Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I had 3 drinks with dinner, fell asleep at 10:30ish and slept all the way through to 5:45 or so.  Which at my age, is nothing short of a small miracle.

Maybe I should buy a scratcher today?

Yea my plan is to have 6 or 7 beers at the ballpark this afternoon and hopefully sleep on the Uber ride home. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

My neighborhood is so noisy with stupid loud cars, there's no sleeping anymore, especially on Friday and Saturday nights.  I was awakened at 2:30, then 3:30...and by the time I was starting to get back to sleep, it was time to get up because I have to work today. 

Would new insulated windows help?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea my plan is to have 6 or 7 beers at the ballpark this afternoon and hopefully sleep on the Uber ride home. 

Throw a couple chili-cheese dawgs on top of that for maximum sleepy dad energy.

*farts*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Everybody talking about sleep. I'd give it a try myself but got my parents driving down here to visit from Virginia. ETA, any time now.

Fun fun fun.... 3 days of old people in my house acting like I'm going to die before they are. :rofl89:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

House n property were solid. Nice view of a tiny lil pond. Carport had this derogatory sign on it. 🤭🖕

20240420_144744(1).thumb.jpg.83459a10387c5db6542cac2f28d10786.jpg

A family of Cowboys fans showed up to look at the house as I was leaving. 🤣

Rooms were sooper small. Theys asking way to much for it. The search continues. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

this line for Hawaiian bbq in Annandale is mad long 

Yeah, I told my Hawaiian friend about that place, and he went there on a Monday and it was the same.  He just left and said he'd try it again another time after the newness had worn off and the lines had died down.

• Thumb up 2

On 4/20/2024 at 12:27 PM, PokerPacker said:

Would new insulated windows help?

No.  Nothing will help except moving. 

And I'm damn sure not putting new windows in a house I hate & that I want to get rid of more than I want sleep.  I just can't handle everything anymore. 

Always said I'd never live here (70s split level with stairs and it's on the corner of the main drag), yet here I am alone with insomnia.  :huh: 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, China said:

Yeah, I told my Hawaiian friend about that place, and he went there on a Monday and it was the same.  He just left and said he'd try it again another time after the newness had worn off and the lines had died down.

I ended up bailing and going to the taco joint nearby in the shopping center. I will be back in a few weeks for sure

• Thumb up 1

My parents sleep hours are even worse than mine. They are visiting now. They go to bed between 8-10 and usually wake up between 2-4.

I don't even try to go to bed until 2. At least I don't wake up in the middle of the night like they do.

• Sad 1