Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

All them signings apart from Sherff if franchised tagged will have a lower 2020 hit than there average cap figure per year. We could possibly sign Bradbury, Hooper and Flowers and there cap hit could be 20m for all 3 players this year.  

Absolutely, even more so this offseason with the expected surge in salary cap in subsequent years.  

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah Bouye is on big money.

Wonder how this reflects on Dunbars trade value?

I would think it lowers Dunbar's value.. Bouye is on a big money deal off a few pro bowls. Dunbar is a nobody who can't stay healthy and has one year of pff calling him good.

4 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I would think it lowers Dunbar's value.. Bouye is on a big money deal off a few pro bowls. Dunbar is a nobody who can't stay healthy and has one year of pff calling him good.

I don’t really think it changes anything to be honest. AJ’s deal has him making way too much money and has a zero dead cap hit if he’s cut. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up becoming a cap causality.

i also think most teams would rather have Dunbar at 8 mil a year than A.J. at 13.5

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t really think it changes anything to be honest. AJ’s deal has him making way too much money and has a zero dead cap hit if he’s cut. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up becoming a cap causality.

i also think most teams would rather have Dunbar at 8 mil a year than A.J. at 13.5

yeah I guess, if they're comfortable paying him a million dollars a game for the ones he's healthy for. 🤣

4 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

yeah I guess, if they're comfortable paying him a million dollars a game for the ones he's healthy for. 🤣

Honestly, 2018 was a tough year for injuries for him but I imagine last year he was IRed early like everyone else because the season was already done. If the team was still in the hunt I’m not sure he would have been shelved. Hamstrings need time to heel and I’m hoping third time’s the charm. If we do extend him, I’m hoping it’s very incentive-laden in terms of playing time.

2 hours ago, Poindexter said:

Good to hear that Bostic will be back....I think he can play all 3 linebacker positions and if we can get Reuben Foster in the mix with Holcomb then we are set and have more than enough speed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/03/report-washington-working-to-bring-back-jon-bostic/

Foster can't even feel his feet anymore. His legs are worse than Reeds head. He's done. That's why Bostic.

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Foster can't even feel his feet anymore. His legs are worse than Reeds head. He's done. That's why Bostic.

Is this true on Foster? You’ve mentioned this a few times, didn’t know this was an ongoing issue for him. With that said, I haven’t seen anything on his recovery.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Says the guy who's in love with our core of underwhelming barely drafted TE squad. 

Well, that’s half true. I’m on record saying Hentges can develop, but ideally he’d be a 2. I’m just not in love with the tight end options for the cost. That has more to do with it than my comfortability level with our tight ends. And I think that lack of good options is a good thing for Hentges to show what he can do.

There ARE options at backer. In the draft and in free agency. 

The only option in FA is Hooper. Who I am coming around on having watched more of him on YouTube. But he comes with a hefty price tag. Team's will bid high on him. And I'm not sure he's worth gigantic money. But I'd take Hooper as a player, with Hentges as the 2.

Even better would be Hooper + Claypool as the split out Y/up back/sometimes receiver + Hentges + Sprinkle with McLaurin/Cooper/Harmon/Sims at receiver.

Agreed. And with Henry being tagged there’s no real viable TE option in free agency. Ebron is a receiver who likes to drop every other pass. Jacob Hollister is a lesser heralded name that I don’t think I’d mind coming in, but I’m not sold is that much of an upgrade. Though he would be an upgrade at some level. 

We could trade for one... but trade what? 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agreed. And with Henry being tagged there’s no real viable TE option in free agency. Ebron is a receiver who likes to drop every other pass. Jacob Hollister is a lesser heralded name that I don’t think I’d mind coming in, but I’m not sold is that much of an upgrade. Though he would be an upgrade at some level. 

We could trade for one... but trade what? 

Feels like Hooper or bust.  I am not as concerned with overpaying a dude 2 million or so when its a major position of weakness with little other options on the table.  So i am not in the if its 11 million or so for Hooper than I am out crowd.

I actually hate more overpaying for mediocre players in FA.  Giving lets say 6 million a year to a dude who deserves 3 million.  That's been the Bruce Allen "special" as to approach to FA.    Maybe Tyler Eifert, but he seems always hurt.  Oddly enough Jason Witten might be the next best, his numbers were decent last year but he's an old, 1 year fix at best.  Ebron has the reputation of playing soft sometimes and not being the best blocker.

I am higher than most on some of the possibilities in the draft at TE.   FA feels like Hooper or bust.

Archived