Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now I feel bad. Last time we had mice, I trapped it, watched it piss itself, then killed it with a hammer and threw it in the garbage

With a hammer??

First time my brother-in-law trapped a possum (who was attacking his chickens) he stuck the barrell of a 22 into the trap, put it against it's head and pulled the trigger. Nada. thing was just squirming in pain. Even after a couple of tries, it was just ineffective. Didnt learn until a few more chances (on other vermin) that body shot is the way to go.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know if I've got a bigger pet peeve than when you text someone and you're like "Hey, let me know when you have a couple minutes to talk"

And they text back "I can chat now."

So you call a minute or two later and...they don't pick up.  

I can't stand it when I get a text asking me a question and I respond almost immediately asking for additional details and get no reply back for like an hour.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

There should be a trap, that has a launcher. I picture it as a short poster tube with some kind of air-activated launcher. If it survives the flight, then it's earned the right to live.

If I could get a good suction thingy, I'd suck them up and let them out once I'm outside. Would probably give them a mouse concussion though

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Sounds like my neighbors found more fireworks.

Wtf is going on with this? We have them out here for almost 3 weeks now. Every night from dark to 3am...assholes continually setting them off.

Starting to think its some coordinated effort to drive us all nuts..

• Haha 2

Sounds like a good psychological horror thriller too.

The creepy family across the way, steadfast in their resolve to drive a man mad with. Yet when the last speck of blood splatters off the off white, mundane wall of unit 302, and the last shrieking voice is silenced, the man discovers that there was no noise but that from within... Omnipresent,  sadistic, and now fully sated, impressed with the man's handywork

"Well done"

Was watching Animal Fight Night the other day on Nat Geo Wild, and they got a part were two Meerkat groups we're about to throw down...one being dubbed "The East Side Gang".

I swear I was ready for them to come up representing they sect snapping fingers like West Side Story when they said that.

Then **** got real when two giraffes were going at it and one of them straight cold-****ed the other one.  He stood over his lifeless body laying on the ground for a good 5 minutes to make sure nobody ate him. 

When homie came to, could hear the other one saying "it's all good man, but you gotta admit, you came at me straight incorrect, bruh. Straight incorrect."

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 3

On 6/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I've always wondered if @d0ublestr0ker0ll had ventured into the Triple Stroke Roll

Of course. Once you get the rebound of a fast DSR down, you can make them triples, quadruples, Etc.

It's the easiest cheat in drumming. One strike and you get two hits, three hits, Ect.

Takes some time to practice, but once you get it down - it becomes an incredibly valuable weapon.

To be honest, the people who make most of their bread off of single stroke rolls are straight badasses. Carter Beauford from Dave Matthews Band comes to mind. Same with Neil Peart from Rush.

They will both bust out doubles and higher here and there, but not much.  Usually they are just smacking the crap out of the drums with one rebound each hit.

That said, rebound strikes add so much to the feel of a song. My favorite example is The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin. The way he very subtly puts the doubles triples and quadruples lightly on the snare drum during the versus and instrumental is what inspired me to learn the double stroke roll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Of course. Once you get the rebound of a fast DSR down, you can make them triples, quadruples, Etc.

It's the easiest cheat in drumming. One strike and you get two hits, three hits, Ect.

Takes some time to practice, but once you get it down - it becomes an incredibly valuable weapon.

Right, and the challenge is to be able to play it cleanly.

Balanced arm tension is the key to a proper multi-stroke drum roll

While performing the stroke, you can't squeeze too hard on the wood, or else it will come out real messy.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

On 1/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, Springfield said:

Hey guys, your ol’ pal springy here.  Don’t **** this up.

Are you still around ? Havn't seen you.

Or maybe I'm the one who hasn't been around, wherever you've been around.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:12 PM, twa said:

And the Daily Babe thread ......things were calmer then.

same question to you

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

Would you continue your relationship with your in-law if they divorced your wife’s sister/brother?

the answer to that question tells you what your actual relationship with that person is. 

I have friends that aren't friends with each other, but if one hurt the other thats a different conversation. Not enough info on your situation, I have two cousins that are divorced and still amicable with their ex's because of the kids. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I have friends that aren't friends with each other, but if one hurt the other thats a different conversation. Not enough info on your situation, I have two cousins that are divorced and still amicable with their ex's because of the kids. 

oh I don’t have a situation it was just a random thought :)

• Like 1