Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

1)  Because people who tell him things he doesn't want to hear, last about as long as Darth Vader's subordinates?  

2)  (My money's on this one)  They tell him, but Trump has the power "Jedi Mind Trick - Usable on self only."  

Edited by Larry

4 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Today Governor Evers issued an executive order postponing our tomorrows voting until June. The WI Supreme Court just blocked that EO. I believe we are the only state still voting tomorrow, unless I misunderstood the news. 

Ads need to be running tomorrow in that State about the GOP endangering lives. **** all of them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

But I am confused.  Confused as to why you're building a fortress on this hill that's slowly sinking into the ground.

just to save folks wasting any more posts on this

he won't be able to answer cuz  he responded to an emoji that bothered him by making disrespectful accusations about another member's unposted thinking, and then after presenting it as fact, he decided that  he should moderate the other member on how they should behave

all  rather than just keep the post topical

so he ends up on the wrong side of rule 5 after all, right after the earlier exchange/warning on the same thing, which with previous violations ends up being a week off automatically

the original matter may be ready to be put to pasture, or will be a week from now, i dunno 

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Ads need to be running tomorrow in that State about the GOP endangering lives. **** all of them. 

Milwaukee has serious understaffing at polling places, for obvious reasons. By me, they are doing drive up voting...I guess I should get on board with the absentee ballot going forward. I’ve been avoiding that method.

I wonder if this should go in the gun control thread:

Illinois man who suspected girlfriend had COVID-19 fatally shoots her and himself

An Illinois man who suspected that his girlfriend had contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, shot and killed her and then himself, authorities said.

Both tested negative for the disease.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 6

41 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Today Governor Evers issued an executive order postponing our tomorrows voting until June. The WI Supreme Court just blocked that EO. I believe we are the only state still voting tomorrow, unless I misunderstood the news. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

Milwaukee has serious understaffing at polling places, for obvious reasons. By me, they are doing drive up voting...I guess I should get on board with the absentee ballot going forward. I’ve been avoiding that method.

Drive up voting? Could that work?

38 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Did the majority opinion release a statement on the decision to allow the WI vote tomorrow?

On a somewhat less angry note, I could imagine a ruling along the lines that no, the Governor does not have the authority to simply reschedule elections, one day before the election, by decree.  

Although I will also note that this same court has already flat out stated that the US Constitution does not give citizens the right to elections that are not stacked to favor one political Party.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Did the majority opinion release a statement on the decision to allow the WI vote tomorrow?

The SCOTUS ruling was regarding absentee ballots being counted if post marked after April 7, that’s the Ginsburg dissent.

The WI Supreme Court voted 6-2 along party lines to overturn the executive order.

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

On a somewhat less angry note, I could imagine a ruling along the lines that no, the Governor does not have the authority to simply reschedule elections, one day before the election, by decree.  

Changing the date has been the topic for the past two weeks, to know avail as the GOP controls the State Senate and Assembly. Changing the date by decree, which I’m sure Governor Evers knew would fail, but used it as a last ditch effort.

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Drive up voting? Could that work?

I will let you know tomorrow, though I may try going on my bicycle, to see if that works.

Edited by Yohan

China Thought It Had Beaten Coronavirus, But New And Asymptomatic Cases Are Cropping Up

Topline: Mainland China, where the coronavirus outbreak was first detected in late 2019, has seen a rise in new infections as well as confirmed cases among people showing no outward symptoms of COVID-19, figures from local health authorities show.

Some 39 new cases of coronavirus were recorded on Sunday, 38 of which were imported, and 1 transmitted locally in Guangdong province by somebody who travelled from Hubei province, where the outbreak was first detected.

The latest figures are up from 30 new cases the day before, and represent the biggest jump in new confirmed cases in mainland China this month.

China’s National Health Commission also reported a further 78 asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, around half of which were imported, authorities said, up from 47 the day before.

In a U-turn, the NHC began to include asymptomatic cases at the start of April after not doing so previously. The latest figures show the biggest jump in asymptomatic cases since April 1, when 130 cases were reported.

Click on the link for the full article