Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

50 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He'll be remembered as the guy who shutdown the NBA during coronavirus with that gif living in infamy on the Internet for eternity. 

It will be synonymous with people not taking this seriously and how quickly that changed, it'll be in every documentary about this.

It jus doesnt matter if he knew he had it or not, touching all that stuff to make light if it was a mistake that will haunt hin rest of his life.

Agreed.  It's a shame cause he's a really good player but that's how he'll be remembered.  

And getting his all-star teammate sick, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Not only are they not a part of the UK, but that is a huge insult...

It's not an insult because it's so ****ing ignorant an Irish person wouldn't take offense.

It is akin to thinking Alaska was part of Canada.

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Because all I can do is rant and I need somewhere to rant you guys get some over dramatic nonsense to read

got the whole... who and cdc and insurance companies are in on it, it’s a scam, they all took out bonds to insure against pandemics in 2017, now look, everyone’s a sucker for buying into the hype... today...

people talk to me about it because they know my wife’s job. 

I take a deep breath can calmly explain we’re planning on her living in the hospital for 2-3 months working as a floor nurse instead of overseeing the entire hospital. 

my life has been incredibly stressful for 4 months or so. The stress this has added has created a situation where hearing someone tell me to my face that it’s all a hoax, fake news, conspiracy causes me to well up with tears right in front of them. Which is not a particularly proud thing to admit as a male with ego issues. But it’s the truth. 

I haven’t felt this way since my father was deployed to the pentagon as a firefighter when the plane hit the pentagon. 

writing this brings tears. 

it’s so ****ing frustrating. I hate people. 

We're with you.  We understand your frustrations.  And those idiots are not worth a nanosecond of your time or thought.  And the entire region and country is incredibly grateful to your wife, your family and everyone in your family's situation.  When some of the people who are supposed to be charge of this country have abdicated their duty, it's the fine men and women of the country who rise to the challenge time and time again.  We will get through it, thanks to the incredible dedication of healthcare workers and their families across the country.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also going to say, @tshile I feel your frustration on people who deny logic and facts in the face of overwhelming evidence. For people in any of the sciences, from medicine to climate science, the past 30 years has been a frustrating endeavor of dealing with a whirlwind of BS from unapologetically stupid people. But this country works and exists because a fraction of the population has taken the time to get educated and to care about others, and more often than not has always picked up the slack for everyone else. Your wife and family are on the front lines and we all owe you and others in similar situations a debt of gratitude.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 9

Very unlikely they close grocery stores. Even Italy hasn’t gone that far yet. But they might institute more strict policies on how and when you can access. We’ve switched to mobile ordering from Whole Foods already but it’s unclear if they have the capacity to deliver as more and more people stop going in. Whole Foods relies on individual people delivering, they don’t have their own delivery service.

———

Although who the **** knows. It is slowly becoming clear that we have botched the initial response horrifically.

Republicans thought there would be no consequences to nominating and shamelessly empowering a deranged, pathological liar and narcissist.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Was going to go to Costco earlier today but the parking lot looked like a ****show so just drove away. Usually like going a weekdays to avoid crowds.

I'm hitting the stores at 3 on my way home. I was going to do Trader Joes and Costco. Costco would be more of a luxury. I am curious to see how the parking lot looks at 330 or so

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

Because all I can do is rant and I need somewhere to rant you guys get some over dramatic nonsense to read

got the whole... who and cdc and insurance companies are in on it, it’s a scam, they all took out bonds to insure against pandemics in 2017, now look, everyone’s a sucker for buying into the hype... today...

people talk to me about it because they know my wife’s job. 

I take a deep breath can calmly explain we’re planning on her living in the hospital for 2-3 months working as a floor nurse instead of overseeing the entire hospital. 

my life has been incredibly stressful for 4 months or so. The stress this has added has created a situation where hearing someone tell me to my face that it’s all a hoax, fake news, conspiracy causes me to well up with tears right in front of them. Which is not a particularly proud thing to admit as a male with ego issues. But it’s the truth. 

I haven’t felt this way since my father was deployed to the pentagon as a firefighter when the plane hit the pentagon. 

writing this brings tears. 

it’s so ****ing frustrating. I hate people. 

Hang in there, man. 

People are awful.

But not all of them. Most are decent and many of the idiots pissing you off right now are simply unhappy people. Don't let them bring you down. These same people will look at your wife as a hero in no time at all.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm hitting the stores at 3 on my way home. I was going to do Trader Joes and Costco. Costco would be more of a luxury. I am curious to see how the parking lot looks at 330 or so

It was fine going to Walmart and grocery stores but Costco was packed because of people thinking they need to hunker down.