Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

13 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Not sure of the optics? Because there will be people sick eveywhere and some dying. Do we really need to quench our thirst for sports so badly that the NFL can't make a classy move step back for a month? The NFL dominating coverage is in itself is an example of optics that reflect on the league poorly.

man, people need entertainment and frankly something operating as normal will keep  from getting to depressed

25 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Not sure of the optics? Because there will be people sick eveywhere and some dying. Do we really need to quench our thirst for sports so badly that the NFL can't make a classy move step back for a month? The NFL dominating coverage is in itself is an example of optics that reflect on the league poorly.

Who is it putting at risk?

7 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Not trying to be callous or flippant, but people are getting sick and dying all the time. Of all sorts of things. If that was the standard, the NFL could never operate. Yes, Covid-19 is a serious threat. But, as of now, the vast majority of infections and deaths are not in the United States. And while that is tragic, the NFL is a very US-centric league. It's not really concerned with the health situation in Thailand or Iran. It's worried about the US first and foremost. Right now there's 1,215 cases and 36 reported deaths stemming from Covid-19. Just as one comparison, almost 30 people die daily in the United States from drunk-driving accidents. And yet, the league still has a beer sponsor. Or another comparison, over 60,000 people died of the flu last year. The problem at this point isn't that there's a massive extinction or even a mass infection of Covid-19. The problem is the threat of infection and potential medical issues if that happens, hence the precautions being taken.

But if the NFL's actions do not pose any threat to infection, then why postpone? It also invites the other major question of postponement, which is 'til when? This isn't something that's just going to clear up in a week or two. You're probably going to have to postpone it 2 months or more. Things are probably going to get worse before they get better. You're going to run into issues with the draft. So yeah, maybe you postpone free agency til May and the draft until June and maybe hope things get better by then. And if they don't postpone again til August or whenever. There's never a perfect answer or a perfect time. But if you're not contributing to the problem, the question circles back to why postpone? Because someone on twitter might get offended? If that's the best reason, it's not a good enough one in my book.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Who is it putting at risk?

How the NFL is viewed in the public eye is a huge risk. 

Anyone traveling by plane making free agent visits or gathering at meetings is putting the general public at risk and it also demonstrates a deviation from what the general public is being asked to do.

17 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

**** me..Reed's gonna win a SB with Seattle...****ing Seattle!!!...of all places....he's gonna return to '15 form and ball out you watch

Sadly, the greater odds are on him taking a hit and being carted off the field.  I am not in a position to tell anybody what to do with their lives.  But damn, it’s just not worth the risk.  

9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

That Rashad Ross looks interesting.

6DF7B5DF-3528-4E23-8DEE-25593E47A97A.gif.0751e7feeb537288fcfb7bde6c479528.gif

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What will ESPN cover than?....no NCAA tournament no NBA no NHL no XFL...the international ice carving competition in Fairbanks Alaska is now over..ummmmm...is tennis going on now?..golf?

Tennis is gone through April I think.  Golf is gone.

This is an opportunity to get back to basics, live like we did in the 90’s: more weed and sex. 

19 minutes ago, Jericho said:

by then. And if they don't postpone again til August or whenever. There's never a perfect answer or a perfect time. But if you're not contributing to the problem, 

19 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not trying to be callous or flippant, but people are getting sick and dying all the time. Of all sorts of things. If that was the standard, the NFL could never operate. Yes, Covid-19 is a serious threat. But, as of now, the vast majority of infections and deaths are not in the United States. And while that is tragic, the NFL is a very US-centric league. It's not really concerned with the health situation in Thailand or Iran. It's worried about the US first and foremost. Right now there's 1,215 cases and 36 reported deaths stemming from Covid-19. Just as one comparison, almost 30 people die daily in the United States from drunk-driving accidents. And yet, the league still has a beer sponsor. Or another comparison, over 60,000 people died of the flu last year. The problem at this point isn't that there's a massive extinction or even a mass infection of Covid-19. The problem is the threat of infection and potential medical issues if that happens, hence the precautions being taken.

But if the NFL's actions do not pose any threat to infection, then why postpone? It also invites the other major question of postponement, which is 'til when? This isn't something that's just going to clear up in a week or two. You're probably going to have to postpone it 2 months or more. Things are probably going to get worse before they get better. You're going to run into issues with the draft. So yeah, maybe you postpone free agency til May and the draft until June and maybe hope things get better by then. And if they don't postpone again til August or whenever. There's never a perfect answer or a perfect time. But if you're not contributing to the problem, the question circles back to why postpone? Because someone on twitter might get offended? If that's the best reason, it's not a good enough one in my book.

