Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Thought Trump said, it was almost over when they were 15 cases. Going down to zero, he said.  Now, we are are 47 states; doesn't seem like zero to me.

West Virginia, Alabama,, Idaho are the only states without a reported case. 

So is Montana. A person traveled from there to MD and got infected. That person is still in MD but Montana gets that 1 person dot because they are resident of Montana. 

12 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

This part: He said the only obstacles at this point are regulatory. The company’s technique isn’t yet FDA-approved and would need to go through clinical trials.

Not sure why there should be 3 phase testing and the wait until November. I say the FDA fast track this as it is funded by our Government and the facility is in NC. There are lot of people out there infected and that should make the clinical test faster. No?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

So is Montana. A person traveled from there to MD and got infected. That person is still in MD but Montana gets that 1 person dot because they are resident of Montana. 

Thought I initially saw 4 states, when seeing it on TV.  So, I am assuming that guy got it in MD.

26 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Thought I initially saw 4 states, when seeing it on TV.  So, I am assuming that guy got it in MD.

Yes but they are wrong since the person is still in MD and not back home to Montana though. So technically Montana doesn't have an active case right now. From an article published on the 11th. 

There are no confirmed cases of the COVID-19 illness in Montana. However, a Montana resident from Lake County visiting Maryland has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Public health officials say the patient did not have the virus while in Montana.

“Since the case was announced earlier today, public health officials have been working nonstop to learn more about this case and can now confirm the patient did not have coronavirus while she was in Montana,” Montana Governor Steve Bullock said. “We will continue to monitor the patient in Maryland and remain committed to preparing for coronavirus to reach Montana.”

Maryland investigators reported to the Montana health department that the patient was last in Montana on November 2019 and did not have the virus at that time.

https://www.mtpr.org/post/montanan-maryland-tests-positive-covid-19

Edited by zskins

4 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Maybe we could just build a wall and have the Californians/Washingtonians pay for it. 

I say we do that around the White House so we can isolate trump and not have to have him try to make all of us sick anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zskins said:

Not sure why there should be 3 phase testing and the wait until November. I say the FDA fast track this as it is funded by our Government and the facility is in NC. There are lot of people out there infected and that should make the clinical test faster. No?

You ever seen I Am Legend? Thats basically how that started. 

Partisanship appears to be the most decisive factor of Americans' concerns, even more than age. While 29% of 18-29-year-olds are very concerned about catching the illness, 25% of people over 65 years old said the same.

A majority of Americans, 54%, disapprove of the president's handling of the response to the coronavirus, while 43% approve. Still, partisanship continues to fuel attitudes towards the White House's response, with the same amount of Democrats disapproving of Trump's managing of the health crisis as Republicans approving, 86%. Only 14% of Democrats approve, and 11% of Republicans disapprove.

👀👀👀

43% way too high. There's no bottom with Republicans when it comes to Trump.

Edited by Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Well, that number will be going down soon!

There is a new dummy born every day though. I don't see this changing until we stop letting people lie without consequence. And thanks to that pesky freedom of speech that probably wont happen. Its just a matter of time before something like this destroys us.

I like to imagine a meteor hurling towards the planet and we have the capability to destroy it. But 43% of the country approves of it and think its no big deal. Science has proven that this meteor is big enough to destroy life on this planet. But Cyborg Sean Hannity says [read this in his voice and you will see] that 'its not that big. And even if it were, the chances of it hitting us are slim anyway and its really just the next liberal hoax to take down God King Trump Jr. the Second.' 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I like to imagine a meteor hurling towards the planet and we have the capability to destroy it. But 43% of the country approves of it and think its no big deal. Science has proven that this meteor is big enough to destroy life on this planet. But Cyborg Sean Hannity says [read this in his voice and you will see] that 'its not that big. And even if it were, the chances of it hitting us are slim anyway and its really just the next liberal hoax to take down God King Trump Jr. the Second.' 

the Simpson has an episode for everything and they covered this. The angry townspeople blamed the observatory for spotting the meteor and burned it down.

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

43% way too high. There's no bottom with Republicans when it comes to Trump.

is anyone really surprised? I had a friend tell me that the media’s narrative driven by their partisan agenda was the reason sports leagues were shutting down. I asked “So you are telling us multi-billion dollar companies are making decisions based on what the media says?“

I actually made a tiny bit of progress with that question but there is no moving them off Trump. Excuses will be made. 

• Sad 1

I sadly know far too many trump supporters and I'll say this, several think this is grossly overblown and mostly media hype but the ones that are taking it seriously just happen to be my wife's nurse friends.

Coincidence? I think not.

At least some eyes are opening. 

• Like 1

In case you didn't have enough to worry about, here's something else to consider...

Because the Trumpsters think it's a hoax they're going out and will be among the largest initial groups infected.

They'll also be the first treated, which means they may have the best chances of recovering before the medical facilities get overwhelmed and run out of supplies and/or vaccine.

*exit stage left* 💣

Edited by Epochalypse
  • Haha 1

School systems all over GA shutting down. I  have a coworker who goes to Ga State & has been studying in France on an exchange program. She got a call saying she had 48 hours to decide whether to stay or come home (per the travel ban). If she comes home, there's a  good chance she could lose credit for the entire semester. 🙁

• Sad 3