Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Its basically just "kids today" way of routing for his team. Its actually pretty cool seeing Dwayne be so excited trying to add talent to his offense. Especially while people are discussing Rivers and Tua coming here. That's maturity. 

See, I agree, a lot of it IS just "kids today" and people need to stop getting the vapors over it......... our season is not going to be decided by anything anyone puts on Twitter or Instagram

Eh. Disagree. Makes his current guys question how he feels about them. I think it’s not great.

End of the world? No. But not great. 

I wonder how upset people would be if McLaurin posted a similar montage that said “McLaurin... Tua”

He wouldnt, because he’s a savvy guy. But I bet the reactions are no where near as amicable from this fan base. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Eh. Disagree. Makes his current guys question how he feels about them. I think it’s not great.

Pretty sure Harmon knows that he's a bubble starter and Diggs is arguably one of the leagues best.

Perhaps there is no chemistry between Harmon (who I'm using as an example) and Haskins anyway. It's just going to get more NBA/ childish/ personal anyway. I agree with not likeing it. I'm still down on FA myself. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Eh  😄

I just see it as part of that "Look at ME!" mutation that technology has introduced into the human genome, kids today don't feel like they exist if they don't have a digital footprint, usually one like Sasquatch

Win the game and then tweet all ya want, I won't give a rat's ass

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Here I come again as a “hater” - but I wish Haskins didn’t put stuff like that up on social media. It’s one of people’s biggest complaints.

Diggs is under contract with the Vikings. Now, what he’s doing isn’t necessarily against any rules (I don’t think, though I guess I’m not so sure what all of the tampering rules entail nowadays), but it’s not a great look. 

I get it. It happens in sports. But what would be cool is if he were posting images like that with McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, etc. you know... guys that are on the roster. 

I would love Diggs on this roster, but I’m not sure how this team goes out and gets him. 

Agree.

Diggs is a Viking and it’s borderline unprofessional for Haskins to promote Diggs in a Redskins uniform. It’s either disrespectful towards the Vikings, or if in a situation where Diggs to the Redskins in ‘potentially happening’, then it’s somewhat undermining towards our front office. Basically, keep it shut.

And that doesn’t detract from the fact I’ve been promoting Diggs to the Redskins for a long time. Would love that to unfold.

56 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree.

Diggs is a Viking and it’s borderline unprofessional for Haskins to promote Diggs in a Redskins uniform. It’s either disrespectful towards the Vikings, or if in a situation where Diggs to the Redskins in ‘potentially happening’, then it’s somewhat undermining towards our front office. Basically, keep it shut.

And that doesn’t detract from the fact I’ve been promoting Diggs to the Redskins for a long time. Would love that to unfold.

Right and if Brady was on TV and said he'd love to play with Diggs, that would be awful too.

It's unfathomable that players would say they want to play with other talented players.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Right and if Brady was on TV and said he'd love to play with Diggs, that would be awful too.

It's unfathomable that players would say they want to play with other talented players.

This is all much ado about nothing. If he is studying and preparing and performs, it’s better to have him on social media advocating for the term in the public eye. Players recruit other players. I want our guys to do that too.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

he didn’t say it. He dressed Diggs up in a Redskins uni and posted it on social media.

i don’t think it’s that great a thing to do but I’m not that heated about it to worry. 

I’d take Diggs anyway without hesitation.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

he didn’t say it. He dressed Diggs up in a Redskins uni and posted it on social media.

i don’t think it’s that great a thing to do but I’m not that heated about it to worry. 

I’d take Diggs anyway without hesitation.

It would be weird if it was an action figure or a barbie or something, but it's just the internet.

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It would be weird if it was an action figure or a barbie or something, but it's just the internet.

Eh. This stuff effects teams whether you all want to believe it or not.

Like I said, I think you’d all be singing a different tune if McLaurin posted an image with him catching a pass from Cam Newton in a Skins uniform “Newton to McLaurin for six!”

It wouldn’t happen though, because McLaurin is a professional. 

I don’t think this is the end of the world. But it could have been handled better.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Eh. This stuff effects teams whether you all want to believe it or not.

Like I said, I think you’d all be singing a different tune if McLaurin posted an image with him catching a pass from Cam Newton in a Skins uniform “Newton to McLaurin for six!”

It wouldn’t happen though, because McLaurin is a professional. 

I don’t think this is the end of the world. But it could have been handled better.

You're right, because the WR isn't the QB and if a WR was doing that, he'd be changing uniforms.

It's Haskins team. His offense to lead and drive. He gets a say in who he'd like. He was also talking up Hooper. He's not putting anyone down.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

You're right, because the WR isn't the QB and if a WR was doing that, he'd be changing uniforms.