In response I will say that you can't compare apples to oranges. This is a global pandemic that requires a response from everyone. Community spreading has already taken off in the US and if you think it's a foreign problem talk to me in a weeks time. Some things are bigger than sports. 

19 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

How the NFL is viewed in the public eye is a huge risk. 

Anyone traveling by plane making free agent visits or gathering at meetings is putting the general public at risk and it also demonstrates a deviation from what the general public is being asked to do.

How about if the NFL goes on as normal, but no one reports anything so it gets no attention? All the free agents sign places, but no one is told where. That would make it just like 99% of the other businesses still operating.

There's no evidence the NFL is doing anything regarding planes or having meetings. In fact, you can have meetings through a teleconference. So everyone's quarantined. And players can be interviewed over the phone and sign contracts electronically. So the NFL can comply with those restrictions as well.

6 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

In response I will say that you can't compare apples to oranges. This is a global pandemic that requires a response from everyone. Community spreading has already taken off in the US and if you think it's a foreign problem talk to me in a weeks time. Some things are bigger than sports. 

Not what I said. I didn't say it was "just a foreign problem". I acknowledge the threat and risk to the US pretty clearly. And I acknowledge the threat of community spread of viruses. And I acknowledge the fact this will probably get much worse. My point has been nothing the NFL would do would have any effect on any of this.

22 minutes ago, Jericho said:

22 minutes ago, Jericho said:

How about if the NFL goes on as normal, but no one reports anything so it gets no attention? All the free agents sign places, but no one is told where. That would make it just like 99% of the other businesses still operating.

There's no evidence the NFL is doing anything regarding planes or having meetings. In fact, you can have meetings through a teleconference. So everyone's quarantined. And players can be interviewed over the phone and sign contracts electronically. So the NFL can comply with those restrictions as well.

Not what I said. I didn't say it was "just a foreign problem". I acknowledge the threat and risk to the US pretty clearly. And I acknowledge the threat of community spread of viruses. And I acknowledge the fact this will probably get much worse. My point has been nothing the NFL would do would have any effect on any of this.

Let's just wait this out a few days and have this conversation later.

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm so happy that everyone is 100% on board that FS is a huge need and Nicholson isn't a player.

I tried. I really tried to like Nicholson, but for every good play he'd make he would follow it by 10 horrible plays. Just not good enough. 

I hope we can work our a deal with Brandon before he's tagged.  Feel the tag coming though.  :(.  Our new F.O. capologist Rogers needs to get a deal done with Brandon and Flowers too before FA starts.  

29 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I tried. I really tried to like Nicholson, but for every good play he'd make he would follow it by 10 horrible plays. Just not good enough. 

Nicholson is a waste of space .. he is THE biggest problem with the skins secondary.. the only reason he still has a job is because of the ineptitude of the past coaching staff. 

On 3/12/2020 at 6:17 PM, PartyPosse said:

Not to politicize this but this kind of “conspiracist” thinking does a great disservice. I’m sure that dude on the Pacers thought it was overblown as well and he’s pretty much gotten the nba season suspended. My brother is a doctor in Hamilton where one of the head doctors was diagnosed with it. He said it’s as bad as it sounds. Doesn’t mean we’re all gonna die, that’s just foolish to think, but it’s not unrealistic to think that at least someone you know or have crossed paths with has it.

Thats all I’m going to say as this isn’t the place for non football discussion. I’m just saying being careful with what you may think you know.

I'm not talking conspiracy here just spreading negativity, fear and anxiety by many medias, instead of trying to calm down people. For example chloroquine is very effective against all flu fevers but strangely they don't talk about it. They don't mention remdesivir as well !

Instead they are focusing day in day out on the rising number of casualties, and hiding the facts that most of them are in the 60-80 range suffering from sepsis, blood cloting and other pathologies.

" March 4 analysis by the national health institute found that of the 105 patients who died from the virus, the average age was 81. This put a 20-year gap between the average age of people who tested positive for the virus and the deceased, the institute said. On Friday, an ICU physician in Lombardy — the epicenter of Italy’s outbreak — told JAMA there have been only two deaths of people under the age of 50. "

We must be careful and make sure our elderlies stay safe.

If you want to hear a conspiracy theory I got one from an exec of a nutrition company in Panama ;)

I was just clarifying my thoughts, Sorry back to the topic

Hunter Henry has been tagged, could have been a nice addition.

I like Vikings FS Anthony Harris (Virginia)

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm so happy that everyone is 100% on board that FS is a huge need and Nicholson isn't a player.

Are you kidding me. Don't you remember that INT he had back in 2017. You are losing faith way to early. Give him another 5 years before judging.

Archived