Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

The problem with delaying the draft is delaying all the things that follow it - signing UDFAs, mini-camp, etc... You ideally want those guys signed and learning ASAP. The draft can still happen without crowds, even if its not ideal

The draft wont be delayed, thats absurd.  Like a GM in an office in a different building cant send a message to the NFL FO in another building on who they are drafting.

COVID019 doesnt live in computers, stop making things up.  At the very least they could do it in the same building and run their most disliked intern up to the podium to give it to Goodell and see which team gets to "give it to him" first.

8 hours ago, Peregrine said:

The draft wont be delayed, thats absurd.  Like a GM in an office in a different building cant send a message to the NFL FO in another building on who they are drafting.

COVID019 doesnt live in computers, stop making things up.  At the very least they could do it in the same building and run their most disliked intern up to the podium to give it to Goodell and see which team gets to "give it to him" first.

Governments and medias are spreading anxiety and panic. Imagine if we had a worldwide SARS epidemic with its 10% death toll or MERS (34%) !

We will be watching the draft on TV as usually.

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^The coronavirus shouldn’t have any affect on FA. Teams can make deals over the phone with players/their agents... the draft however? That could be affected, although that’s 6 weeks away. NFL could just wait until early April to see what the virus situation is like by then.

The only potential delay is for free agents coming off injury. If there are flights canceled or delayed and the team really needs a physical and to work a player out to clear said player that could cause minor problems, but right now even that's not a concern. The flights are operating. Heck, I spent about fifteen hours in a hospital this week (9 in an emergency room) and I haven't been quarantined. 

8 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Maybe; maybe not.  The town the draft takes place in stands to lose a lot of money that they are counting on for the draft.  I think it takes place in Las Vegas this year.  If so maybe not a big deal but time will tell on this.  Hopefully, the levels of this virus have subsided way down and all is normal and the draft can go on as usual.  

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

R.e.m....its the end of the world as we know it...gonna be nuts seeing the NCAA tournaments go on with out fans in the building's.

I don't think we're going to see the NCAA tournament, to be honest. But we'll see.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't think we're going to see the NCAA tournament, to be honest. But we'll see.

I assume you mean on t.v?..to each there own but I'm in front of the t.v only from sept1st to Feb 3rd...the t.v belongs to the wife and kids through those other months.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I assume you mean on t.v?..to each there own but I'm in front of the t.v only from sept1st to Feb 3rd...the t.v belongs to the wife and kids through those other months.

I mean at all. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean at all. 

They say only a select amount of people will be allowed in the building's...family..I imagine scouts...we'll see clips and what have ya on Twitter or Facebook of this game going on with empty seats. That's all we'll see of the games.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

They say only a select amount of people will be allowed in the building's...family..I imagine scouts...we'll see clips and what have ya on Twitter or Facebook of this game going on with empty seats. That's all we'll see of the games.

You're not following. My prediction is that the tournament gets canceled. They canceled PROFESSIONAL basketball games. They're going to have kids on airplanes flying across country playing games? We'll see.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You're not following. My prediction is that the tournament gets canceled. They canceled PROFESSIONAL basketball games. They're going to have kids on airplanes flying across country playing games? We'll see.

Ahhhh ****...hey..thanks for sticking with me and talking to me like I'm a person...

You stated something I made a comment and was completely off on what you were saying and you simply told me I wasn't understanding and you reiterated for me...I'm not being sarcastic..thank you...how hard was that?....some people(obviously not you)need to learn how to be humans on this here interweb. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Sadly, I agree with you.  I think it gets cancelled today in fact.

I don't want Conklin. He's an RT, and he hasn't been all that good. He would be a fine RT and an upgrade over Moses and if we signed him I would hope it would be for RT and then cut Moses ... Moses + Trent = Conklin contract. But I dont know if I would want him to anchor LT.

I wonder how much of that is "leaked" to get someone like the Jets or Browns to just get a trade done for Trent. Smart leak actually haha

22 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I hope so, Conklin is my number one Free Agency signing. 

Bring it on Ron 

HTTR 

He has been strictly a RT so far in his NFL career, correct? Are you hoping for a switch to LT or are we going to pay a boatload of money to a RT with no serviceable LT on the roster?

*edit - I say that because I do not believe Trent plays for us again even though he is still on our roster.

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don't want Conklin. He's an RT, and he hasn't been all that good. He would be a fine RT and an upgrade over Moses and if we signed him I would hope it would be for RT and then cut Moses ... Moses + Trent = Conklin contract. But I dont know if I would want him to anchor LT.

I wonder how much of that is "leaked" to get someone like the Jets or Browns to just get a trade done for Trent. Smart leak actually haha

I only watched him during the playoffs, but he really didn't look much different than Moses.

29 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

He has been strictly a RT so far in his NFL career, correct? Are you hoping for a switch to LT or are we going to pay a boatload of money to a RT with no serviceable LT on the roster?

*edit - I say that because I do not believe Trent plays for us again even though he is still on our roster.

ItS bECaUsE THey'RE TrYinG to PrOtEcT TUa'S BlinDSidE!

6 hours ago, FrFan said:

Governments and medias are spreading anxiety and panic. Imagine if we had a worldwide SARS epidemic with its 10% death toll or MERS (34%) !

We will be watching the draft on TV as usually.

Not to politicize this but this kind of “conspiracist” thinking does a great disservice. I’m sure that dude on the Pacers thought it was overblown as well and he’s pretty much gotten the nba season suspended. My brother is a doctor in Hamilton where one of the head doctors was diagnosed with it. He said it’s as bad as it sounds. Doesn’t mean we’re all gonna die, that’s just foolish to think, but it’s not unrealistic to think that at least someone you know or have crossed paths with has it.

Thats all I’m going to say as this isn’t the place for non football discussion. I’m just saying being careful with what you may think you know.

Archived