that as a majority of the community is now teleworking that you please be mindful of how you move about in your unit to prevent unnecessary instances of exorbitant volume. We ask that you be mindful of your media device volume, your pets, and to please refrain from excessive physical activity such as running or stomping in your unit. We understand that as you're at home a lot more now that you would like fresh air and telework on your balconies. This is perfectly fine, however we ask that as there are others who will have their doors/windows open that you please refrain from loud noise disturbances that can intrude into your fellow neighbors' units.

I feel vindicated!!!!

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Do you guys remember me ****ing about my upstairs neighbor stomping around a few days ago? Well, received a community-wide email today. Here's a portion below. 

I feel vindicated!!!!

"We ask that you be mindful of your media device volume, your pets, and to please refrain from excessive physical activity such as..."

I would've included "Such as ****ing too loudly". Weve all been there at least once with apt living. Some chick next door or down the hall getting demons exorcised out of that ****.

• Haha 2