Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If it's between Jones and Bradberry, and it's a reasonable probability the Skins are walking off with one of them, who would you prefer?  I suspect most people would say Jones, I'm just curious.

Personally, I prefer Bradberry by a mile.  He has had success under Rivera, and will probably be a tad cheaper.  Bradberry went against beasts in that division, and has 4x as many career interceptions as Jones.  

Bradberry vs Jones will come down to whether they’re looking to run a primarily zone scheme (Rivera’s philosophy) or a primarily man scheme (JDR’s philosophy in Denver). I’d prefer man and Jones, but I’m betting it’ll be zone and Bradberry. 

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

that'll impact the Redskins chances for good return on TW... Some LT needy team will just sign Peters who's also oft-injured but top tier

I don't think it will affect it that much if we trade before free agency. Trading  for Trent rather than waiting for Peters eliminates any competition rather than waiting for free agency and potentially being outbid  and losing out on your target player.

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Halapoulivaati Vaitai expected to be available, Eagles not expected to be able to sign him, 8-12m expected on free agent market. Put me as a big yes. 

All I know about him is when he was forced into the game due to injury to Johnson, Kerrigan absolutely owned him.  He must have made big strides since then to now command a contract like that.  

But If we do bring him in, it will take me a little while to have confidence in him.

This guy has played well for years, He played LT for Philly from week 7 all the way through the playoffs and Superbowl the year they won it. From what I can tell he's been playing musical positions filling in for both Peters and Johnson because they get hurt so much.

429100523_Annotation2020-03-05125253.thumb.png.658d590046c39df189470013b33079fd.png

Daryl Williams has played some LT for the Panthers. Rivera has rotated him across the line/and between series at LT.

Not saying he’s the long term answer, but in a year where we need to ship Trent out, and Rivera has said he wants the other 4 starters back, then maybe Daryl Williams is an option. Just played out a 1 year 6 mil deal so very affordable.

And he either proves good enough, or provides OL versatility, and ultimately keeps the wolf from the door until we can upgrade further.

Just need to trade Trent first.

4 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Shoot sign me up for Vaitai and Conklin in free agency. Trade Trent for for what you can get, hopefully at least a 2nd. Then release Moses. With the addition of those 2, and Christian as the back up swing tackle, I think we would be fine at tackle.

Tempting, but you have to take Rivera's comments on this one into consideration ... he said they feel good about 4/5 of the line right now assuming both Guards are back and the 5th is contingent on Trent. While I think we would all like to move on from Moses, I don't think that's something this staff will do this year at least.

Viati and Conklin likely cost an APY of $25+ million and while you free up around $20 million by trading and releasing Trent and Moses, there are a LOT of teams out there that need OL help, and I have a hard time seeing us target and land two of the market's premier Tackles.

Apparently the Jets are all-in on landing Conklin. I just don't think it's in the cards for us. And to pay him LT money to play RT money no less.

13 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Some potential 2nd tier FA targets I have heard could be good for Redskins:

Damarious Randall-FS from the Browns

A.J. Klein-LB from the Saints

Daryl Williams-T from the Panthers (Edit: Just saw UK Skins Fan post from 2 hours ago)

Klein and Williams would be great. We did just resign Bostic though. Williams I think is a lock for us.

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Re Bryce love...yasssss. Could change a lot for the offense to have a RB as explosive as that. 

Might be who I'm most excited about going into next season. 

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Klein and Williams would be great. We did just resign Bostic though. Williams I think is a lock for us.

Might be who I'm most excited about going into next season. 

I didn't know we had resigned Bostic, thought we were just talking with his agent?. 

HTTR 

Archived