Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Right, and the challenge is to be able to play it cleanly.

Balanced arm tension is the key to a proper multi-stroke drum roll

While performing the stroke, you can't squeeze too hard on the wood, or else it will come out real messy.

I was just discussing Charlie (Anthrax) with a coworker, and how everything was in his wrists. His elbows almost never move. His cymbals were close. 

II had a fairly healthy relationship with my bro's ex wife. Usually because he can/could work long hours, I would always pick my nephew up from her house and drop him at school the next morning on the way to work. Got to talking a lot, these last 5 years.

Then it got a little too healthy and now it's slightly awkward.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Would you continue your relationship with your in-law if they divorced your wife’s sister/brother?

the answer to that question tells you what your actual relationship with that person is. 

Depends on why they divorced.  Did the in-law cheat on them?  If the answer to that question is "yes", then no, imo. 

My sister in-law dated this one guy (the guy prior to her husband) for a long time, like 5 or 6 years.  He was active in family get togethers, real fun to hang out with, drink some beers, was great with our daughter (who was little at that time).  He was welcomed into our families with open arms.

Then my sister in-law found out he was cheating on her, caught him out with another gal one night, broke it off with him and moved out of the house (was in his name).  I practically begged to go with her to get her **** out of his house, in hopes that **** would be there and say something trying to get her back.  I would have been like

Get These Hands GIFs | Tenor

Not to mention, continuing to hang out with them would not only make it awkward for your in-law, but your spouse as well and the rest of the immediate family.  Only situation I could think of, where it would be ok to carry on a friendship if it was due to cheating, would be if it was one of your best friends (friends before they dated/married - over like a long period of time).  Talking only met the guy after they started dating/got married, absolutely not.

Now if the divorce or breaking up was not related to cheating, abuse, child abuse, etc.  and just two people falling out of love and going their separate ways, situations like that, I see no issues with that.  

• Like 1

My bro cheated. He inherited our dads weakness for multiple women at a time. I know now, that my mistake was continuing the deep convos with her. I hardly ever shut up, and am pretty chatty.

That's always how it starts

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was just discussing Charlie (Anthrax) with a coworker, and how everything was in his wrists. His elbows almost never move. His cymbals were close. 

Have you ever seen Dave Grohl play ?

How about those elbows ? lol

Oops, we can't post videos in here, I remember. Can we post them as a link, rather than embedded ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

57 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Have you ever seen Dave Grohl play ?

How about those elbows ? lol

Oops, we can't post videos in here, I remember. Can we post them as a link, rather than embedded ?

You can use the Friday YouTube thread anytime...it's name is deceiving. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Who did something crazy this time? :)

Yo, straight up my dad called me and asked me "what did you do".  

1137637421_source(9).gif.de1adcfe4efe1fb3e5f4374d7236612f.gif

Told him for a while the main es.redskins.com was still working, just the URL for the individual forums was down, then primary went down, likely maintenance or technical issue when that happens.

Though I still concur with @TryTheBeal!, no further comment on that, though.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, clietas said:

There's a Volvo one that I pass by daily on my way downtown. Looks like this one.

VOLVO TRUCK

At a mechanics so I've been tempted to stop n see if they'll sell it. With the rona I ain't risking it now.

The nice thing about those is that the engine compartment is large enough that you can swap out that 4 cylinder for a 350 V8.  

Edited by China
  • Haha 1

I've been addicted to meticulously studying Tarantino flicks lately. I watch scenes over and over in order to find all the nuances. 

Reservoir Dogs is so damn good. When I was younger I really liked it, but now I really love it.

When Chris Penn walks in the warehouse at the end and finds Michael Madsen dead on the floor then gives his speech and all hell breaks loose...

Sorry Sean, but your bro has the best scene of the fam.

• Like 1