Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 minutes ago, techboy said:

Yeah, FCPS has been really safety conscious since that teacher set her classroom on fire a few years ago, so I don't think that will fly.

Fortunately, there are virtual science labs that work pretty well in a pinch, and said safety rules mean we can't really do the cool labs anyway (in Chemistry at least).

Damn nanny state.

Some of my favorite chemistry class memories were goading the substitute teacher to increase quantities in violent chemical reactions "so that we could see it from the back of the class."

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I started taking Elderberry a couple of days before we left for Aruba in mid-February. I started feeling sick - flu-ish - 2 weekends back. I pumped up the tablets & took Coricidin HBP (over 60yo & take blood pressure med). After 3 days I was fine - never really felt too bad during those 3 days, either. 

So, now I'm about done with my 30 day supply of Elderberry I bought on Amazon on February 9th for $14.99. Guess how much it is today ---- $39.99

**** anybody who is gouging people during this crisis. Just **** you. 

I think CVS had Elderberry products when my wife was going through that fad. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Damn nanny state.

Some of my favorite chemistry class memories were goading the substitute teacher to increase quantities in violent chemical reactions "so that we could see it from the back of the class."

A fire with the bunsen burners was always a safe way to get lashed out of science classes. 

Happy days. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, PCS said:

Well its going to be fine. I was jist informed by a coworker,that though China let this virus out,coronavirus has been around for a long time. Just look at the back of a Lysol can. I should be more concerned about the flu. This will go away soon.  Whew. Glad we had that talk. 

SIGH.

An actual text from my brother. Everything is fine folks. Just be careful when getting the mail. 

image.png.ce2aa7b20aada28e147fcb960a8e4c2c.png

I can’t keep up because real life is just that way right now. So I won’t post news as it’s likely been posted. 

but I will say that my wife’s reaction to what trump said last night... frustrated, appalled, upset, and overly burdened by the reality are the best words I can use to describe it but the reality is they don’t really capture the magnitude of how she felt and reacted. 

(for those that haven’t read other posts: my wife is in charge of running acute care services for a major hospital - icu, Ed (Er is what most people call it) etc. she’s a front line person on this thing at this time. She knows more about this than most and has been directly involved going back to January)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

(for those that haven’t read other posts: my wife is in charge of running acute care services for a major hospital - icu, Ed (Er is what most people call it) etc. she’s a front line person on this thing at this time. She knows more about this than most and has been directly involved going back to January)

So, she's part of the liberal conspiracy?

Yes.  This is so incredibly stupid and frustrating.

Again.  When a problem gets worse at an exponential rate, the right time to act is when it feels far too early.  

We are too late for that.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2