Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I think a lot of people aren't able to distinguish being ignorant on specific subjects with being "dumb" in general.  A lot of people on the TV, cable news in particularly are not what I could call dumb, but by the same token they are often speaking out of a position of ignorance because their area of expertise is simply not on the things they are being interviewed about.  The average viewer will see PHD or MD or whatever on the TV and then assume they know what they are talking about based on that alone. While these individuals might have a better general idea of some of the issues, make no mistake, most of them are not experts in the field.  We should be listening to the experts. 

The same goes with citizens in general, no one wants to think of themselves as "dumb"  but we also have to be willing to entertain the idea that we might know a little bit about a lot, but most of us don't know a lot about a lot of things.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I must have missed that story. 

The Connecticut Governor claimed that a 7 week old infant had died of the Coronavirus. A postmortem autopsy showed that she had the virus. However the coroner officially has stated the cause of death is being investigated. There have been reports that the baby died in an accident (I heard drowning - but from an iffy source).  From reactions that are happening the accidental death is probably true (maybe not drowning) and now there seems to be a reaction on the opposite extreme.

Edited by nonniey

34 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This is a good listen, Boselli is still in great shape and this virus almost took him out.  He believes these experimental drugs were the reason he started feeling better within 3 days.

Those were not experimental drugs - it was an experimental treatment. Doctors are allowed to use any approved drugs in treatments unless they specifically have been banned from doing so. Normally they are very hesitant to do this due to the Tort situation in this country.  If these malaria drugs do end up working we can thank the Koreans as it would have been highly unlikely that US doctors would have ever have taken the initial risk.  (Another reason for Tort reform).

Edited by nonniey

Carrollton Police Search for Woman Threatening, in Video, to Spread COVID-19

Carrollton police are looking for a woman they say claims to have COVID-19 and is "willfully spreading it."

Police will charge 18-year-old Lorraine Maradiaga with making a terroristic threat, according to a tweet from the department.

"We have no confirmation Maradiaga is actually a threat to public health," the tweet said. "We are, however, taking her social media actions very seriously."

The Snapchat video circulating on social media shows the woman going to what appears to be a drive-thru testing site.

In the video, a nurse is heard telling the person behind the steering wheel that they need to go home while they wait for results.

In a series of videos later, the woman, who police say is Maradiaga, shows herself shopping at what she claims to be Walmart.

"I'm here at Walmart about to infest every (expletive), because if I'm going down, all you (expletive) are going down," she says in the Snapchat video.

The video later shows the woman in her car, coughing into the camera.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe it has alternative data in it that shows a covid19 mortality rate of less than 1/2 the flu on 1/27.

Ebola is far worse than Covid19 using your reasoning.  At this point COVID 19 is worse than the flu due to the over all impact it has had. However, even today the flu has caused more sickness and deaths this season so far (that could very well change, heck is likely to change). 

I stand by the statement I made in January no alternative facts needed. 

Edited by nonniey
  • Confused 1

I can happily say I really really do not want Trump to die from covid-19.

Ive got a bottle of champagne ready for his demise, but as Aragorn said, it is not this day.

I need to see him voted out of office, knowing the country rejected him and he is the exact loser he’s always feared and knew he was deep down. I need that moment of catharsis. 

once that happens, toss him in an underground bunker with the replay of his election loss and Obama’s inauguration and WH correspondents roast of him playing on a loop 24/7. We can check on him in a couple years and find him down there completely outside of his mind like Delos with his face all cut up repeating “I’m all the way down now...” 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

once that happens, toss him in an underground bunker with the replay of his election loss and Obama’s inauguration and WH correspondents roast of him playing on a loop 24/7. We can check on him in a couple years and find him down there completely outside of his mind like Delos with his face all cut up repeating “I’m all the way down now...” 

Your video mix tape should include this one:  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Ebola is far worse than Covid19 using your reasoning.  At this point COVID 19 is worse than the flu due to the over all impact it has had. However, even today it is still not worse than the flu in the number of sick and dead it has caused -  yet . 

@visionary what part are you confused about? I'll explain further.

Edited by nonniey

27 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Ebola is far worse than Covid19 using your reasoning.  At this point COVID 19 is worse than the flu due to the over all impact it has had. However, even today the flu has caused more sickness and deaths this season so far (that could very well change, heck is likely to change). 

Then why use mortality rate on the 1/27 post when your argument was about total deaths and impact on economy? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Then don't pretend to be confused when you are smart enough to follow what I am saying. And I know you are.

But I am confused.  Confused as to why you're building a fortress on this hill that's slowly sinking into the ground.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Today Governor Evers issued an executive order postponing our tomorrows voting until June. The WI Supreme Court just blocked that EO. I believe we are the only state still voting tomorrow, unless I misunderstood the news. 

• Sad 3

I just listened to Thomas Modly's cringe-worthy address to the crew of the U.S.S. Roosevelt.  What a ****ing scumbag.  The diametrical opposite of a leader - more a toady apologist.   In other words, a typical Trump appointee.

• Thanks 3