Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

20 minutes ago, OGDMV said:

Can someone explain why we need to sign a CB? I like our current group and think they would benefit from having Chase Young applying pressure to the QB. People hate when I say it but Kerrigan did not help the defense last season in terms of rushing qb and forcing bad decisions. I would trade him and grab another young cb in the draft. 

because Norman is gone, Dunbar is always hurt and a malcontent.. besides Norman you have a giant mash unit.. all these guys ended the year on IR and had problems staying on the field.

Moreau

DRC

Dunbar

Strowman

D. Johnson

J Moreland

The guys who were starting weeks 16 and 17 were scrubs like Colvin, Webster, Smith and Reeves.. and those guys were burnt to a crisp. And to add insult to injury, none of those guys I listed were particularly good. Some were ok but most were just bodies.

That's why we need to sign a cb or two.

26 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

would any of you be willing to take on Nick Foles contract if the Jags gave us a 2nd? I have no idea what his value on the open market right now.

No. If the choice is Foles, who has twice now essentially failed outside of Philadelphia, I'd rather develop Haskins. 

Just now, KDawg said:

No. If the choice is Foles, who has twice now essentially failed outside of Philadelphia, I'd rather develop Haskins. 

Take into account that:

a) we have a ton of cap room to fit an expensive backup in without it killing us

b) we don’t know the status of Alex and still need an experienced backup

c) it’s a relatively short deal where theoretically we can get out of next year with a 13 million dollar dch 

d) getting a high second rounder to take in that contract is something teams like us should be taking advantage of.

i don’t even know if the Jags are dangling Foles out there as a way to save on the cap or even if there are teams willing to take him on for free. Just a thought.

38 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Take into account that:

a) we have a ton of cap room to fit an expensive backup in without it killing us

c) it’s a relatively short deal where theoretically we can get out of next year with a 13 million dollar dch 

d) getting a high second rounder to take in that contract is something teams like us should be taking advantage of.

i don’t even know if the Jags are dangling Foles out there as a way to save on the cap or even if there are teams willing to take him on for free. Just a thought.

I do not want Foles as the backup quarterback. If they were to give us a second rounder for taking him, I'd take him and immediately get rid of him via trade or release and keep the 2. 

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Under contract doesn't mean much. He could arrive at a new team and want a new deal upon arrival. 

Honestly, this is becoming a real problem around the NFL. Players refusing to play remaining years in their contract. It’s going to get to the point where even if fully guaranteed players are still going to be willing to forgo the last years in hopes of a bigger contract.

i feel players should be able to do this no more than once in their careers.

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

They moved Fuller to safety?  Really?  I'm pretty sure he played more snaps at outside CB.  Regardless, I'd definitely be on board with bringing him back to play slot CB - at the right price.

His playing time diminished after coming back from his injury but then the starting safety tore his ACL at the end of the season, Fuller ended up filling in for him and he played the last 2 games and the entire playoffs at safety, they like his versatility and they say his intelligence is off the charts I just don't know if he's grown into a player we would want to overpay for.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Take into account that:

If you trade Trent, you clear up $14m or so in cap room. I’d take foles + a 2nd for sure. Could use that 2nd to take someone like Prince Tega or the Boise St OT to replace him

Just now, JSSkinz said:

His playing time diminished after coming back from his injury and the starting safety tore his ACL at the end of the season, he played the last 2 games and the entire playoffs at safety, they like his versatility and they say his intelligence is off the charts I just don't know if he's grown into a player we would want to overpay for.

Hmmm, yeah, just read it in this article.  Could be a good backup plan at FS if we don't sign Tre Boston.  Or maybe we should sign Boston at FS and Fuller at Slot CB and have Fuller as the backup FS, with Moreland as backup Slot CB.  Would be great for versatility and vastly improve our secondary.  If we did that, I could live with Moreau at CB2.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

would any of you be willing to take on Nick Foles contract if the Jags gave us a 2nd? I have no idea what his value on the open market right now.

Yes. That would be a valuable pick. Trent for a 2 and take on Foles for a 2. He’s your backup QB for a year. You have 2 second rounders now to play with at an even 2020 cap swap of Trent for Foles 

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Take into account that:

The way I interpret it, we could cut him after 2020 season with no cap hit.  Only 2019 and 2020 salaries were guaranteed, and Jax takes the hit from the signing bonus when they trade him.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/nick-foles-9898/

As of right now, Jax has 22 mil in cap room.  That's not much if you want to upgrade your roster.  So they might be motivated to find someone to take the 15 mil in guaranteed salary off their hands.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap/

I would absolutely take foles and a 2nd day pick in a trade package, mostly for the draft pick.  Let foles be our veteran backup we need for 2020.  Yes he's overpaid, but to secure a second day pick in a deep draft like this, go for it.  If we want to part ways after 2020, we can do so with no hit.  Make it happen Ron!!

53 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yes. That would be a valuable pick. Trent for a 2 and take on Foles for a 2. He’s your backup QB for a year. You have 2 second rounders now to play with at an even 2020 cap swap of Trent for Foles 

so you want to pay Foles 15mil and Alex Smith 20mil ?

Archived