Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 7/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, Warhead36 said:

Fiancee and I have been trying different recipes from different countries. Made Indian food today: butter chicken. Its great.

if you do Indian food again, try these somosas. They are killer. They take some time, but worth it, especially if you make your own dough. Also, this whole site has killer Indian recipes.

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/samosa-recipe-make-samosa/

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

if you do Indian food again, try these somosas. They are killer. They take some time, but worth it, especially if you make your own dough. Also, this whole site has killer Indian recipes.

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/samosa-recipe-make-samosa/

Interesting.  Reading the recipe I was like "pressure cook them for 1 whistle"?  WTF is 1 whistle, is that a unit of time?  I'll just boil the potatoes normally.

And then I had to look up hing.  Never heard of it.  Definitely not a common ingredient available in non-Indian households (or likely grocery stores for that matter).  And I also don't generally keep amchur on hand.

There seem to be various modifications and substitutions you can make, so it's a good place to start.  You can pretty much fill them with whatever you want.

Saltenas  are similar.

Edited by China
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Interesting.  Reading the recipe I was like "pressure cook them for 1 whistle"?  WTF is 1 whistle, is that a unit of time?  I'll just boil the potatoes normally.

And then I had to look up hing.  Never heard of it.  Definitely not a common ingredient available in non-Indian households (or likely grocery stores for that matter).  And I also don't generally keep amchur on hand.

There seem to be various modifications and substitutions you can make, so it's a good place to start.  You can pretty much fill them with whatever you want.

Saltenas  are similar.

yeah, I just boil them til slightly soft and crumble them. Didn’t use Hing, although we normally have it. I did not have the ajwain either, so that was also skipped. I used the lemon juice for the amchur. We love Indian food, so we have a lot of the spices. But, yeah, generally the spices are found in ethnic food stores. Maybe amazon? I’m not sure. 

I think garam masala is one the spices that isn’t readily available everywhere that you can’t leave out. Also, I’ve never tried them baked. Only fried in a pot. It would be much easier to bake them. Maybe next time. But you put in so much work, in the end you just want them to come out great.

thanks for the saltenas, I need a beef one. I’ll try next time my wife doesn’t want somosas. She’s a vegetarian. 

17 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Dad got put on the ventilator today. I’m hoping he gets better. He has been dealing with depression because his sister passed away recently. We can’t visit but we can FaceTime him. I think him seeing us makes him sadder. 

Sorry to hear that man.  Prayers for your dad, you and your family.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

@Riggo-toni...hold that first one with Layla, unless you plan to keep it. 

I'm quite interested. 😁 

I'm not a fan of Coke or Mustangs. Dogs, however, go great with a girl & her ride. 👍

I am planning on having it professionally scanned and selling giclee prints of it. Even my wife likes that one.😁

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it. You have my sympathies.

I loved my Dad dearly and he passed away last October. My biggest comfort was that he was 93 and still of sound mind at the end. I saw my wife's grandparents go through Alzheimer's and dementia and that was a terrible experience for everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

My dad might not make it through the night. I know he knew I loved him. And I know he loved me but that doesn’t help me right now. Nothing does. 

I'm leaving you my phone number in our PM. Sorry, the time difference sucks, but I'll drop whatever I'm doing to answer. Ringer is on high. 

Whatever you need, I got you. 💕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of our friends is still having their wedding in a couple of weeks.  Many people are backing out of the wedding.  They are implementing a wrist band system to show your comfortablity at the wedding but i still dont' comfortable being around 100-120 people that i dont know where they have been. My biggest gripe is that the couple is not asking for refunds and they are assuming they won't get any after they rescheduled it from april to now. 

56 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I won't even hand bags of food to guests I don't personally know, much less attend a wedding. 

Any chance you can talk them into a court thing now & a ceremony later? 

They did a court wedding on their original wedding date.  This is basically for show now 😕

17 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

They did a court wedding on their original wedding date.  This is basically for show now 😕

I've been a wedding director. Imho, the show can wait. (And speaking of weddings...Save the money. It's a waste. Have a great honeymoon instead. 😉)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tshile said:

For our anniversary my wife picked:

golfing

brewery hopping

dropping kids off at family for the night

and then having a long night enjoying things I’m not posting on the internet

my wife is awesome 

Indeed she is. (I'm qualified to evaluate such things.) 

• Haha 1

My brother’s former shadyass former landlord is trying to steal his $5k+ security deposit. Tomorrow he’ll find out that he ****ed with the brother of exactly the wrong person. Gonna club this guy like a baby seal. 

Edit:  this is all in the context of legal proceedings, not like mafia **** lol.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

My dad might not make it through the night. I know he knew I loved him. And I know he loved me but that doesn’t help me right now. Nothing does. 

hey amigo, i'm just reading this now...i don't drive by here much lately, no particular reason for that...and i pretty much just echo what's been said on this sad news....obviously a lot of people here care about you and what you're going through....and we will be here, hoping to see you post as you can and wanting you to keep connected

• Thanks 5