Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

I've been on hold for 2 hours and 43 minutes.

I had to plug my phone to the charger and turn the speaker on so my arms won't fall off or get locked like that. I've already cooked myself something to eat and ate it waiting for the music to stop.

Your estimated wait time is: 2 minutes.

Very cool. They told me 90 minutes. when this started.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've been on hold for 2 hours and 43 minutes.

I had to plug my phone to the charger and turn the speaker on so my arms won't fall off or get locked like that. I've already cooked myself something to eat and ate it waiting for the music to stop.

Your estimated wait time is: 2 minutes.

Very cool. They told me 90 minutes. when this started.

Yeah, I was on hold yesterday with a couple of different institutions.  They each said the wait times were in excess of 20 minutes, but didn't say how much in excess.  It was probably double that.  More people at home and fewer people working to answer tech support means longer wait times.

10 minutes ago, China said:

Yeah, I was on hold yesterday with a couple of different institutions.  They each said the wait times were in excess of 20 minutes, but didn't say how much in excess.  It was probably double that.  More people at home and fewer people working to answer tech support means longer wait times.

Ya, man, I get it, even our ISP was sending us emails about keeping up with bandwidth because the entire building is working from home. Asked us to schedule less meeting at top of hour because it's causing spikes on the conference call system.

I just noticed at almost 3 hours exactly with this vendor for myself, they hung up the phone on me without picking up or saying anything.  That's twice now, unacceptable.  Take a call-back number like a civilized jobs-producer.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Ya, man, I get it, even our ISP was sending us emails about keeping up with bandwidth because the entire building is working from home.

I just noticed at almost 3 hours exactly, they hung up the phone on me without picking up or saying anything.  That's twice now, unacceptable.  Take a call-back number like a civilized jobs-producer.

Agreed.  Some do take call back numbers.  More, if not all, should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, China said:

Agreed.  Some do take call back numbers.  More, if not all, should.

To try and be fair to those that didn't have it in place already and it will likely be more common after this, I'm sending them an email. 

Some people are or are not comfortable with all the different computer based ways there are to interact with these companies. Some apps are more user friendly then calling them and having them diss you in person.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

To try and be fair to those that didn't have it in place already and it will likely be more common after this, I'm sending them an email. 

Some people are or are not comfortable with all the different computer based ways their are to interact with these companies, some apps are more user friendly them calling them and having them diss you in person.

Yeah, one of the apps I called about was not configured to find help through the app and I went online to find a number to call.  Then, like you, my call got cut off before I was helped.  Not cool.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Taco Bell Burrito

That's a burrito?  Look like a soft tortilla with a barely a little bit of "have I or shall I" (as my mother would say) inside (mostly just tortilla).

Edited by China
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-column-miller-retirement-stimulus/column-how-the-2-trillion-u-s-coronavirus-relief-bill-impacts-retirement-savers-idUSKBN21E1CZ

Column: How the $2 trillion U.S. coronavirus relief bill impacts retirement savers

SOCIAL SECURITY

Enrollees in Social Security retirement and disability benefits will receive the same one-time $1,200 stimulus payments that are being sent to most adults, subject to the same income limitations ($75,000 in adjusted gross income for single filers and $150,000 for joint filers). Lesser amounts will be paid to people with adjusted gross income over those ceilings. Recipients of Supplemental Security Income, a program for people with very low incomes, also will receive the payments.

The payments will be structured as income tax rebates - like a refund of taxes that you paid, so they will not be taxable. Details are not available yet on how the payments will be made, but they may be added to already-scheduled electronic payments and are expected to be sent in early April, according to Certner.

Have been effectively quarantined since February 20 and am not doing well with it. Today around 5 we (my wife and 2 kids) said **** it lets go for a drive, we ended up on the National Mall. All of DC was tumbleweeds. There were a few people out, but it was eerily quiet for 5pm on a Saturday. 

We walked around for awhile, tried (and failed) to explain why they built a big stone tower for George Washington (4 year olds don’t understand how memorials, death or time works) and tried (and failed) to get a picture of our newborn, Lincoln, with Abraham Lincoln’s monument (we parked too far away and didn’t feel like walking). 

The excursion was a rousing success because we got takeout (And wine) from a great spanish restaurant that is practically giving it away in order to stay in business and keep their staff. #SupportLocalBusiness

729E44A4-AC62-476F-81BF-2FBE9CC3995E.jpeg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I did it and got off my lazy ass for a bit. Did the landry and cleaned one room.

Will do a little more housework tomorrow.

You're my motivation for tomorrow :D

I've been wanting to do housecleaning for a while, but fell into a depressed state so I've been marinating in bed most of the day for like 2 weeks now.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Gallen5862, thanks for posting about stimulus benefits for seniors, I really could use it.

Glad you and the fam got out today. Dinner looks great!

YW LadySkinsfan. I understand about needing it. I am on disability myself and was hoping we would get help.

• Like 1