Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I guess. We drafted him last year in the first, canned the coach who wouldn't play him. Hes currently the starter. We hired a coach who wanted to work with him. Hes been in the building preparing as the starter every day. Of course we could throw all of that away with what we thought was a competent coaching staff and FO, but nothing points to that happening, so it's only slightly more likely than Snyder selling the team or a comet hitting the stadium, but yeah. I think everyone else knows that hes currently the starter.

WR is not more important than QB

And players are allowed to have opinions. 

I didnt say hes picking players. Hes voicing an opinion. 

you repeated what I said in that post, by the way.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Maybe this should head to the Haskins thread (although I’ll also take my share of the blame...)

Agreed. Sorry. It's gotten really dumb really quick. I apologize for being a part of that.

Just now, KDawg said:

you repeated what I said in that post, by the way.

Ok

No one is blowing anything out of proportion. We’re discussing it. No one is screaming to cut the dude.

Anything critical of him and people jump immediately to his aide. He’s doing well this offseason. He has a lot to improve. Not doing stuff like that is a good start.

As I’ve said, literally three times now, it’s not the end of the world. But he may want to find someone to advise him on how to use social media.

And I do find it hypocritical that our QB, who is the leader, is fine to do stuff like that. But a guy who may not be the leader would be a different story.

The guy who wants to be the leader of the offense should probably remember that’s his role. 

Again, he’s young. He’s learning. He’s doing better. This is just another step.

Tom Brady has spent the last year shamelessly lobbying the Patriots to bring back Antonio Brown. He just “liked” a recent AB tweet about getting ready for a return. 

This is much ado about nothing. I posted the tweet because I thought it was funny how that Diggs to DC rumor just won’t die.  Didn’t expect people to use it to take Digs at Haskins (pun intended). 

Tweeting and instagraming isn’t my thing but I have no issues with folks who want to do it however, I agree, his focus should be more on the books and improving his play as this just feeds into the narrative for the naysayers which I sort of am myself. Seems he is more focused on charging for parties, telling the league they had done messed up and tweeting.

30 minutes ago, dyst said:

Tweeting and instagraming isn’t my thing but I have no issues with folks who want to do it however, I agree, his focus should be more on the books and improving his play as this just feeds into the narrative for the naysayers which I sort of am myself. Seems he is more focused on charging for parties, telling the league they had done messed up and tweeting.

According to his coaches, the media etc, Haskins has been focusing on becoming a better QB....

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Tom Brady has spent the last year shamelessly lobbying the Patriots to bring back Antonio Brown. He just “liked” a recent AB tweet about getting ready for a return. 

This is much ado about nothing. I posted the tweet because I thought it was funny how that Diggs to DC rumor just won’t die.  Didn’t expect people to use it to take Digs at Haskins (pun intended). 

Tom Brady vs: Haskins

Hall of Famer vs: Rookie

GOAT vs: Bust “so far”

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

If you say so. 

I disagree. I think it’s goofy to do **** like that. It alienates the team.

Not a single one of you would be okay with a receiver doing that with a different QB in the graphic. 

There are three starting WRs on a team vs 1 QB. We need a WR badly too.

30 minutes ago, carex said:

he is not a bust so far.  And there is no good reason to complain about this period

He played AWFUL last year. Not great, not good but simply AWFUL.  

People were mocking Daniel Jones for his performance and yet he way out played Haskins. 

He had 6 good QTRs, the rest of the games he sucked majorly. His mechanics, timing and accuracy were off. He had a bad year period.

He can certainly improve, that is not at all what I am saying but his rookie year had bust written all over it. That is not how I envisioned a #15 overall QB to play.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

People were mocking Daniel Jones for his performance and yet he way out played Haskins. 

He had 6 good QTRs, the rest of the games he sucked majorly. His mechanics, timing and accuracy were off. He had a bad year period.

He can certainly improve, that is not at all what I am saying but his rookie year had bust written all over it. That is not how I envisioned a #15 overall QB to play.

How did you feel about Haskins when the Skins picked him?

Just now, wit33 said:

How did you feel about Haskins when the Skins picked him?

