Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Interesting thought ... obviously we all expect the Redskins to be fairly active in free agency BUT ...

I have seen a number of projected landing spots for some of the top free agents and I have yet to see anyone project any of them to the Redskins ...

Hooper - Packers, Patriots, Bears

Henry - Patriots, Chargers

Cooper - Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots

Conklin - Jets, Browns

D. Henry - Dolphins, Titans

Byron Jones - Eagles, Jets

Not saying we won't make a splashy signing or two, but there is very little buzz at the national level of any of these being favorites to land in Washington. Of course, there is Bradberry ... but even that has started to dissipate and I saw one site that said he's a favorite for either the Jets or Eagles.

Despite some of the guys I like...

I think the strategy is spreading the cap dollars to fill holes in the roster, draft BPA type guys and head into next season with a real core of Rivera's guys put together. There are so many holes right now that I don't think spending the cap on 1 dude at 1 position is beneficial. 

Depending on what they sign for, guys like Hollister, Littleton, etc. are going to be targets. 

Well going into 2021, the following guys are not signed or going into their last year of their contract:

Chase Roulier (UFA 2021)

Da'Ron Payne (UFA 2022)

Jonathan Allen (UFA 2021 with 5th year option pending)

Tim Settle (UFA 2022)

Ryan Anderson (UFA 2021)

SDH (UFA 2022)

Dunbar/Moreau/Nicholson (UFA 2021)

It'd be smart to start getting some of these guys under contract now while their value is still managable. 

30 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well going into 2021, the following guys are not signed or going into their last year of their contract:

Chase Roulier (UFA 2021)

Da'Ron Payne (UFA 2022)

Tim Settle (UFA 2022)

Ryan Anderson (UFA 2021)

SDH (UFA 2022)

It'd be smart to start getting some of these guys under contract now while their value is still managable. 

I agree, but it's tough to lock some of these guys up when you don't have any proof on how they'll perform in a new scheme.

I think/hope we'll see a few extensions during training camp and the regular season.

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree, but it's tough to lock some of these guys up when you don't have any proof on how they'll perform in a new scheme.

I think/hope we'll see a few extensions during training camp and the regular season.

I think for guys like Allen and Chase scheme shouldn't matter too much as their jobs will always be the same. 

Some of the LB and CB, I agree.

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think for guys like Allen and Chase scheme shouldn't matter too much as their jobs will always be the same. 

Some of the LB and CB, I agree.

That may be true of Chase, but I think Allen will be asked to 1-gap much more than he was before.  Him and Payne were two of the worst-ranked DL at generating quick pressure last season, and I think/hope the 2-gap scheme Manusky asked them to play was the main reason why.

Which actually, now that I think more about it, means we should be more inclined to lock him up now rather than waiting until after this season, when he'll probably have a career high in sacks after being unleashed to attack the QB at all times.  Though I'm sure him and his agent would prefer to wait for the season to play out for that very reason.

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Chase Roulier (UFA 2021)

Da'Ron Payne (UFA 2022)

Tim Settle (UFA 2022)

Ryan Anderson (UFA 2021)

SDH (UFA 2022)

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Here's why I wouldn't move on some of them:

Rookie deals are the best thing to happen to your cap space. You get a full window to determine value without having to pay any extra % of the cap. Of these guys, the safest to re-sign now would be SDH and Tim Settle. But do you want to re-sign them at this point?

Dunbar is going to cost a lot, and this year is kind of a "can you stay healthy" year. The risk is losing him if he does stay healthy and we don't want to pay him. But if he does stay healthy the team may give him what he wants anyways. Moreau is similar. 

Ryan Anderson doesn't really have a spot that's a great fit at this point. So this is a good year to see if he can play where JDR/Rivera want him to. 

Jon Allen and Payne could get semi expensive. So if you are content on re-signing them, you wait until the FA period/draft and give yourself a cushion and then see if you can get them inked to longer deals where a good portion of the hit is this season.

Roullier may or may not be the guy. 

Lots of "ifs" in this group of guys. The surest bet is likely Payne/Allen. But Settle could replace one of them if the price tag gets too hefty. 

Too many questions with a first year regime to get a lot of these guys signed now.

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Jon Allen and Payne could get semi expensive. So if you are content on re-signing them, you wait until the FA period/draft and give yourself a cushion and then see if you can get them inked to longer deals where a good portion of the hit is this season.

Don't they have until May 30th or so to pick up Allen's option?

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Chase Roulier (UFA 2021)

Both OL draft picks from last season could well fill that void. Martin in particular got praise in that role.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

all they need a new multi pro bowl left tackle to go with him...

I’m assuming all the action and deals regarding FA And trades will start to pick up after the votes from the players by Sat at 11:59 pm. Once they know if the CBA is extended another 10 years or if they will be working under the previous agreement for this year. Gonna be exciting next week either way.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just realised that Kyle Allen is back with the Panthers for another season. Was mentioned on here a bit as a QB option.

I mentioned him since he worked with Turner and familiar with his O.  He can be checked off the list.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Packers will probably be players for Hooper too.

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Chase Roulier (UFA 2021)

Da'Ron Payne (UFA 2022)

Tim Settle (UFA 2022)

Ryan Anderson (UFA 2021)

SDH (UFA 2022)

I think the guys who are free agents after 2022 literally cannot be negotiated with until after this season

22 minutes ago, carex said:

I think the guys who are free agents after 2022 literally cannot be negotiated with until after this season

That’s my understanding as well.  Allen is the only 2021 FA I’m looking hard at an extension for.  Considering players seem to hate the 5th year option, it might be good to negotiate beforehand.  I also think there’s a chance he blows up this year with Del Rio in charge and if we bring Young in the fold.  

Archived