Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Hope you are okay, too!

Thanks dude, I am doing well. I used to be on here all the time talking about my depression. I had no one else to talk to at that time. But, in a couple of weeks I am going to update the board on what has gone on in the past year. A lot of people offered their help and shoulders to lean on. I figure at least I could give y’all an update on how things have turned.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Adrienne is bringing some groceries, she's leaving them on my patio. She says to write her a check for them. Thankfully she's cautious, she says she's been in and out of places lately. Also, an employee tested positive, this gal works in a different building but still. My granddaughter is staying at her father's in the meantime. Adrienne misses her, better safe than sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems likely that my wife will be either getting furloughed or having her salary cut early next week.

I panicked about this until I ran the numbers and discovered that we would only be losing $600 a month with the new unemployment expansion in place. With the $2900 stimulus check we have coming, that sum would be covered and then some for the 4 months that unemployment benefits would be expanded. 

If you didn't already know someone who really, really needed that stimulus bill to pass, now you do. Thank God for the timing of all this. It could have been so much worse. I'm still thinking back on how I finished my student teaching just one month before the school system shut down. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 8

Adrienne is getting $2/ hour increase during all this, retroactive to March 16. Most of the grocery stores in the Austin area are doing the same. 

I think those on Social Security also get stimulus money. I haven't filed for last year yet because I made $1200 on contract and I owe about $35 self employment tax as near as I can tell.  Thank goodness we have the grace period to July 15th to file without penalty.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

The wife found hand sanitizer at 7-Eleven and I found a liquor store that's a 3 minute walk from my place with toilet paper and paper towels. This country's got a couple more months of coronavirus hell ahead of it, but boy it would be nice if the panic buying bull**** disappeared. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Day 12... Or something, I think I lost count.

It's already getting long and our government just told that it will last two more weeks. Like those two will help, I'd expect it to last all April, and maybe early may.

I am not supposed to work, but screw it, I'm gonna lose sanity if I don't, so I keep on working. I hate being left aside and it wouldn't be fair to my colleague still working.

Hopefully, wife, kids are OK so far, as well as parents who are missing their grandchildren. Whatsapp can help here but it's not ideal. Kids are only 8 and 6 and are always looking for hugs and kisses. How can you forbid them from it? They wouldn't understand... Parents are still offering their help to take care of childrens as they think they are safe for staying two weeks confined. Problem is my wife is still working with elders, so her counter restart everyday.

We're gonna need a big hugging party when this is over.

• Like 2

Its definitely not the same, working from home. Everything about my normal routine has changed,  and that's difficult as hell for someone who's bipolar (routine is EVERYTHING).

I've started doing little things to regain some normalcy, like dressing how I normally would for work,  and getting up at my pre-quarantine time, which is 5:30am, and going outside then walking up the driveway like I'm walking into my actual office/workspace.

Its definitely helped the last 2 days that I've done it. My brother and I have also started playing each other in chess using our grandfather's old set at the end of each day.

One thing I have noticed, is that tv and other stuff like it, ceases to be as entertaining as it was before, when you have exponentially more free time to enjoy it.

• Like 9

My kids have been in daily contact with their cousins in WA and Germany along w friends in Israel. Never been more happy they have relationships with extended family. My son is even playing DnD w cousin in Germany.

These are the days of miracle and wonder.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 4

On 3/24/2020 at 9:06 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I am running out of things to do and, embarrassingly, don’t know where to even start when it comes to buying illegal needle drugs. So, rationally, I decided to watch several episodes of Doomsday Preppers on Netflix because it seems topical and maybe I’d pick up a useful tidbit here and there. Nope and nope. 

...One guy called his heavily-defended compound (i.e, a house and 2 sheds) “the Alamo.”  I guess nobody told him that everyone died at the Alamo. 

I’ve only ever watched one episode of that show and it was the one with the Alamo dude. It was hilarious when dude’s friend screwed up with the firearm (I won’t say anything else to avoid spoiling the comedy) and he was all crying like a lil ****. I almost wet the bed laughing. 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:26 AM, twa said:

my county issued stay at home order, as a essential business I'm expected to enforce social distancing and proper hygiene is observed.....and post signage.

I'm thinking.....

image.png.81d162ca2b78a05ecfe3ce116be1abb6.png

Back Off!

Cough uncovered again mother****er!

any other suggestions?

Don’t use a hard r when you say “mother****er!”. If you do, they’ll know you’re just one of those interwebz tough guys and they’ll muss ya up real good.

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, Bacon said:

Seems likely that my wife will be either getting furloughed or having her salary cut early next week.

I panicked about this until I ran the numbers and discovered that we would only be losing $600 a month with the new unemployment expansion in place. With the $2900 stimulus check we have coming, that sum would be covered and then some for the 4 months that unemployment benefits would be expanded. 

If you didn't already know someone who really, really needed that stimulus bill to pass, now you do. Thank God for the timing of all this. It could have been so much worse. I'm still thinking back on how I finished my student teaching just one month before the school system shut down. 

I could use it to. Since I just got approved for Medicare; they back dated to it October. There’s a monthly premium; so they are deducting the entire 6 months premium from my next disability payment; so that disability payment be about 80% less.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Don’t use a hard r when you say “mother****er!”. If you do, they’ll know you’re just one of those interwebz tough guys and they’ll muss ya up real good.

I removed the mother****er since some found it vulgar.

I wish they would stay away.

add

added....

wash hands before entering or you get

the bleach hosing

don't make the crotchety old man shoot you.

6ft rule

Edited by twa