I was happy with the pick in that we needed a QB and we didn’t have to trade up to get him. His highlights got me excited and in preseason I was hyped. But being honest with myself, he stunk it up. 

I hope he succeeds with us but nothing in his play last year consistently gives me hope. 

35 minutes ago, dyst said:

no, he didn't

19 minutes ago, carex said:

no, he didn't

1 minute ago, dyst said:

You have low expectations and that is fine. 

I think you’re both right.

He played poorly for most of the year, but he seemed to improve different facets of his game week to week leading to the final 2 games where he played very well. Now, those games were against two terrible pass defenses... but he still played well there. 

He showed good and bad. There’s nothing saying he’s the guy. There’s nothing saying he isn’t. This offseason is his prove it time.

To get this on topic to free agency, getting weapons for him and the backup QB is important. Amari Cooper or Diggs should be targets. But Diggs is going to be difficult to acquire. The draft is deep and we don’t have additional capital as it currently stands. 

Id pay Cooper. He’s worth it. 

Haskins has a lot to prove. As do a few other players. Let’s see what they can do with sound coaching and some weapons.

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt Philly would’ve felt the need to trade up to draft Dillard last year if this was an accurate assessment of his skill/potential.  I think he’ll be JAG wherever he lands. Hope it’s not with us if he’s asking for anything over $8-10mm. 

52 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think you’re both right.

He played poorly for most of the year, but he seemed to improve different facets of his game week to week leading to the final 2 games where he played very well. Now, those games were against two terrible pass defenses... but he still played well there. 

He showed good and bad. There’s nothing saying he’s the guy. There’s nothing saying he isn’t. This offseason is his prove it time.

To get this on topic to free agency, getting weapons for him and the backup QB is important. Amari Cooper or Diggs should be targets. But Diggs is going to be difficult to acquire. The draft is deep and we don’t have additional capital as it currently stands. 

Id pay Cooper. He’s worth it. 

Haskins has a lot to prove. As do a few other players. Let’s see what they can do with sound coaching and some weapons.

You also have to take into account that he was basically thrown to the wolves without much prep the first game or two as well. 

The Giants game he was thrown in mid game with no first team snaps at all and then the next game he was playing the Vikings defense with not a lot of reps. This of course after everyone said he should sit a year.

After those first two games he threw 7 TDs to 3 INTs and looked better every week. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Vaitai is a cap trap.

That should be the nickname of Free Agency, lol.  

I think Philly trading up for Dillard isn’t a referendum on Vaitai, but rather sound roster planning.  He’s valuable for his positional versatility, but he’s probably going to get paid as a starter, which (along with interest from multiple teams) likely means he’ll be overpaid.  

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

You also have to take into account that he was basically thrown to the wolves without much prep the first game or two as well. 

The Giants game he was thrown in mid game with no first team snaps at all and then the next game he was playing the Vikings defense with not a lot of reps. This of course after everyone said he should sit a year.

After those first two games he threw 7 TDs to 3 INTs and looked better every week. 

I won’t give him that benefit of the doubt. Minshew got thrown to the wolves and responded. Haskins has some fault in that scenario. We know he doesn’t function well if he’s not “the guy”. He didn’t spend time around the film room. Didn’t do the extra stuff so he’d be prepared if that situation occurred. 

Now, actually to his credit, once he got the reigns you could tell he was making small strides. Which is something.

I’ll never love that he didn’t seem to put the same effort in when he wasn’t the starter vs. when he was. But better something than nothing.

He needs weapons. A healthy Bryce Love is a significant weapon. As is a healthy Guice. They both just need to be... healthy. A big question. 

Add in a FA receiver like Cooper, McLaurin, a rookie receiver, Harmon and Sims and some kind of improvement at the TE spot and he has weapons of the line can protect even a little. 

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like this guy, I think he's free agency's best kept secret, he plays both tackle and guard positions and he's played at a high level while filling in for Johnson and Peters when they were hurt.

I think he gets better if you give him a set position and let him settle in.

I just wonder why Philly is letting him go.

Archived