Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

21 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Jones is a better than Bradberry.

Truth be told, Dunbar is better than Bradberry too.

#Neverpaybigmoneytoazonecorner

I know Bradberry is good 1v1 and he goes against Julio, Micheal Thomas, Mike Evans and has faired well trailing them. That’s why the super bad grade from pff gives me a little pause, maybe he’s bad in other scenarios? I don’t know enough. 

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I know Bradberry is good 1v1 and he goes against Julio, Micheal Thomas, Mike Evans and has faired well trailing them. That’s why the super bad grade from pff gives me a little pause, maybe he’s bad in other scenarios? I don’t know enough. 

He not a good tackler from what I've heard.  Coverage he's excellent on.  Jones should be target #1 because his game is complete as a coverage and tackling CB.  

I think we're going to target a big money CB, but I just don't think it's necessary. I'd rather get a couple of mid range guys that fit the Del Rio defensive scheme. Paying corners, especially ones not "raised" in your system tends to be a mistake. 

If we're going to spend money, I'd prefer it be on the OL and a WR. Defensively would be a linebacker, but I don't think there are any that will really break the bank and a free safety. I'd say tight end, but I'm not enamored with any of the FAs and I have an irrational belief in Hale Hentges and Wilson to develop. 

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think we're going to target a big money CB, but I just don't think it's necessary. I'd rather get a couple of mid range guys that fit the Del Rio defensive scheme. Paying corners, especially ones not "raised" in your system tends to be a mistake. 

If we're going to spend money, I'd prefer it be on the OL and a WR. Defensively would be a linebacker, but I don't think there are any that will really break the bank and a free safety. I'd say tight end, but I'm not enamored with any of the FAs and I have an irrational belief in Hale Hentges and Wilson to develop. 

To be honest, I'd prefer to evaluate the combo of Dunbar/Moreau for a full season.

I too wouldn’t necessarily shy away from CB especially if we re-up Dunbar. Who knows maybe in a trade-down we target Okudah. But if we trade Trent we will have $74 million in cap space. Even bringing back Scherff, Flowers and a LB and TE leave us a ton of $$. Guess we will see what the approach is. 

Rivera has had a lot of success drafting and developing CBs. And he’s consistently built his secondary through the draft. One year he drafted 3 CBs after we took Norman. 

If our plan is to build up value of 2 and trade out then I’d expect us to draft a CB pretty high to develop. Harder to see that if we stay at 2 unless the plan is to go hard after Cooper in FA and you free up the 3rd to go CB. 

Also Ron has drafted his best CBs from small schools. Norman from Coastal Carolina and Bradberry from Samford. Both FCS schools. Which gives me hope he can develop Jimmy in year 2. 

Scherff (RG) -$15 APY

Flowers (LG) - $10 APY

Klein (LB) - $7 APY

Boston (FS) - $7 APY

Ebron (TE) - $8 APY

Allen (QB) - $4 APY 

With loser Y1 cap hits you still have $30m in space. Maybe we roll it forward and go Chase, CB, WR, OT and hold off on TE 

Where's the Hunter Henry talk???

TE has become a must have in this league. I think to many discussed SFO's defensive build in this years super bowl and not enough about both team's all-pro TE's and the role on their respective teams. 

Hooper and Henry should be #1 targets. Bradberry would be nice, but expensive.

Boston should be aggressively sought. 

32 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Where's the Hunter Henry talk???

TE has become a must have in this league. I think to many discussed SFO's defensive build in this years super bowl and not enough about both team's all-pro TE's and the role on their respective teams. 

Hooper and Henry should be #1 targets. Bradberry would be nice, but expensive.

Boston should be aggressively sought. 

I'm not sold on Henry's health. I'm not sold on Hooper being worth the cost.

To be transparent, I have an irrational belief in Hentges and Wilson. Nothing to point at as to why. I just do. It's a gut feel. It's possibly wrong. But I wouldn't target Hooper for big money. If anything, I'd be more on board with Henry as I feel he's the better player and fit. Even with the injuries. I'm not worried about TE is injuries happen due to my irrational support of Hentges. 

