Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Simmons will be top 5, guaranteed. If we trade Trent for Cle -10 or NYJ -11, and Jeudy is there... I’m absolutely ok grabbing him. McLaurin/Jeudy/Sims is a great wr core. But that’s provided we make a move for a vet to fill Penn’s spot. Can draft a LT with next years first. 

I agree with this. Only in the scenario proposed we already traded for Stefon Diggs. I would not draft Jeudy if we already have McClaurin/Diggs/Harmon/Sims.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Ok I guess there is never really a 0% chance (or 100%). I'd say chances are less than 5% that the Redskins would be able to acquire a 1st for Williams.  But for Draft purposes if we do get the 10th - BPA would probably be Jeudy (Simmons isn't falling to 10).  A top OT would be my 2d choice.

I think it's a 5% chance we get a top 10 pick for Williams, Kerrigan, and Dunbar.

I do think we can get the #26 for Williams and maybe our 4th.  They will likely have 14 draft picks!!! 

I've seen a few post over the last few months of us Skins fanatics being a bit worried about putting to much money in the OL. I've just had a look at the Cowboys OL cap hits for 2020, and the total invested in there OL this year is 51m. At the moment we have 2 starters in Moses and Roullier taking up 11m cap space, so let's say we resign Sherff to a LTD with 10m cap hit this year and Flowers cap hit of 7m  that's still only 28m total, we could go and sign Conklin at 10m or lesser players Daryl Williams or Vaitai at about 7m, so top figure for our OL could be around 38m for 2020. Personally I would sign Conklin and play him at LT this year and either draft LT or RT next year depending on his performance in 2020. 

HTTR 

8 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Simmons will be top 5, guaranteed. If we trade Trent for Cle -10 or NYJ -11, and Jeudy is there... I’m absolutely ok grabbing him. McLaurin/Jeudy/Sims is a great wr core. But that’s provided we make a move for a vet to fill Penn’s spot. Can draft a LT with next years first. 

There isn't a bigger Simmons geek on this forum than me, but there is no guarantee he is top 5. It's certainly possible...

But Cincy - QB

Skins - DE

Detroit - Trade Back or CB

Giants - First spot Simmons can land - trade back, Simmons or OT

Dolphins - QB

Could Miami take him? Sure. Could someone move up for him? Sure. But a guarantee? No. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Giants - First spot Simmons can land - trade back, Simmons or OT

Question is what the Giants do if/when take Chase Young--does Gettleman take a corresponding LT? Now that Bruce is gone, Gettleman is the worst GM in the division.

From Albert Breer:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/09/tom-brady-ryan-tannehill-tennessee-titans-cba

"Whoever the quarterback is, I’d expect the Redskins to look hard at the receiver market. Amari Cooper is one player to watch. DC area native Stefon Diggs could be another, if the Vikings ever show a desire to deal him (they really haven’t to this point)"

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Question is what the Giants do if/when take Chase Young--does Gettleman take a corresponding LT? Now that Bruce is gone, Gettleman is the worst GM in the division.

Agree. They are horribly run. Should have made things work with OBJ and probably taken a QB instead of Barkley. Having taken a Barkley, they should have waited until this year and taken Tua. They could have had Josh Allen and any number of other prospects last year. 

OBJ+Barkley+Josh Allen(DE)+Tua would be so much more talent than they are going to wind up with after this draft. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/09/report-giants-not-close-to-extension-with-leonard-williams/

"If the Giants re-sign Williams before the start of the league year, they’ll send a 2021 fourth-round pick to the Jets. If not, it will be a 2021 fifth-rounder along with a 2020 third-round selection."

Signing Cooper to huge contract wouldn’t be that of a strategy. He would be halfway through his contract before we would heed to extend Terry. This is manageable. I could see 3 different scenarios provided we trade Trent to Cle/NYJ for the 10/11

1. sign Cooper

2. draft bpa OL at 10/11

3. draft TE in 3rd

1. Sign Cooper

2. Trade down for multiple picks

3. draft TE with new assets 

1. sign vet FA LT

2. draft Jeudy/Lamb 

Cooper is my #1 target if I'm Rivera.

Hooper is there, but I'd be cautiously optimistic. I think given the market on tight ends, his value is more likely to artificially be inflated. But he's a good player.

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Agree. They are horribly run. Should have made things work with OBJ and probably taken a QB instead of Barkley. Having taken a Barkley, they should have waited until this year and taken Tua. They could have had Josh Allen and any number of other prospects last year. 

OBJ+Barkley+Josh Allen(DE)+Tua would be so much more talent than they are going to wind up with after this draft. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/09/report-giants-not-close-to-extension-with-leonard-williams/

"If the Giants re-sign Williams before the start of the league year, they’ll send a 2021 fourth-round pick to the Jets. If not, it will be a 2021 fifth-rounder along with a 2020 third-round selection."

They should have drafted Darnold.  If not, trade down and take the Jets' offer of three 2nd rounders.  If Barkley goes, take Chubb or Nelson (whomever fell to 6).

We should be watching the Dak contract situation closely. Assuming we get a new CBA, f the Cowboys are able to sign Dak, they will be able to franchise Cooper. Dak turned down a reported 33 million dollar/year contract, and the cowboys have already sent back a counter. Looks like the cowboys are serious about getting this done before the trade deadline and I suspect that it is exactly because that's the one way they can keep Dak and Cooper. I hope that if they resign Dak, that he is extreeeemely expensive. 

51 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Listening to Redskins 100 and market on Hooper is going to start at $11 mil.  JP Finley prefers they bring in a bunch of TE's and play it by committee.

There are rumors Cam Brate could be cut.  I’d easily go after him

Is this realistic, and would you guys be for it?...

-Trade Trent to the Browns for thier 2nd round pick (41st overall)...if they can sign him to an acceptable deal, that would also clear up like $11mil in salary cap space

-Trade the 2nd overall pick in the 1st round to Miami for thier 5th, 18th and 2nd round pick (39th overall)

Just to recap...Redskins wind up with #5, #18 In the first round and #39 and #41 in the second round. Unload Trent and his salary.

Take one of CB Okudah or LB Simmons at #5, then go best OT left at #18. Target a top TE or a potentially starting OG or FS in the second round with the picks at 39 and 41...

I feel like Cooper is overrated.  Lot of hype due to the star on the helmet.  In the good not great category. It seemed like Gallup was taking over the #1 role towards the end of the season too.  I watched some Cooper vs McLaurin highlights and Terry just looked better. 

That being said Cooper still feels like a good fit due to character.  Cooper/McLaurin could split passes without the Diva attitude getting between them or the pay discrepancy.  I'm of the mind that overpaying currently for the sake of Haskins development would be worth the cost.

Cooper’s value isn’t that he’d supplant McLaurin, it’s that he’d accentuate him. His route running and speed will demand attention. And then you have a problem with McLaurin or Sims in the slot. 

His ability to run DBs off also improves the run game. 

His addition is a tremendous difference. It would be similar to Jackson when he actually played. He opened everything up.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Cooper’s value isn’t that he’d supplant McLaurin, it’s that he’d accentuate him. His route running and speed will demand attention. And then you have a problem with McLaurin or Sims in the slot. 

His ability to run DBs off also improves the run game. 

His addition is a tremendous difference. It would be similar to Jackson when he actually played. He opened everything up.

It would be massively expensive but if you had Cooper/McLaurin/Sims/Hooper/(Guice/Love) as your weapons, that could amount to something....

And unlike previous groupings, these skill sets seem to compliment each other.  

Archived