Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

What are the new cases today? I know there were 2 in Virginia.. I tough there was supposed to be 800,000 tests available... I thought we would be seeing a lot more cases just due to testing....

Maybe the reason UK is exempt is not that Europe brings its disease to us, but that we and the UK have decided to adopt the heard approach, and done so we don’t infect the other countries?

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A hangable offense, really.

Should be. But they been arguing already that he can do whatever he thinks is best to get re-elected if he sees that as what’s best for the country. And he obviously does. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

As everyone suspected, Trump suppressed aggressive early-stage testing “because high case numbers would hurt my re-election”. 

He is and continues to be a traitor and must resign. Shame on those that voted for him.

• Like 4

Friend in Italy just e-mailed me. Said anyone not taking this seriously is insane. Said to get food for at least three weeks and that it is just a matter of time before our hospitals are overflowing with sick people.

Just now, Hooper said:

Friend in Italy just e-mailed me. Said anyone not taking this seriously is insane. Said to get food for at least three weeks and that it is just a matter of time before our hospitals are overflowing with sick people.

I want to add the laughing reaction to this because I don’t believe it... we will see...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

I'm going to be stuck at home with two toddlers for two weeks......

It's going to take all my self control not to kill them.

I see your two toddlers and raise you 2 teens.  I hear about the toilet paper shortages, and think that is just today's story. Wait till parents start running out of alcohol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, gbear said:

I see your two toddlers and raise you 2 teens.  I hear about the toilet paper shortages, and think that is just today's story. Wait till parents start running out of alcohol.

Just make sure you have an escape route in case the WiFi goes down and those teens turn on you.  

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, gbear said:

One toddler and one 3 week old infant. However, I keep enough booze in the house for 3 months. For all of us. 

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I want to add the laughing reaction to this because I don’t believe it... we will see...

In this case, I’m off to Costco. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-11/coronavirus-testing-kits-lack-key-ingredient-causing-confusion%3f_amp=true

Testing for the novel coronavirus continues to face severe limitations, as California health officials lack key components to conduct laboratory analysis, marking another barrier in the state’s efforts to identify infectious patients.

The shortfall compounds a month of sluggish progress in deploying diagnostic tests developed by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and, if not quickly remedied, will continue to substantially undercount infected patients and could hinder efforts to contain the outbreak.

“This is imperative that the federal government and labs across the United States, not the state of California, get the benefit of all the ingredients that are components of the test,” Gov. Gavin Newsom said Thursday. “I am surprised this is not more of the national conversation. We need to focus in on these tests.”

The chemicals needed, known as reagents, are used to extract genetic material from a nasal swab sample, among the first steps in the testing process. Demand for reagents has left a key supplier struggling to keep pace with orders from countries around the world.

The new information provides a clearer picture of why testing shortages continue, even as state and federal officials last week insisted there were sufficient kits. Newsom said that without the needed supplies, the “test kits are like printers, but without ink.

The circus continues....

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

let them prove it if they won’t listen. I’m ok with what happens 

Knowing my mom, who is 74, is a nurse helps. Her blood pressure cuff is hanging on the side of her recliner. She takes extremely good care of herself, and she survived breast cancer back in '08. She's a Republican, but not a science denying one.

• Like 2

We have liquor too. We have to with a 14, 13, 9 and 4 year old special needs kids.  Some days are just like that.

I just hope none of us gets sick for a few months because I am not thinking the doctor's office or hospital is anywhere we will want to go.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1