Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

@SoCalSkins and @PleaseBlitz

The Best Alcohol Delivery Services to Stay Well-Stocked While Quarantining

Alcohol delivery has been disrupted. Or, rather, because of the disruptors in alcohol delivery, there has not been a disruption in our alcohol supplies. In a time when it's ill-advised to visit a crowded grocery or liquor store to stock up on beer, wine, or liquor, you can still ensure your bar cart never runneth dry. Below, our favorite places to order beer, wine, liquor, and even non-alcoholic spirits online. Just make sure you tip your delivery people extra in these harrowing times.

The Best Place to Buy Beer, Wine, and Spirits Online: Drizly

Click on the link for more

• Like 2

Good going, Bacon! Glad to see you are feeling better and having some positivity in your life. 

I am an introvert so being alone is great for me. It's how I normally live my life. I do have Dancer and she's perfect.

Most of my friends are anxious and stressed. I offer a listening ear to them. I check in with them every couple of days. I am watching a lot of movies on Turner Classic Movies, which is great because no commercials. The big downer for me is that Trump continues to have his non-factual "news" conferences during the Young and the Restless. I record it and have to delete it every day. So I don't know what's going on in Genoa City.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So, if Trump institutes a national quarantine or if you live in one of the 3 states with a quarantine; what do u do if you have to go out.   Supposedly, only groceries stores or pharmacies will be open under the Trump order if he gives it.   How can even they be open; if you aren't supposed to leave the house?  Hmmm.

Also, medical people have to get to the hospital; so they have to be exempt.   Also, people who need regular medical treatment like me (dialysis); have to be exempt.  I have to be able to go dialysis or else I will kick the bucket eventually.

I don't expect this from Trumpsters or the hard core Bernie Bros but hopefully this motivates everyone else to vote to remove this ****show and it's enablers this fall.  Also, people should demand that mail-in voting should be done wherever possible since there's no guarantee this is over by election day. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, if Trump institutes a national quarantine or if you live in one of the 3 states with a quarantine; what do u do if you have to go out.   Supposedly, only groceries stores or pharmacies will be open under the Trump order if he gives it.   How can even they be open; if you aren't supposed to leave the house?  Hmmm.

Also, medical people have to get to the hospital; so they have to be exempt.   Also, people who need regular medical treatment like me (dialysis); have to be exempt.  I have to be able to go dialysis or else I will kick the bucket eventually.

I don't expect this from Trumpsters or the hard core Bernie Bros but hopefully this motivates everyone else to vote to remove this ****show and it's enablers this fall.  Also, people should demand that mail-in voting should be done wherever possible since there's no guarantee this is over by election day. 

I live in Cali and this has been happening for a few days. No one out to enforce. I went out for a run today and there were as many cars out as a normal day and people walking around. The average person doesn’t GAF. 

Not sure how many times this has to repeated but here goes...

Shelter in place is not a lockdown.  There isn't and probably won't ever be a total lockdown because frankly American citizens can't handle it. 

Traffic and stores (that are still open) here in the East Bay are considerably less crowded so most people are doing their part. 

• Thanks 1

Day 5.

It's already boring to be forced to stay at home. I'd rather go to work. Which is still a no and I suspect will be a no go until the end of spring holidays. Which will happen in 6 weeks... Definately not easy to work from home, and also take care of children's homework that are 4/5 hours long... Day is too short.

Wife went out for shopping this morning she's still not back, it seems to be a mess as everyone is checked for temperature before entering. Still she's able to go outside and work, as she's a nurse and have some kind of derogation.

Compatriots aren't exactly exemplary during this time as Police has already given out close to 40K of fines for people braving out quarantine (which is kinda dumb... Shows how human being are stupid in general).

I hoped to work a bit in the garden this afternoon but weather is grey, so I might rather stay at home. Maybe tomorrow if it's better.

• Like 1

Long time lurker.  First time poster

I am currently posted in Romania with my family.  This is not official yet but this is what I think we are looking at in the coming days:

https://www.romania-insider.com/coronavirus-romania-isolation-movement-restrictions

A PDF document with this decision, which appears to be authored by the coordinator of this group, Dr. Raed Arafat, who is also the head of the Emergency Situations Department (DSU) in Romania, has circulated via WhatsApp and social media on Friday morning, March 20.

The authorities reacted to the leaked document saying that this is only a working document, and that, in case such a decision will be taken in the future, its provisions may be slightly changed. Moreover, if any movement restrictions are enforced, the authorities will take all necessary measures to support the population, Raed Arafat wrote in a Facebook post.The draft decision that has circulated on the internet stipulates that people are not allowed to leave their homes or residence, with only a few exceptions, namely those who absolutely have to go to work or have been delegated by their employers to go somewhere, those who need to go to medical consultations that can’t be postponed. Trips are also allowed for basic necessity shopping and for providing social assistance to elderly or vulnerable people.

People will also be allowed to leave their homes to do sports (alone) in the proximity of their homes or to walk their pets. Those who move outside their homes would have to fill in a statement beforehand, to be shown to the authorities.

Edited by JetsettingRedskin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Muenster/Cheddar is an ideal cheese mix for omelets.

I wonder if more people are now going to (re)discover spam. As a Filipino by marriage (..edit I know it doesnt work that way 😁) I learned its gloriousness 20 years ago.

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Muenster/Cheddar is an ideal cheese mix for omelets.

Muenster is a highly underrated cheese.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

TCM is one of my faves. Theres usually always something good on.

I took in that All the President’s Men/Butch Cassidy & Sundance double feature the other night. One of my favorite channels. They show no trash. The movie they are showing might not be your cup of tea, but it’s always top shelf stuff.

I asked my aunt if she wanted to watch Wicked Tuna. The look could kill.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, China said:

@SoCalSkins and @PleaseBlitz

The Best Alcohol Delivery Services to Stay Well-Stocked While Quarantining

Alcohol delivery has been disrupted. Or, rather, because of the disruptors in alcohol delivery, there has not been a disruption in our alcohol supplies. In a time when it's ill-advised to visit a crowded grocery or liquor store to stock up on beer, wine, or liquor, you can still ensure your bar cart never runneth dry. Below, our favorite places to order beer, wine, liquor, and even non-alcoholic spirits online. Just make sure you tip your delivery people extra in these harrowing times.

The Best Place to Buy Beer, Wine, and Spirits Online: Drizly

Click on the link for more

I have used delivery many times before this. The issue is they want you to hand them your id and they take a picture of it with their app and hand it back to you. They need to adjust that portion. If you are otherwise not in contact with anyone, even if it’s low risk to hand someone your id, to me it’s not worth all the other sacrifice you are making keeping distance just to break it here.

I also started drinking vodka and tequila as well. I have a decent  amount of vodka and tequila. Trying to ration my bourbon. I probably have 2 to 3 months worth of hard liquor before I have to open wine bottles or have a beer. So not end of the world.

Edited by SoCalSkins

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I wonder if more people are now going to (re)discover spam. As a Filipino by marriage (..edit I know it doesnt work that way 😁) I learned its gloriousness 20 years ago.

I ran around with a lovely young lady of Filipino/Hawaiian extraction for a couple years back in the day.  As such, I am quite familiar with Spam.

I feel like “gloriousness” is an overstatement.

• Haha 2