Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

So my fiancee put in her four weeks notice and quit her job today. I'm proud of her, she was working way too much and her boss just was not appreciative enough. She works in real estate and has her license, so I'm imploring her to open up her own shop, but she wants to take some time off to catch up on herself.

• Like 3

Visiting the inlaws to get the new kiddo baptized tomorrow. I am (decidedly) not Catholic, but Mrs. Blitz is so it must be done. Mostly I’m salty about having to break my rule about never going to a church unless there is an open bar afterwards (I asked and there isn’t). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Visiting the inlaws to get the new kiddo baptized tomorrow. I am (decidedly) not Catholic, but Mrs. Blitz is so it must be done. Mostly I’m salty about having to break my rule about never going to a church unless there is an open bar afterwards (I asked and there isn’t). 

Church feels like one of the slam dunk places where you'll find a shelf of top grade memory wipe.

Just probably have to give a wink and a nod for Father to give you some of the good stuff.

• Haha 1

Mom and dad moved back to Maryland today.

A lot of anxiety with them being far away, but also relief.  A cold-blooded feeling of their insane drama being out-of-sight/out-of-mind.  It's mom and dad tho.  He ain't lasting much longer.  He's my best friend ever.  Mom is Satan.  But I love her.  Oh well.  Life goes on.  You either use this kind of sh** to create toughness and intelligence or you let it eat you alive.  I shed a couple tears with Satan and bolted.  Dad and I went with a hug, high five, handshake and a nod.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I feel you.  My wife (and therefore kids) have been raised Catholic.  I'm agnostic.  But at least they go (or used to before the pandemic) to the most liberal Catholic church around (OLQOP) as opposed to the conservative craphole nearer to home.

• Like 1

Strange. On one hand, it would be incredibly awkward to marry someone who is religious (I was raised Catholic by murderous tyranny, but ultimately went my own way) and let her go along, and take eventual kids with her, but on the other hand, I could never let religion stand in the way of who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I made guacamole about 5 hours ago.  Used a serrano chili to give it some heat.  Made a point of washing my hands afterwards, learning from past mistakes.

And yet I scratched my balls just now and they are now set ablaze in a most uncomfortable fashion.  What is your secret you demon fruit?  Why do you not wash off my hands with water,  but wash off onto my scrotum hours later no problem.

16 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I made guacamole about 5 hours ago.  Used a serrano chili to give it some heat.  Made a point of washing my hands afterwards, learning from past mistakes.

And yet I scratched my balls just now and they are now set ablaze in a most uncomfortable fashion.  What is your secret you demon fruit?  Why do you not wash off my hands with water,  but wash off onto my scrotum hours later no problem.

Saliva helps. Lick your balls instead.

Edited by zskins
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Strange. On one hand, it would be incredibly awkward to marry someone who is religious (I was raised Catholic by murderous tyranny, but ultimately went my own way) and let her go along, and take eventual kids with her, but on the other hand, I could never let religion stand in the way of who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Boom, answered your own question : )

Wife gave up saving her hair from heat damage and my sister cut it off shorter then mine was a week ago. Told me she was worried about looking pretty for me, told her that's not why I love her and if she had cancer she'd might lose it all anyway, in sickness and in health, babe. 

When we met she went to church every Sunday and I didn't at all.  Told her I wouldn't make promises I can't keep, which was better then some of the dudes hitting on her in church.

Our species is a mess that makes the most of it in some of the most beautiful ways possible.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

does anyone here have a copy of their rental agreement? My dad is becoming a rental landlord.  What are some things you would like to see from a landlord ?

The last one I had was fabulous. Repairs (kitchen faucet blew off 😆 & a brand new A/C unit) were handled within just a few hours. 🏆

32 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

does anyone here have a copy of their rental agreement? My dad is becoming a rental landlord.  What are some things you would like to see from a landlord ?

you should make the tenet get rental insurance, putting you father (or the LLC for the rental property) as an interested party, have them give you confirmation numbers that utilities were turn on prior to move in, then upon move out make sure you put in your lease that they are responsible for end-of-lease maintenance (getting carpets  professionally cleaned, Having dryer vents cleaned, ect), something about having the grounds kept up, ect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I am currently in the process of taking my brother’s former landlord to court.  Tell your dad to read his state’s Landlord Tenant statute and follow it. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am currently in the process of taking my brother’s former landlord to court.  Tell your dad to read his state’s Landlord Tenant statute and follow it. 

good thing is my best friends are taking the rental and they are not strangers.  But thanks for the heads-up.