Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, dyst said:

I was happy with the pick in that we needed a QB and we didn’t have to trade up to get him. His highlights got me excited and in preseason I was hyped. But being honest with myself, he stunk it up. 

I hope he succeeds with us but nothing in his play last year consistently gives me hope. 

Okay, I was wondering if you didn’t like the pick from the beginning, but I certainly can see how some may have thought Haskins was overall bad last year. Personally, I’m  more in the middle and remain unsure. I love the fact he’s able to move in the pocket and extend plays and I’m less bullish on this point, but he seems to value attacking downfield aggressively. These traits are musts in the modern day “pocket QB” (In laymen view). Him having an elite arm is awesome as well; no throw or concept is untouchable. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think you’re both right.

He played poorly for most of the year, but he seemed to improve different facets of his game week to week leading to the final 2 games where he played very well. Now, those games were against two terrible pass defenses... but he still played well there. 

He showed good and bad. There’s nothing saying he’s the guy. There’s nothing saying he isn’t. This offseason is his prove it time.

100%

Coming out of college the biggest criticism was he wasn't ready for the NFL, so to expect anything more than someone who wasn't ready is unrealistic. Talentwise he's as good as anyone who came out last year and that's rarely something you can teach. Slowing the game down is something you CAN teach, but it only happens if you're willing to be patient and let them deal with the growing pains. 

But to still have this opinion that he played horrible even with his drastic improvements is more of an indictment of a stubborn perspective that simply won't be changed. 

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I like this guy, I think he's free agency's best kept secret, he plays both tackle and guard positions and he's played at a high level while filling in for Johnson and Peters when they were hurt.

I think he gets better if you give him a set position and let him settle in.

I just wonder why Philly is letting him go.

Same reason we'll let Christian go. Hes not good at any position. 

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We’ll sign the OL guy from CAR Williams to back fill. 3 year 20mil max.

I was wondering what people thought of Darryl Williams. I liked him coming out of Oklahoma. 4th round pick i thought at the time was best as a RT. I think his PFF was pretty bad at OT and he played Guard mostly for Carolina. Doesn’t exactly scream LT to me but if Ron brings him in to play LT I will trust his judgment on it

2017: started 16G at RT

2018: torn MCL - IR

2019: 12G started ... 4 at LT, 3 at RG, 5 at LG 

also ... a veteran OT to keep our eyes on is Mike Remmers. He spent time with the Panthers from 2015-2016 where he started most of 2016 at LT. Signed a 5 year $30m deal with Minny in 2017 and cut in 2019. Spent last year on a 1 year deal with NYG. Not saying he’s a starter by any means but if we need a veteran depth camp body he could be one guy to keep in mind 

37 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I was wondering what people thought of Darryl Williams. I liked him coming out of Oklahoma. 4th round pick i thought at the time was best as a RT. I think his PFF was pretty bad at OT and he played Guard mostly for Carolina. Doesn’t exactly scream LT to me but if Ron brings him in to play LT I will trust his judgment on it

2017: started 16G at RT

2018: torn MCL - IR

2019: 12G started ... 4 at LT, 3 at RG, 5 at LG 

That's my guess about the solution there. Sure hes not Trent, but with is Penn and that side of the line was definitely serviceable. Williams is a clear upgrade to Penn and a third of the cost of TW. If we can gain a 2nd and gain that kind of cap space, it's such a great move.

Trade Dunbar and a low round pick to the Vikings for Diggs to relieve their salary cap problems

Trade Trent to the Browns for #10 and use this on Jerry Jeudy

Snap up Austin Hooper in FA

And with those weapons you’ll soon find out if Dwayne is the dogs bollocks or not 

2 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Trade Dunbar and a low round pick to the Vikings for Diggs to relieve their salary cap problems

And with those weapons you’ll soon find out if Dwayne is the dogs bollocks or not 

I would not draft Jeudy at 10 in that scenario. (And I LOVE Jeudy) I would be hoping either Simmons was there or trade back to add picks.

4 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

I love what ifs but there is a zero percent chance The Browns trade the #10 in a very very good draft for Trent. In this scenario we can get a high 2nd and then draft Mims or Kmet. That is more reasonable.

34 minutes ago, dyst said:

Not only that but, focusing on one entire unit while failing to address the whole team usually doesn’t work. You don’t need McLaurin, Diggs and Juedy to be successful. But I like the idea.

Draft Chase at 2 and fill out the defense with the draft. Trade Kerrigan and grab more potential.

3 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I love what ifs but there is a zero percent chance The Browns trade the #10 in a very very good draft for Trent. In this scenario we can get a high 2nd and then draft Mims or Kmet. That is more reasonable.

I think the odds are better than zero percent. The Browns need to protect Baker now before he becomes shell shocked and ruined. Trent would be the best and quickest solution to that problem. They are in win now mode so my guess is that even the Browns are discussing the #10 but will try everything else first before surrendering it. I would at least give it a 10% chance as there is a lot of pressure in Cleveland.

2 hours ago, OGDMV said:

Draft Chase at 2 and fill out the defense with the draft. Trade Kerrigan and grab more potential.

At the moment, the oline, tight end and corner probably concern me the most. Corner least not because it's in better shape, but because I think the pass rush could be really good and I trust the coaching more on that side of the ball. Linebacker also worries me a bit. Kerrigan probably has to be an end in a 4-3. So does Sweat. So, our linebacking corp needs to be replenished and retooled to the needs of a 4-3.

Darn it. I'm talking myself into agreeing with you... though the oline still scares me the most (unless we resolve it in free agency)

8 hours ago, Burgold said:

In the glory years, the Redskins got a big talent boost by raiding the USFL. I wonder if there are gems hiding in the XFL, especially on the o line?

That’s a lovely thought, gotta figure we are looking.

10 hours ago, Burgold said:

In the glory years, the Redskins got a big talent boost by raiding the USFL. I wonder if there are gems hiding in the XFL, especially on the o line?

One guy I am intrigued by is TE Donald Parham. I think I remember him on the Skins PS but maybe not. The games I have watched he seems to be dominant and he is huge. Just an idea from a armchair scout.

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

One guy I am intrigued by is TE Donald Parham. I think I remember him on the Skins PS but maybe not. The games I have watched he seems to be dominant and he is huge. Just an idea from a armchair scout.

I'm with you. I think he was really raw last year, but if you could coach him up he could be a monster. Last year, Gruden wasn't really interested in coaching anyone up (which makes the rookie wide receiver story that much more amazing and also the reason I had hoped to retain Hilliard as receivers' coach)

7 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

I think the odds are better than zero percent. The Browns need to protect Baker now before he becomes shell shocked and ruined. Trent would be the best and quickest solution to that problem. They are in win now mode so my guess is that even the Browns are discussing the #10 but will try everything else first before surrendering it. I would at least give it a 10% chance as there is a lot of pressure in Cleveland.

Ok I guess there is never really a 0% chance (or 100%). I'd say chances are less than 5% that the Redskins would be able to acquire a 1st for Williams.  But for Draft purposes if we do get the 10th - BPA would probably be Jeudy (Simmons isn't falling to 10).  A top OT would be my 2d choice.

13 hours ago, panahoo said:

I would not draft Jeudy at 10 in that scenario. (And I LOVE Jeudy) I would be hoping either Simmons was there or trade back to add picks.

Simmons will be top 5, guaranteed. If we trade Trent for Cle -10 or NYJ -11, and Jeudy is there... I’m absolutely ok grabbing him. McLaurin/Jeudy/Sims is a great wr core. But that’s provided we make a move for a vet to fill Penn’s spot. Can draft a LT with next years first. 

Archived