Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Going to Chicago in a few days. Best pizza places? And all around food(specifically asian if you know any)

These guys are a little off the beaten path, but they do a terrific “Roman Style” oblong kinda deal.  And they’re across the street from a Portillo’s and a very solid dispensary.

https://www.barcargo.com/

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Going to Chicago in a few days. Best pizza places? And all around food(specifically asian if you know any)

I’ve enjoyed just about anything in Chicago. So many good places you randomly walk into and get great food. 

Little Italy and Greek town have tons of great spots. 

stay away from like the magnificent mile and other tourist trap areas. Plenty of those are good but they’re all so expensive compared to what you can find elsewhere (and it’s just as good if not better)

1 hour ago, China said:

What ever happened to Word's Fairs?  Seems like they used to be a big deal back in the day, but you don't hear about them anymore.

They're still around. Tho the most recent one in Argentina was canceled. Financial reasons from covid n whatnot. Gonna have to wait until 2025 Japan.

I lived in Knoxville in 82 n went. Can't say I remember much about it since I was only three. You're right they usta be a pretty big deal and now not so much unless it's being held in your city. 

good read 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/05/02/stephen-a-smith-politics-podcast/

It helped him understand that he could show more of himself on the air, part of a journey that has led to the SpongeBob bit, or talking shop about Latinas. “When he waxes poetic about relationships, sex or things you never imagined that Stephen A. had opinions on, it amuses me immensely,” said Jemele Hill, a writer for The Atlantic and Smith’s former ESPN colleague. “And I’m here for the after-dark content. I think it makes him seem more real to people.”

Conveniently, Smith realized, it’s also a good way to go viral. Whatever his exact ambitions, the metrics seem most important to him, in part because they give him control of his career. But it also makes the size of the audience the goal unto itself.

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My goodness I've accumulated way too much bull****. Ima show up at some pawn shop soon looking like i robbed an old 90s circuit city. 🤣

image.png.d1094b0f72f6a2a8f62b96d47ffd1b51.png

Can testify.  mountains of stuff.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It is 4:41 am....been up since 10 am.  Taking prednisone to try to help my tinnitus, so far no help.  But damn this stuff keeps me awake!

Probably the last time I will ever take this medication, mostly because I read it has negative side effects to your immune system.

On 5/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, Warhead36 said:

Only been there once, but I went to Lou Malnati's.  It was 9/10.  We also went to a steakhouse called Smith & Wollensky that was superb.  Pricey, but superb.  Downtown right near the river.  It's a chain, but I believe that is the original restaurant.

Just bought tickets to the Chaos & Carnage Tour. It's the first time in about 15 years I've traveled further than 1.5 hours for a concert. It's a 3 hour drive. Couldn't pass up seeing 7 bands including some of my favorites in Cattle Decapitation, RIvers of Nihil and Vitriol. So jacked to be going.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

The Crew im working with today just called it a day at lunch because they don't feel like working anymore. 

My kinda crew.

😁

Spent a little too much time at El Machos? Once you have one margarita it can be hard to stop…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Today, one of my Spanish-speaking students tucked his arms inside of his shirt so only his hands were popping out of the sleeves and then laid on his back on the floor and voluntarily convulsed for 30 seconds. So I walked up to him and said, “Te ves como una tortuga que está muriendo”

That made me feel really good because a year ago, if I would’ve told you that I was learning Spanish and you would’ve asked, “how do you say, ‘you look like a dying tortoise?’”, I would’ve said I’m not that good yet.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Be surprised if I wasn't at one of those games.  Ol man never took me to a skins game but we went to Caps and Bullets games all the time.  😞 

Was he boycotting Snyder before it was cool?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Was he boycotting Snyder before it was cool?

Those tickets in wig's post are from 78. 

Pop was just a cheap ****.  At least so far as going to live sporting events went.  We moved away from DC long before Snyder.  

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Those tickets in wig's post are from 78. 

Pop was just a cheap ****.  At least so far as going to live sporting events went.  We moved away from DC long before Snyder.  

I’m not… that old.

• Haha 2