Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

You're in a wedding.  Something... happened.  You need emergency socks.

No way..nope..only if there Redskins socks..I'd straight up put on a pair of redskins socks if they were on a homeless person...but other than that I'll go sock less

Yukk why would he put hand sanitizer in a sock?

Edited by bakedtater1

14 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

The last song I ever thought would be stuck in my head is there, Jonas Brothers...but that was one of the coolest lines:

"Kiss me like your ex is in the room" 😜

That may be too tempting, if your ex (or double ex in my case, however that **** goes) could throw like a mermaid

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I swear I remember this exact commercial lol. I wouldve been around 4 years old

they'd play versions of that commercial for years and years and years - i can remember making jokes about it on the playground in 98. I remember it too because it was the first time I had heard that song and associated it with Chevy's

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

they'd play versions of that commercial for years and years and years - i can remember making jokes about it on the playground in 98. I remember it too because it was the first time I had heard that song and associated it with Chevy's

Damn you're right. Just like those "Duh dum duh- Have you had your break todaaaay"  McDonald's commercials. 

Even though they were still corporately trying to shove their junk down your throat, those commercials had a bit more character imo. Or that could be the geeky nostalgia talking

We don't get enough commercials these days of trucks bouncing on country rocks and that makes me sad.

On another note, I hope this is not in violation of the no religion rule. My guy right here is practicing that wax game in church, big props to him!

Holy ****, Snuff McGruff was a certified G :ols:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/8/mcgruff-crime-dog-actor-sentenced-16-years-prison/

McGruff the Crime Dog has fallen on hard times. Actor John Morales, who dressed as the famous bloodhound known for taking a “bite out of crime,” has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.

The sentencing on Monday followed a guilty plea, three years after police seized 1,000 marijuana plants, 27 weapons — including a grenade launcher, and 9,000 rounds of ammunition — from Mr. Morales’ home, CBS reported.

More at the link

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We are considering going out tonight. I guess I'll think about it for a few hours. We've basically been prisoners in our own home for months. 

The monotony of this is just as bad as waiting to die. 

We'll probably just have a comfortable dinner with a few of our friends, catch up and go home. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 4:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn you're right. Just like those "Duh dum duh- Have you had your break todaaaay"  McDonald's commercials. 

Barry Manilow wrote that jingle. 💜

Anyone remember that Michael Bolton sang damn near every jingle for everyone in the 80s? That got weird. (What's even more weird is that his studio lead guitarist was Bruce Kulick of KISS.)

I'm full of useless knowledge. :ols:

19 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Barry Manilow wrote that jingle. 💜

Anyone remember that Michael Bolton sang damn near every jingle for everyone in the 80s? That got weird. (What's even more weird is that his studio lead guitarist was Bruce Kulick of KISS.)

I'm full of useless knowledge. :ols:

I was born in the late 80's, but of course, 80's stuff was still on television and airwaves. Michael Bolton and Phil Collins seemed to be everywhere.

• Like 1

I just do not get Amazon's product search engine.  

My patient needs suction catheters.  He uses two kinds.  One kind attaches to a ventilator, and has a suction catheter sealed inside a plastic baggie.  Keeps the catheter clean, and can be used without removing him from the ventilator.  But, he's not on the ventilator all the time.  If he needs suction when he's not on the ventilator, then we use just plain old, not sealed in a baggie, catheters.  

Our supplier has told us that they won't be sending the stand alone catheters any more, because his insurance company has decided that they will not pay for two different kinds of catheters, only one or the other.  

So I resorted to my usual response when there's this kind of problem - go to Amazon and see if I can just pay for what the patient needs, myself.  I'm already buying gloves for the staff.  I've bought medication for him (for example, when the insurance pays for generic, but he needs the name brand).  

Go to Amazon, and search for "sterile suction catheter".  

I get 7 pages of results.  Probably 75% of the results are syringes.  (Although most of them have "catheter tip".)  

I'm going through the results, looking for what I need.  

Page 5 of the results contains three dildos.  

Seriously?  OK, they have a suction cup on the base.  But I guarantee you they are neither sterile nor contain a catheter.  

• Sad 2