Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

54 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Yeah and it goes all the way back to the first one.  Stupid game was impossible. Terminator 2 the arcade game had the best looking arcade stand, but it was terrible.

Keep the faith. Eventually, both Predator and Terminator will receive the 2D/3D love that they have been so unjustly denied all these years

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Is TiVo still a thing? 

Doubt it, most cable companies have that feature built in these days.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Keep the faith. Eventually, both Predator and Terminator will receive the 2D/3D love that they have been so unjustly denied all these years

Whats sad is the game engine for a badass Predator game has existed for awhile now. FarCry + Predator license is basically the starting point for development. 

I seem to remember a Predator game were ya just went around decapitating Jamaicans. Oh the humanity.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Ok, another question...any possibility of keeping what's on my Dish hopper if I abandon that ****in mad disaster??

Hmm, not sure. I've heard of people transferring stuff to a flash drive-computer, then burning it to a DVR. Not sure if Dish does that though.

Here's a link I found. 

https://itstillworks.com/transfer-video-dish-dvr-external-hard-drive-14289.html

6 minutes ago, clietas said:

Whats sad is the game engine for a badass Predator game has existed for awhile now. FarCry + Predator license is basically the starting point for development. 

I seem to remember a Predator game were ya just went around decapitating Jamaicans. Oh the humanity.

There's so much potential out there, man. Damn shame so few are willing to make that leap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hope they do it right. Worst case scenario is something like Jumanji, where it sucks so bad that its sneaky good, then spawns a sequel 😔

I can't see how it'd be good.  It was a show for its time and place.  Bunch of guys sitting around doing blow and coming up with crazy ideas for a new tv show for the 80s.  And someone blurts out A CAR THAT TALKS AND CAN THINK FOR ITSELF AND IT SAVES THE DAY IN EVERY EPISODE.  

That doesn't really doesn't translate to the 2020s but in the early 80s it made perfect sense.

That said, I'm checking it out.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't see how it'd be good.  It was a show for its time and place.  Bunch of guys sitting around doing blow and coming up with crazy ideas for a new tv show for the 80s.  And someone blurts out A CAR THAT TALKS AND CAN THINK FOR ITSELF AND IT SAVES THE DAY IN EVERY EPISODE.  

That doesn't really doesn't translate to the 2020s but in the early 80s it made perfect sense.

It can be good if they want it to be. Unfortunately,  part of the allure of reboots is the fact that due to name recognition,  you dont have to put in the same amount of effort/ingenuity to get people in the theatres 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It can be good if they want it to be. Unfortunately,  part of the allure of reboots is the fact that due to name recognition,  you dont have to put in the same amount of effort/ingenuity to get people in the theatres 

Agreed.  I remember the Miami Vice rabbit hole we went down a few years ago.

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just cast Kevin Hart as Michael Long, have him get shot, then cast the Rock as Michael Knight. Make Jason Statham the bad guy, have him say wanker 100 times and boom, $500 mil movie gross. 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I generally can't stand reboots.  I feel like they are a by product of people not having any good ideas, so they just recycle some familiar ****.  Once the novelty wears off, you are left with a pile of **** involving no good ideas. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just cast Kevin Hart as Michael Long, have him get shot, then cast the Rock as Michael Knight. Make Jason Statham the bad guy, have him say wanker 100 times and boom, $500 mil movie gross. 😁

Oh god, I just saw in my news feed that Rock is trying to get Kevin Hart in the Black Adam movie.

Make it stop.

Taking a day off to enjoy yourself is so underappreciated

10 year anniversary today. Played 9 holes of golf. got an awesome lunch at a family owned Italian shop in town. Went to a winery. Got a bottle of basil hadens 10 year rye. Swimming in a pool. 

Gotta work tomorrow cause the backlog is unreal but **** it it’s nice to have a day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Taking a day off to enjoy yourself is so underappreciated

10 year anniversary today. Played 9 holes of golf. got an awesome lunch at a family owned Italian shop in town. Went to a winery. Got a bottle of basil hadens 10 year rye. Swimming in a pool. 

Gotta work tomorrow cause the backlog is unreal but **** it it’s nice to have a day. 

But did you take the wife? 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius