Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

We love you, skinsmarydu. 

I love you all too, even twa. Y'all know our posting history, but I realized when he went through an illness that I could root for his recovery & learn to giggle instead of getting angry with him. He's a good guy. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Should have left off the edit and just let his imagination decide if it was good or bad... and on how his house could use some more motion activated lights.  

Now that made me drop my 7-up. 🙁

But to Mr. Sinister's point,  we're all here for a reason. This ain't fb. This isn't even about the team anymore. It's about friends we've made. Let's help each other. 

On that note, how you feeling, @visionary?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Not sure what "isolated" means here - I thought this was done back in January. 

Edit:  Ok, I confused it with sequencing.  Still, it was imaged back in February, which seems to require isolation.

Edit2: Nevermind, I think I'm totally wrong about this...

Edited by DCSaints_fan

41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I had been sick for months, and it was you who noticed I was gone. 

I'll never forget that. 

Edit, add...I meant that in a good way, not angry with anyone. Just that you're a good dude & got folks looking for me. 

Thanks, Mary. Wouldn't be the same here without you :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

On that note, how you feeling, @visionary?

I’m good right now. The fever I had only lasted like another morning and pretty much went away, through my throat was sore some the next couple of days.   My throat was kind of sore last night too and earlier today.  But I’ve mostly been fine other than my usual minor health issues.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I noticed i don’t have a thermometer... so i went on amazon.,, only one they have doesn’t work according to the reviews....

If you don't have any luck finding it in stores near you, they have thermometer apps for smartphones.  I don't know how accurate it is, but I assume it's accurate enough to tip you off if a temperature is off enough to warrant concern.

15 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Not sure what "isolated" means here - I thought this was done back in January. 

Edit:  Ok, I confused it with sequencing.  Still, it was imaged back in February, which seems to require isolation.

Image is different then actual RNA strand that they probably isolated. Imaging showed the structure of the virus when it was attached to the affected cell (lungs in this case). The structure showed how close it was to SARS and MERS but of course a lot more deadly. 

3 hours ago, China said:

So who will be the first on this board to be confirmed positive with the coronavirus?

I tried to get tested cause had flu like symptoms and tested negative for the flu. I didn't fit the criteria regarding travel or being in contact with someone known to have it. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Sad 2

Coronavirus closes Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Universal Orlando Resort 

>>>Orlando's Disney World, Disneyland Paris and Disney Cruise lines will shut down temporarily in the wake of growing concerns over the global coronavirus pandemic. The Universal Orlando Resort announced its theme park closure Thursday as well....<<<

Universal Orlando has also joined the shutdown.

22 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump considers travel restrictions to California and Washington in attempt to stop coronavirus spread 

>>>>President Trump said Thursday that travel restrictions to California and Washington, two states hit hard by the coronavirus outbreak, were possible “if an area gets too hot....."  <<<<<<

Maybe we could just build a wall and have the Californians/Washingtonians pay for it. 

• Haha 1

I knew about the virus staying alive on surfaces for a period of time but didn't know that coins can be very dangerous....

How long does the virus live on an object like a dollar bill?

– John from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Depending on the type of surface, the virus can stay on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days, according to the WHO. A recent study by scientists in the U.S. found that viable virus could be detected up to three hours later in the air, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

It's possible that you can become infected if you touch your face after touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, according to the CDC. But scientists don't think surfaces are the main way that the virus spreads; the most common form of infection is from respiratory droplets spread by a person's cough or sneeze, the CDC reports.

Meanwhile, the WHO says it is very unlikely that the virus will persist on a surface after being moved, traveled and exposed to different conditions and temperatures. That means the virus cannot spread through goods manufactured in China or any country reporting coronavirus cases.

At the same time, the WHO is reportedly encouraging people to use as many digital payment options as possible. Viruses can survive on hard surfaces like coins for days in some cases. U.S dollars, a blend of fabric and paper, are harder for viruses to stick to.

Here is rest of the article and very nicely done too. A must read if you haven't already:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/12/coronavirus-reader-questions-answered-symptoms-testing-elderly/5012457002/