Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

As long as no money changed hands, can't they just redo the contract? Or find another competitor to quote you a price if something seems fishyย ?

ย 

Money did exchange hands. They have the 1st part of the contract and not indicating the price was 2k more which was not in the contract. ย the problem is this is the best company that does work and one of the best bids they have but now they don't want to fork over 2000 more.ย 

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Money did exchange hands. They have the 1st part of the contract and not indicating the price was 2k more which was not in the contract. ย the problem is this is the best company that does work and one of the best bids they have but now they don't want to fork over 2000 more.ย 

ย 

Damn. Might be time to get a hold of one of the company higher ups, or threaten legal action, maybe.

ย 

I know after that windstorm a couple years ago my bro's house had roof damage. Got someone to come out and agree to do the work, got paid for parts/labor, and "Never got around to it," until my brother (who is basically the brown version of "KenWins" ) threatened to get the bank to go after them.

29 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

So my parents signed a contract with a company to build a deck and patio, however after the contract was signed, they said the price is incorrect and not willing to do the work. ย Any recourse? They indicated the price for the deck was for some other measurements and not for the measurements as signed on the contract with my parents.ย 

ย 

ย 

16 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

ย 

Do your parents have the original signed contract quoting the original price?ย  Is there any language on the original contract that says something like the price estimate is based on x, y, z and will/can be updated based on final measurement/material cost?ย  ย 

ย 

We had our backyard re-landscaped a couple of years ago (put in a retainer wall and demolished the concrete patio and replaced with a stone paver one).ย  When the guy came out and took the measurements, he left a booklet of the pavers they use.ย  We didn't sign anything upfront, but when I asked him for an estimate on total cost, he was hesitant to give one because the final numbers weren't crunched.

ย 

If you have a copy of the original contract and it lists the price agreed upon, I guess you could try to take it to the higher ups like Sin suggested, or even pursue legal action.ย  But you would probably spend more time and waste money going that route than it would be worth.ย  If it were me, I'd just tell them to cancel the order and go separate ways, find another company to do the work.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

@Dont Taze Me Broย @Mr. Sinister

ย 

Problem is that no work has been performed and they are happy to give the money back. ย Apparently they talked to my dad and they said a contract is not valid until both sides have signed. ย My dad thought when the salesman was coming over for his signature, it meant the company had reviewed their estimate and given their "signature".ย 

ย 

The company really wants this job so my dad is thinking they will come back and honor the original agreement or make another revised estimateย 

Edited by skinfan2k
  • Like 3

โ€˜Spidertoadโ€™ insect leaves Brit revolted after she finds 'ugly' creature in her garden

ย 

Amanda Hicks encountered the mysterious creature outside her home in Queensland, Australia โ€“ but experts say it's actually not related to a spider or a toad.

ย 

1_PNLIVINGTANK01jpeg.jpg

ย 

Chris Burwell, senior entomology curator at Queensland Museum, said the creature was a type of weevil and could be considered the โ€œslow-moving tank of the insect worldโ€.

ย 

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

On the Science Channel right now... "Alien Mysteries "

ย 

@Renegade7 ๐Ÿ˜ข

ย 

Oh no, Billie Done Got Abducted by Aliens? FFS.

ย 

Btw, I finally cut cable and Philo is accepted by science channel website as a service provider same like Cox would be, like $20/m. Works just fine on my Android TV and website.

ย 

https://www.philo.com/player/mytv

ย 

Free yourself from this "on air now" nonsense, amigo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

ย 

Oh no, Billie Done Got Abducted by Aliens? FFS.

ย 

Btw, I finally cut cable and Philo is accepted by science channel website as a service provider same like Cox would be, like $20/m. Works just fine on my Android TV and website.

ย 

https://www.philo.com/player/mytv

ย 

Free yourself from this "on air now" nonsense, amigo.

ย 

Oh I've been on that train (Vizio/Pluto/Amazon Fire TV)ย  since December. My bro still has Comcast tho. I was trying to find something to watch while eating lunch (usually Science channel is my go-to), and that **** was on.

ย 

There are no words ๐Ÿ˜”

• Like 1

Just finished my third quarter of grad school.ย  It has been difficult, but I feel I am progressing well.ย  I often doubt my abilities and want to quit, something I am working on.ย  But I am determined to see it through.ย  I also have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that I should/want to be a journalist - even though that is not what I am studying at all.ย  I have always been indecisive so I don't want to allow that to affect my decision on whether to continue or not on my current path.ย  Anyway....just musing.ย  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, abdcskins said:

But I am determined to see it through.

๐ŸŽถ๐ŸฅYouโ€™re determines to see it through, AND I GOT TO SAY๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽถ

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿพ๐Ÿงœ๐ŸฟoooooOOOOOOoooooooWeeeeeee๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ”ฅ

๐Ÿ‡๐ŸคฟWhats up with that?ย WHATS UP WITH THAT๐Ÿ›ด

๐ŸšœoooooooooOOOOOOoooooooWeeeeee๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŽ

๐Ÿงฝ๐Ÿ—Whats up with that? WHATS UP WITH THAT๐Ÿ•น

๐Ÿ’ƒ ๐Ÿ’พ๐Ÿ“ž๐ŸŽก๐Ÿšฅ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿฆฏ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”

ย 

Ladies & gentlemen.... the incomparable

ย 

MALAPROPISMIC DEPOSITORY...

ย 

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I've always wondered if @d0ublestr0ker0ll had ventured into the Triple Stroke Roll

ย 

ย 

๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿพ๐Ÿงœ๐ŸฟoooooOOOOOOoooooooWeeeeeee๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ”ฅ

๐Ÿงฝ๐Ÿ—Whats uuuuuuuup? I said whatโ€™s uuuUUUUUuuuuuuup.....ย WITH THAT???๐Ÿ•น

ย 

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

ย 

ย 

ย 

Well.... we outta time

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Thought I heard gun-fire just now.ย  Then there was some crackling after a couple of the pops that sounded like fireworks.

ย 

it's probably early fireworks/fire crackersย for 4th of July

ย 

Gifs of various length, quality, and size of Jason Sudeikis ...

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

๐ŸŽถ๐ŸฅYouโ€™re determines to see it through, AND I GOT TO SAY๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽถ

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿพ๐Ÿงœ๐ŸฟoooooOOOOOOoooooooWeeeeeee๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ”ฅ

๐Ÿงฝ๐Ÿ—Whats up with that? WHATS UP WITH THAT๐Ÿ•น

๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’พ๐Ÿ“ž๐ŸŽก๐Ÿšฅ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿฆฏ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”

ย 

Ladies & gentlemen.... the incomparable

ย 

MALAPROPISMIC DEPOSITORY...

ย 

๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿพ๐Ÿงœ๐ŸฟoooooOOOOOOoooooooWeeeeeee๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ”ฅ

๐Ÿงฝ๐Ÿ—Whats uuuuuuuup? I said whatโ€™s uuuUUUUUuuuuuuup.....ย WITH THAT???๐Ÿ•น

ย 

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

ย 

ย 

ย 

Well.... we outta time

ย 

Damn, exactly how much crack did you smoke last night???

• Like 2
  • Haha 5