Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

20 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Advice needed for a twitter argument I’m having. What sounds more correct: saying “all of 2017”, or “the whole of 2017”? 

this person on twitter said “the whole of 2017” and I’m trying to debate with someone else that that’s not the correct way of phrasing it. My argument is that saying “the whole of 2017” makes a person sound uneducated. 

You argue about ****ing dumb **** like this with others on twitter?  

Jason Mantzoukas Come On Man GIF by LoveIndieFilms - Find & Share ...

Correct answer is "All of 2017".  You can send me $20 via PayPal, I'll PM you my email address on my account.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn nerds

Revenge Of The Nerds Ogre GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Gaaahh. I cant with fools on twitter. heres today’s argument. 

some Hockey reporter tweeted that players who opt out of summer training camp and playoffs can do so without penalty. Some idiot chimes in with “without penalty?! Right”.

So, when i tried to tell him what the league means by “without penalty” (meaning no fine, no suspension), he starts talking about how there’s no such thing as without penalty, and he said “you opt out of playing, and training camp comes for next season. You’re a fringe player competing for a roster spot against another guy that didn’t opt out.  Who gets the roster spot”. 

ok....but that’s not what “without penalty” means.....i don’t know how people can be that dense. 

• Sad 1

Maybe you should stay away from twitter for a while.  There's enough stupidity an crap going on in the world without subjecting yourself to increased stress over stupid crap.  Social media is a menace.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I hate it when the massage therapists at Golden Lotus ask if I want the full half hour? No. I want the partial half hour. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not gonna lie, that was the first thing I thought of :ols:

Me too, and who the **** can relax enough for a 15 minute massage? Just stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't like this Stadium invasion. Not one bit. They come into our house, drink our coffee and piss on the toilet seat...

Some folks I've been hoping would finally show up, some folks shot themselves in the face, world keeps spinning...

I look forward to a different future.  I keep trying to convince myself I don't know what will happen with this franchise and fanbase, just be here long as I can while it does when it does, see what happens.

Hope we look back on this one day and say this was that moment we actually did hit bottom and didn't need to sink any further. 

Edited by Renegade7

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Some folks I've been hoping would finally show up, some folks shot themselves in the face, world keeps spinning...

I look forward to a different future.  I keep trying to convince myself I don't know what will happen with this franchise and fanbase, just be here long as I can while it does when it does, see what happens.

Hope we look back on this one day and say this was that moment we actually did hit bottom and didn't need to sink any further. 

Meh, we're like the Bubonic Plague. Worlds done a number on us, but we ain't dead yet :)

• Thanks 1

My daughter's best friend's dad passed away suddenly yesterday. Mom thinks it was an aneurysm—"I was talking to him one minute and the next, he wasn't there." Heartbreaking. Leaves behind a 10YO daughter and twin boys age 5. Mom works 60 hours a week as a physical therapist—not sure how she'll manage. Haven't told my daughter yet.

I feel silly for getting into arguments with my wife. Life could change in a flash.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

My daughter's best friend's dad passed away suddenly yesterday. Mom thinks it was an aneurysm—"I was talking to him one minute and the next, he wasn't there." Heartbreaking. Leaves behind a 10YO daughter and twin boys age 5. Mom works 60 hours a week as a physical therapist—not sure how she'll manage. Haven't told my daughter yet.

I feel silly for getting into arguments with my wife. Life could change in a flash.

So sorry to hear about this, makes me look at the big picture that's for sure and if silly arguments on a football message board are really worth it.

Thanks for sharing :(

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I've been wearing the disposable masks but thinking of investing in some cool stylish reusable/washable cloth ones since this crap isn't gonna go away anytime soon. Any recommendations?

Even tho I have N95 n surgical masks I have mainly just use neck gaiters. Easy enough to wash n reuse.

That's a good collectors item right there. I've been thinking about leaving some sort of documentation behind to mark this moment in history,  so when our future mutated fish ancestors discover this area deep under the ocean, they'll know I was here.

Pretty awesome, picturing them in some underwater lab, deciphering my historical text... "2020 Sucks Massive Balls" 

• Haha 3