Juwan Johnson is a guy I like who is currently a WR but could play TE in the draft. A few others, too, but I don't see guys like Trautman being there.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I've heard that, but seen nothing concrete.

Regardless, I'm not a Hooper fan.

It’s either the tag or a long-term deal according to Schefter. Similar to our situation with Scherff. 

I’m not a big Hooper fan either. Would rather trade for one of the good, young Rams, Browns or Ravens TEs for a Day 3 pick. 

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sold on Henry's health. I'm not sold on Hooper being worth the cost.

To be transparent, I have an irrational belief in Hentges and Wilson. Nothing to point at as to why. I just do. It's a gut feel. It's possibly wrong. But I wouldn't target Hooper for big money. If anything, I'd be more on board with Henry as I feel he's the better player and fit. Even with the injuries. I'm not worried about TE is injuries happen due to my irrational support of Hentges. 

Juwan Johnson is a guy I like who is currently a WR but could play TE in the draft. A few others, too, but I don't see guys like Trautman being there.

You're not the only one. I think Hentges is already clearly better than sprinkle and could be a serviceable do it all guy. He's never gonna be the athlete that guys like Kelce and Kittle are, but he is good enough to make the tough catches and get you some 1st downs/redzone td's.

Ebron graded out well on the season and he was on a poor team, it seems like the talent has always been there but hasn't fully developed yet.  He's only 26, does anyone know if he can block or is he a pure pass catching TE?

It might be a better decision than spending a ton of money on Hooper.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

This is so how I feel. I may be more positive on Henry or Cooper than you, but I'm still hoping we lose the bidding wars on them. One thing I remember about Norv is his ability to build TEs. I remember Jamie Asher and Stephen Alexander being no names who became legit guys here. I don't know how well Wilson can block but I definitely like his ability to open up the passing game (also felt that Parham had this ability and he's made some plays in the XFL this year). But I would think we could do better by throwing more lottery tickets at the TE position instead of investing  a lot in that one dream of a Henry or Cooper. 

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Ebron graded out well on the season and he was on a poor team, it seems like the talent has always been there but hasn't fully developed yet.  He's only 26, does anyone know if he can block or is he a pure pass catching TE?

It might be a better decision than spending a ton of money on Hooper.

He's pretty much a big slot receiver.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fuller always made sense to me.  Young and I doubt he's that expensive. 

Thing is has he become a better player since he's left?  I know they won the Superbowl and everyone remembers the meaningless interception at the end of the game but he was moved to safety last year and he graded just barely average.

It doesn't sound like something we need.

50 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Thing is has he become a better player since he's left?  I know they won the Superbowl and everyone remembers the meaningless interception at the end of the game but he was moved to safety last year and he graded just barely average.

It doesn't sound like something we need.

IMO we need two corners and they are unlikely going to be able to pay big for both.  Considering Fuller's age and the fact that he can play slot, outside and some safety and assuming you can get him cheap -- then IMO why not?  If he's on the Redskins radar screen as Standig suggested, then I'd presume Kyle Smith is part of that evaluation and I trust him.  I wouldn't pay big money though but i doubt they'd have to.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

54. CB KENDALL FULLER

There’s no arguing that Kendall Fuller’s career has been heading south at a rapid rate of knots, but we are just two years removed from him looking like the best slot defender in the NFL. In 2017, Fuller earned an overall PFF grade of 90.6 thanks to four interceptions and eight pass breakups; he allowed a passer rating of just 56.7 and only 9.3 yards per catch. The Chiefs moved Fuller to safety where his play fell off a cliff, but a new team might try and resurrect his best play in the slot given that he is just 25 and should theoretically have his best football ahead of him.

Can someone explain why we need to sign a CB? I like our current group and think they would benefit from having Chase Young applying pressure to the QB. People hate when I say it but Kerrigan did not help the defense last season in terms of rushing qb and forcing bad decisions. I would trade him and grab another young cb in the draft. 

Archived