Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

38 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Chad Dukes is a complete fool. Still saying that the media is overblowing this situation, how could anyone still hage this opinion?

Think about it...….sure, tens of thousands of folks die from the common flu each year, and almost everyone (99 percent) of people who test positive for this should recover, but if Dr. Fauci is testifying before Congress and confirms that this so far has a mortality rate 10 times that of the normal flu, of course people are going to get alarmed. But is the media supposed to not report what experts like Fauci are saying?  Are they supposed to suppress it?

I didn't watch the address last night but went back and watched it today and wasn't as critical as some I've seen on social media, with the mention of trade from Europe being shut down being admittedly a big gaffe. I guess what struck me, though, is how dispassionate Trump appeared when reading the lines, as he seems to be with just about any non-rally speech.

The President's biggest supporters often defend him by saying that "he's not a polished speaker."  When faced with something like this situation, the speaking skills of a typical politician really come in handy. 

22 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

How so you think this would have turned out if the CDC funding wasn’t cut? Did Italy and China also cut CDC funding?

We are the most wealthy and most powerful country in the world.  Most likely, if there is a shift in global society, we have the most to lose.

In reality, China and Italy are both struggling to be first world countries.

We have a vested interest unlike any other country in the world to keep the global society static.  In no global issue should the quality, effectiveness, or magnitude of our response be compared to the likes of China and Italy.

Whether Italy and China effectively dealt with this virus or cut the budgets to their equivalent of the CDC should not matter to us.

• Like 3

I think its time for some drastic measures.  I'd propose a 30 day furlough and quarantine for all workers in non-essential industries, public and private, whether infected or not.  Non essential meaning everything thats not food, medical, power, water, police, fire, most manufacturing and most transportation.

24 minutes ago, China said:

Went into an assisted living facility today.  In addition to the questionnaire I had to answer about my travel and any recent illness, they took my temperature before I was allowed in.  Fortunately, they didn't do it rectally.

Smuggling heroin in again, China?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I didn't watch the address last night but went back and watched it today and wasn't as critical as some I've seen on social media, with the mention of trade from Europe being shut down being admittedly a big gaffe. I guess what struck me, though, is how dispassionate Trump appeared when reading the lines, as he seems to be with just about any non-rally speech.

It's because he has no empathy for anyone. He has no passion for the words written for him because they are not about him. He is a sociopath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Good idea.  With all the tech thats become available I don't see any reason why Congress can't vote or debate despite not being physically present in the Capitol.  

Pretty sure they can vote remotely now, but it has to be unanimous.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good, Katie got him on youtube, now how do you enforce his commitment?  The law says he has a choice, how do you make sure he sticks with that choice when Trump gets in his face about it?

Re: Katie Porter, not all heroes wear capes.

At minimum, it creates a huge political problem for the president if the CDC goes back on their word.  And not for nothing, it's freakin' no brainer.

• Like 2

Just now, bearrock said:

Re: Katie Porter, not all heroes wear capes.

At minimum, it creates a huge political problem for the president if the CDC goes back on their word.  And not for nothing, it's freakin' no brainer.

Political ads wont protect us, legislative branch needs to find whatever legal means neccesary to lock that in as they can.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good, you got him on youtube, now how do you enforce his commitment?  The law says he has a choice, how do you make sure he sticks with that choice when Trump gets in his face about it?

Don’t think you can. If the public learns anything from this, it should be that don’t elect morons to office. And right now that is the entirety of the Republican Party. Politics is not a game and crises should not be managed by **** grabbing game show hosts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Seattle Flu Study allegedly tested samples for COVID-19 against federal, state guidelines

SEATTLE — For months, Seattleites had been volunteering swabs of their nasal cavity as part of a one-of-a-kind study to track the spread of flu throughout the city.

The same type of sample is what’s needed to test for COVID-19.

Since the study began late last year, nearly 2,500 samples had been collected. Now researchers are involved in a controversy following a New York Times story that makes the claim that samples were tested for COVID-19 against federal and state guidelines.

When KOMO News first spoke with the study’s director, Dr. Helen Chu, she said the results of any testing would only go back to the study participants.

“We’ll give the result to the participant then they can take the result to their doctor,” Chu said in December 2019. “We would not transmit that to their provider or anybody else, it would just be given to the person who did the test”.

Flu study researchers are clinicians and not physicians with the ability to diagnosis a health issue. But researchers knew what they had in their labs, potential evidence that Covid-19 may have already been in Seattle before the first case was reported at the Life Care Center of Kirkland.

The New York Times has reported that Chu and her staff began running tests of the flu samples before the lab was certified to do so and during a time when the testing procedures were not certified as well.

But in doing so, it detected participants that had presumptive tests for Covid-19 including a teenager at a Renton area high school. The school closed for a time as a precaution.

The Times reported that representatives of the CDC and the FDA discussed the testing of the flu samples and told researchers to stop testing, but the Flu Study’s institutional review board determined it would be ‘unethical’ for researchers not to test.

Soon after the decision was made, the research lab started testing the samples and found multiple cases of Covid-19.

Click on the link for the full article

Analysis: Facing virus outbreak, Trump's tactics fall short

But the virus has appeared impervious to the Republican president’s bluster.

The virus does not have a Twitter account and, unlike so many previous Trump foes, is resistant to political bullying or Republican Party solidarity. It has preyed on his lack of curiosity and fears of germs while exposing divides and inadequacies within senior levels of his administration. It has taken away Trump’s favorite political tool, his rallies, from which he draws energy and coveted voter information.

And eight months from Election Day, it has endangered his best reelection argument — a strong economy

Click on the link for more

Add Alex Jones to the list of scumbag hucksters peddling "cures" for Corona virus:

Alex Jones Is Peddling Toothpaste That He Falsely Says Kills Coronavirus

Conspiracy theorist and talk radio host Alex Jones is using public fears over the coronavirus outbreak to help peddle toothpaste that he falsely claims can kill the virus. Jones told listeners on his “Infowars” program Tuesday that silver-infused toothpaste being sold on his website has been verified by federal officials as a coronavirus killer, despite the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention saying otherwise.

“The patented nanosilver we have, the Pentagon has come out and documented and Homeland Security has said this stuff kills the whole SARS-corona family at point-blank range,” he said. “They’re still discounted despite all the hell breaking loose.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/alex-jones-toothpaste-coronavirus-220055503.html