It's Haskins team. His offense to lead and drive. He gets a say in who he'd like. He was also talking up Hooper. He's not putting anyone down.

No. He doesn’t get a say in who he’d like. Everyone can give feedback, but at the end of the day it’s the front office’s job.

And McLaurin is a better player than Haskins. 

3 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

This is some insane level of boomerism in here. The dude hypes up his own WRs on a regular basis. I’m sure everyone on the team would love to have Diggs.

If you say so. 

I disagree. I think it’s goofy to do **** like that. It alienates the team.

Not a single one of you would be okay with a receiver doing that with a different QB in the graphic. 

I’m not big on Haskins showing Diggs in a Skins uni, but... 

1) The FO has already talked about bringing in a vet to play across from McLaurin. 
2) It’s not like Harmon would be a full time bench player or cut from the team if Diggs were brought in.  
3) McLaurin advocating for Tua would obviously be a very different story.  
4) I think there’s something to this being a generation gap situation - people that have grown up with/using social media vs those who didn’t.
5) Haskins has no pull on this front and knows it.  He might want Diggs to consider the Skins and know he’s be welcomed if the situation arose, but he’s not lobbying for the guy.  
6) I don’t see it as very different from a guy saying he wanted AP’s option picked up... I don’t think we’d take that as a judgement of Guice/Love.  
7) I have to assume players lobbying other players is not tampering...

Now, with all of that said, I can see why people would not want Haskins saying anything at all.  The best thing he can do to change this narrative is to keep his head down, put in the work, and stay off social media.  I’m just not sure that’s exactly reasonable though given today’s climate.  Ok, maybe ‘reasonable’ is the wrong word.  I don’t think it’s that far off from wanting players to just hand the ball to the ref after a score (which I’d like, but I just can’t judge people for not doing).  

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you say so. 

Not a single one of you would be okay with a receiver doing that with a different QB in the graphic. 

or Daniel Jones mocking up Mclaurin in a Giant uni and begging him to NY.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you say so. 

Right, but that’s a very different situation- only 1 qb plays at a time.  But... if McLaurin lobbied for Colt to come back (as a backup), I’d be fine with it. 😁

although I might question his mental makeup a bit 😏

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’m not big on Haskins showing Diggs in a Skins uni, but... 

1) The FO has already talked about bringing in a vet to play across from McLaurin. 
2) It’s not like Harmon would be a full time bench player or cut from the team if Diggs were brought in.  
3) McLaurin advocating for Tua would obviously be a very different story.  
4) I think there’s something to this being a generation gap situation - people that have grown up with/using social media vs those who didn’t.
5) Haskins has no pull on this front and knows it.  He might want Diggs to consider the Skins and know he’s be welcomed if the situation arose, but he’s not lobbying for the guy.  
6) I don’t see it as very different from a guy saying he wanted AP’s option picked up... I don’t think we’d take that as a judgement of Guice/Love.  
7) I have to assume players lobbying other players is not tampering...

Now, with all of that said, I can see why people would not want Haskins saying anything at all.  The best thing he can do to change this narrative is to keep his head down, put in the work, and stay off social media.  I’m just not sure that’s exactly reasonable though given today’s climate.  Ok, maybe ‘reasonable’ is the wrong word.  I don’t think it’s that far off from wanting players to just hand the ball to the ref after a score (which I’d like, but I just can’t judge people for not doing).  

I'm in the same boat with you skinny. I rather him stay off social media with stuff like this but I think this is getting blown way out of proportion.

As far as he alienating the team? It's not even his team yet. He hasn't earned it yet. If this were two years from now, where we were set roster-wise and he earned his status as a team leader, I might view it differently.

43 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

did I miss this news?

I guess. We drafted him last year in the first, canned the coach who wouldn't play him. Hes currently the starter. We hired a coach who wanted to work with him. Hes been in the building preparing as the starter every day. Of course we could throw all of that away with what we thought was a competent coaching staff and FO, but nothing points to that happening, so it's only slightly more likely than Snyder selling the team or a comet hitting the stadium, but yeah. I think everyone else knows that hes currently the starter.

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. He doesn’t get a say in who he’d like. Everyone can give feedback, but at the end of the day it’s the front office’s job.

And McLaurin is a better player than Haskins. 

WR is not more important than QB

And players are allowed to have opinions. 

I didnt say hes picking players. Hes voicing an opinion. 

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

or Daniel Jones mocking up Mclaurin in a Giant uni and begging him to NY.

I mean, I’d laugh at him because McLaurin ain’t going anywhere, but I’d have no problem with Jones advocating for Diggs (outside of not wanting him to go to NY).  What if Rodgers showed a pic of Dunbar in a Packers uni?  

Archived